Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For sure, the tactical review would have been painful for him no doubt! Hopefully he learns. Winks too.. if in doubt, knock it out was probably the first lesson I remember from football.. under 7s!
I agree with you but are Sanchez Aurier Sissoko Moura and Winks capable of learning anything now?

TBF, some of the CeeBeeBee's content on YouTube is first class these days.... #It'sNeverTooLate.
You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear was one of my Mum’s favourite sayings (other than ‘put that down you cunt’) and this would apply to those aforementioned five
They’ve had enough chances imv

Rest assured Jose is laying into the defenders today...it wont happen again

(I fecking hope)

I think it will change our season. Jose will have them getting their defensive shit together as a team, and also not take their foot off the gas when we are leading. That is as much of the problem as not defending well. If you stop pushing for more goals you let the opposition have opportunities to attack you whch thye would otherwise not get. When we are ahead we don't need to be reckless but we need to keep feeling a pressure to try and defeat the opposition, not feel like we already have before the whistle has gone.

I agree with you but are Sanchez Aurier Sissoko Moura and Winks capable of learning anything now?
I think Aurier is benefitting from Doherty pushing him all the way... I think he is improving but still hasn't fully got it.. willing to remain faithful (for now)
Sissoko isn't enough for next level.. great to come on and see the game out perhaps.
Moura gives it his all.. sometimes it is magical but often it is hard to believe he is Brazilian with his touch! Good for the squad.
Winks.. fuck knows what has happened! Poch golden boy, but really badly off the boil! Can we terminate Skipps loan.

I think it will change our season. Jose will have them getting their defensive shit together as a team, and also not take their foot off the gas when we are leading. That is as much of the problem as not defending well. If you stop pushing for more goals you let the opposition have opportunities to attack you whch thye would otherwise not get. When we are ahead we don't need to be reckless but we need to keep feeling a pressure to try and defeat the opposition, not feel like we already have before the whistle has gone.
Yes it should have been another 6-1 game!!

I think Aurier is benefitting from Doherty pushing him all the way... I think he is improving but still hasn't fully got it.. willing to remain faithful (for now)
Sissoko isn't enough for next level.. great to come on and see the game out perhaps.
Moura gives it his all.. sometimes it is magical but often it is hard to believe he is Brazilian with his touch! Good for the squad.
Winks.. fuck knows what has happened! Poch golden boy, but really badly off the boil! Can we terminate Skipps loan.
Did Skippy survive that tackle?

Anyone got a link?

I fucking hate the bbc

Mourinho coy on Spurs selection​

Tottenham v LASK (Thurs, 20:00 BST)
090b5b10-437a-467b-9fa1-16808ae8d27c.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur
Former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has just begun his news conference for Tottenham's Europa League game against Austrian side LASK, and is giving little away in terms of team selection...
"The only player I can confirm is starting is Davinson Sanchez, who will be at the press conference. The only thing I ask is that you don't ask him about his amazing goal on Sunday!"
That'll be the own goal the Colombian defender scored during West Ham's fightback to earn a 3-3 draw.

FORMER?? why the fuck did they need to mention that???
Just to gently remind us of our place...

Yes it should have been another 6-1 game!!
Exactly, removing foot off the gas pedal was a massive mistake. In the match thread at half time I commented :
First half just flew by. They must be shitting themselves about who we bring on second half. Ndombele is reborn and Hojbjerg is giving them hell. Add that to the strike force and I reckon we're looking at another 6 goal massacre.

That highlighted line came back to haunt me, they didn't shit themselves at all, they must have pissed themselves laughing when they saw Winks and Moura come on for Ndombele and Son

Exactly, removing foot off the gas pedal was a massive mistake. In the match thread at half time I commented :
First half just flew by. They must be shitting themselves about who we bring on second half. Ndombele is reborn and Hojbjerg is giving them hell. Add that to the strike force and I reckon we're looking at another 6 goal massacre.

That highlighted line came back to haunt me, they didn't shit themselves at all, they must have pissed themselves laughing when they saw Winks and Moura come on for Ndombele and Son
You could argue that we took our foot off the gas after 20 mins!

You could argue that we took our foot off the gas after 20 mins!
I haven't rewatched the game, and of course I remember it on the basis of how I was feeling, so I may be wrong.
I thought that our first half was the best half we played under Mourinho. I was super impressed with the way everybody were tracking back and almost always I remember each spam player being immediately surrounded by two-three of us

Second half, different story... slowly we lost that collective intensity and a bit offocus.

I haven't rewatched the game, and of course I remember it on the basis of how I was feeling, so I may be wrong.
I thought that our first half was the best half we played under Mourinho. I was super impressed with the way everybody were tracking back and almost always I remember each spam player being immediately surrounded by two-three of us

Second half, different story... slowly we lost that collective intensity and a bit offocus.
I would have liked to have seen Harry rested for all or part of the second half and Vinicius given a run out. Understandably though he was sitting on a hat trick and probably eager to stay on the pitch. That would have been a different scenario for the West Ham players, watching Gareth and Carlos come on, hungry for goals and keen to impress and Son still there.

I haven’t rewatched it (and don’t want to). Thought the first half was open, but their attacking quality was awful, a better team would have made more of some of their positions. Reguilon drifted infield a lot, leaving his wing exposed (was this planned by Mourinho?)

I would have liked to have seen Harry rested for all or part of the second half and Vinicius given a run out. Understandably though he was sitting on a hat trick and probably eager to stay on the pitch. That would have been a different scenario for the West Ham players, watching Gareth and Carlos come on, hungry for goals and keen to impress and Son still there.
Re Vinicius, it's difficult to say... It depends on how ready Mou thought he was. He hadn;t trained much with the full squad back from the international break, so maybe it would have been a risk. Impossible to assess if you are not in the training camp every day.

Same goes for tomorrow: of course, I would love seeing him starting. It will depend on how much Jose thinks he is ready for that. In a month from now I think he would start 100%

Back
Top Bottom