Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thankfully I didn't say that defending is the only way to mitigate talent difference, but certainly it's one of the most effective. So is pressing. It's not rocket science.

So they just got lucky? I'm sure they'd be glad to hear you explain that to them.

Well, perhaps except for that time when we ripped them apart. Might have been a little naive to not take into account the counter-attacking firepower we have.

And maybe the fact that they've only faced two teams yet from the Big 6, taking only one point from those games. Could be a factor.
:gallashmm:
Look at the form table for 2020. This isn’t an aberration.

If you’re not a Hassenhuttl fan that’s up to you, albeit I’m not sure what anyone is seeing from Southampton that makes them think that he isn’t doing an incredible job.......

Looking at this thread (not you in particular); it seems like a bunch of insecure Jose fans who act like jealous teenagers when you even mention another manager. This isn’t about Jose.

The Spurs game is easy to criticise in hindsight. I don’t remember anyone at half time saying “Southampton have this all wrong” do you?! Equally I think that if you look at our side on paper that day (I think is was Dier and Sanchez CB), you wouldn’t necessarily say a high press and offensive mindset was stupid.

They failed to deal with Kane dropping deep, that’s fair. I guess that’s the gamble they took by playing 2 up top and leaving only 2 bodies in CM.

I don’t think a complete move away from their traditional tactics to a low block would have suited their players and resulted in a result other than a loss though. The body of work he has produced has been very good so far.

Its been bloody 8 games 😆, everyone were licking leeds ass after 4 games look at them now...

I judge a manager on a season not after less than 10 games, if he gets them playing great football all season and finishes top 10 then yeh ill kiss his ass ..

All the bielsa lovers are a bit quiet atm... i wonder why..
As per above, this form has been constant throughout 2020.

Check my original post, nowhere do I say he’s the greatest manager in the world or that I want him here. All I said is I prefer him to Bielsa and that the way Southampton approach and play the game is excellent. There’s nothing premature about saying that.

Saying “everyone said” is stupid. Nowhere did I say that so it’s irrelevant really.

He’s been in the league over a year now, nothing wrong with making judgments on him, in the same way I’m sure you would a player.....

This is nothing to do with Jose, there was no call for Hasenhuttl to replace Jose in my messages.

Although if we used the binary and rudimentary way you analyse games, could easily say “Moyes realised Jose would sit deep, stuck Coucek up top and tactically outmanoeuvred him to pull the comeback off”.

See how easy it is to talk bollox?!
Moyes is good manager tho and very underrated ,. Same as jose , his reputation got tarnished because of United , before he always did a decent job with poor everton team for years , finishing on european zone ( 4-8 ) He is better than hasenhuttl that's for sure

Y'all are talking nonsense about Hassenhutl. Guy looks to be a really good coach. Let's see how this season continues to go for him but I'd have him high on my list of potential appointments post Jose.

giphy.gif

lovely to have a manager who doesnt have personal favourites for non football reasons! hes come in and identified that winks, dele, aurier and sanchez are shite and look how much we benefit from it! he may be too cautious in his lineups sometimes like today but at least we dont have a midfield that weak oppositions can just walk through

lovely to have a manager who doesnt have personal favourites for non football reasons! hes come in and identified that winks, dele, aurier and sanchez are shite and look how much we benefit from it! he may be too cautious in his lineups sometimes like today but at least we dont have a midfield that weak oppositions can just walk through

Is this post meant to be a joke?

He doesn't have favorites for non-footballing reasons????

He mentions in an interview that his sponsors wanted him to get involved with social media. The club won’t mind this, they are still (probably) looking for potential sponsors for the stadium

if poch was still the manager winks and dele would be in midfield being blown over by a small breeze! mourinho aint a mug who cares about popularity hes there to win football games

He said he liked Dier because of his attitude and then played him repeatedly when he was poor, that is as much of a non-footballing reason as there is.

There is zero footballing reasons for Sissoko to start yet week after week he is run out there.

How many games does Lucas get to start because he has a good "engine"? That isn't much of a footballing reasons.

Jose has his favorites as much if not more than any other manager out there.

He said he liked Dier because of his attitude and then played him repeatedly when he was poor, that is as much of a non-footballing reason as there is.

There is zero footballing reasons for Sissoko to start yet week after week he is run out there.

How many games does Lucas get to start because he has a good "engine"? That isn't much of a footballing reasons.

Jose has his favorites as much if not more than any other manager out there.
dier isnt the best but id rather him over sanchez currently!

sissoko or winks?? no brainer

I’m fine with Sissoko playing against tougher opposition and I know Mourinho is concerned with Lo Celso‘s fitness, but against lesser competition we have to get Lo Celso, Vinicius, or even Lamela at number 10 in there instead of Sissoko.

We just haven’t created enough against Burnley, Brighton, and West Brom.

I’m fine with Sissoko playing against tougher opposition and I know Mourinho is concerned with Lo Celso‘s fitness, but against lesser competition we have to get Lo Celso, Vinicius, or even Lamela at number 10 in there instead of Sissoko.

We just haven’t created enough against Burnley, Brighton, and West Brom.

Why?

I am asking, honestly what about Sissoko and his game would make you want him to play against tougher opposition?

And when you say tougher do you mean physically tougher or tougher to beat?

He is poor defensively, not strong, weak in the air and poor at reading the game so I don't see how he helps against either type of team.

Against better teams he really is a liability because he is so weak against the press so really hurts us as PEH is at best ok, likely not even that, against the press so we end up having to just kick the ball away when either are in possession or rely on Ndomeble/Lo Celso coming back so deep and advancing the ball on their own.

i really don't see any argument for Sissoko playing against any team other than maybe Europa League because the opposition is so weak and he can't hurt us there, but that isn't really much of a reason to play someone.

Back
Top Bottom