Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our squad on paper is probably the 2/3 best in the league. I have criticised Levy in the past particularly during Redknapp and Poch’s tenure for leaving holes and not addressing issues but hard to rib him for the last window, probably the best since he has run the club.

I mean we have Carlos, Kane, Son, Lucas, Bergwijn, Bale fighting for 3 attacking spots. Only areas we might look at are CB and maybe an extra DM. Most managers would kill for squad depth like we have now. After Levy’s window I thought this is proper backing, Mourinho has no excuse not to deliver minimum top 4 and arguably some form of title challenge.
Carlos and Bale not fit
Lucas and Bergwijn not good enough
Kane and Son knackered

That’s just the attack!!

Loads more to do yet

You´re someone "who is well and truly in the middle" between Jose supporters and Jose haters, I´m someone who is a well and truly "Jose supporter" - but the fact is that I wouldn´t add a single word to your post.

You can like Jose and you can dislike him. This was never the point. However:

- He is the manager;
- He´s just been here for a year;
- Our football right now - everything about it: results, style; positives and negatives - need to be understood in the context of a work in progress;
- The time to properly judge the progress we are making (or not) will come when the season is finished - and not after every bad or disappointing result we get;
- This season will keep bringing crazy results. All big teams will lose points and form. We are definitely not alone - Liverpool lost 4 points in three days (against Newcastle and West Brom!), Chelsea lost to Woolwich, etc;
- Another thing to put into context: Klopp worked hard (and collected bad results and mixed performances) for four years before winning his first title with Liverpool.

By the way, I wish everyone a happy new year. A nice reminder: Spurs are very well positioned to win a title - the first trophy in 13 years - in 2021.

COYS
Top post 👍

I'm NOT talking about Spurs fans, I'm talking about Jose fans. They are absolutely everywhere, just as that Tweet confirms. They couldn't give two fucks about Spurs but if you say anything negative about their god they pile on like some cultist tribe.

If you're a Spurs supporter your opinion, be they negative or positive, is rooted with the view that you want what you feel is good for the Club.
You can be both surely?

I would be much more interested in seeing the possession stats for certain parts of the game.

For example the possession stats in the Liverpool game overall may look good but looking at the first ~30 minutes we were at roughly 20% which is pathetic and why we looked like a Non-League club playing a PL club in the FA Cup for the majority of the first half. If we even out the possession stats that doesn't change the fact that we came out so negatively to start we were lucky not to be down 3-0.

Against Palace we were good in possession at 0-0 and 1-1 but at 1-0 when we struggled and were under pressure Palace had at least 60% possession so if the overall stats show that we had good possession the key part is when we were getting dominated waiting for them to score the possession stats looked much different.

And if we are crying about fatigue that is mainly on Jose. He chose to needlessly over play Kane and Son. He chose not to bring in quality MF so that we rely so much on PEH, Ndombele, Lo Celso.
The club spent 120 mill on players last season, all under poch's methology would take at least two years to bed in, ndombele after 15 months is still struggling, can't play in a midfield two, thus sissoko is in to hold his hand, le celso is hampered by injury, and sess on loan.

Even if we played a three with le celso and ndombele, our midfield would be like a sieve, compelled with the fact we do not have enough quality, to bring of the bench, to see out a game or for simple rotation.

Players who can find the nucleus of our team:

Hugo, Toby[short term], Reggie, PEH, Son and Kane, can you see the problem, remove Son and Kane and we are left with 6 outfield players that either need to be upgraded, patience to get acclimatized to the league or handled delicately otherwise they will break down, ala ndombele and le celso.
Jose tried le celso last season in a two, but has recognised le celso is better up the pitch

The club spent 120 mill on players last season, all under poch's methology would take at least two years to bed in, ndombele after 15 months is still struggling, can't play in a midfield two, thus sissoko is in to hold his hand, le celso is hampered by injury, and sess on loan.

Even if we played a three with le celso and ndombele, our midfield would be like a sieve, compelled with the fact we do not have enough quality, to bring of the bench, to see out a game or for simple rotation.

Hugo, Toby[short term], Reggie, PEH, Son and Kane, can you see the problem, remove Son and Kane and we are left with 6 outfield players that either need to be upgraded, patience to get acclimatized to the league or handled delicately otherwise they will break down, ala ndombele and le celso.
Jose tried le celso last season in a two, but has recognised le celso is better up the pitch
Lo Celso

Lo Celso is a better defensive player than Sissoko so no our midfield would not be a sieve. Plus the fact that we would actually have the ball once or twice and threaten teams would mean we would spend much less of the game under siege.

You can be both surely?
The people I'm talking about are not. As per the Twitter account posted, he states he doesn't support Spurs or Chavs, only Jose. His entire account his dedicated to Jose, anyone that says anything perceived negative about Jose he goes on the attack. Whilst defending his god, he slates previous Spurs managers in the process. He's not alone, since the day Jose became our manager there are thousands of these weirdo's, slagging off Spurs fans, slagging off Spurs, slagging off Spurs players, slagging off previous Spurs managers.

As I said, they can simply fuck off. They are toxic wankers.

You´re someone "who is well and truly in the middle" between Jose supporters and Jose haters, I´m someone who is a well and truly "Jose supporter" - but the fact is that I wouldn´t add a single word to your post.

- He is the manager;
- Our football right now - everything about it: results, style; positives and negatives - need to be understood in the context of a work in progress;
- The time to properly judge the progress we are making (or not) will come when the season is finished - and not after every bad or disappointing result we get;
- This season will keep bringing crazy results. All big teams will lose points and form. We are definitely not alone - Liverpool lost 4 points in three days (against Newcastle and West Brom!), Chelsea lost to Woolwich, etc;
- Another thing to put into context: Klopp worked hard (and collected bad results and mixed performances) for four years before winning his first title with Liverpool.

By the way, I wish everyone a happy new year. A nice reminder: Spurs are very well positioned to win a title - the first trophy in 13 years - in 2021.

COYS
Really good post

Bale 600k/week for 2 matchs :sonpoint:, I will never troll again Woolwich for ozil who farm Fortnite during 2 years

The people I'm talking about are not. As per the Twitter account posted, he states he doesn't support Spurs or Chavs, only Jose. His entire account his dedicated to Jose, anyone that says anything perceived negative about Jose he goes on the attack. Whilst defending his god, he slates previous Spurs managers in the process. He's not alone, since the day Jose became our manager there are thousands of these weirdo's, slagging off Spurs fans, slagging off Spurs, slagging off Spurs players, slagging off previous Spurs managers.

As I said, they can simply fuck off. They are toxic wankers.
But similarly you could say that since the day Jose was appointed thousands of similar weirdos were slagging him off
So also toxic wankers surely?
Can’t have it both ways mate

I think we missed out on 3 points.

But we didn't drop them. We dropped 1 point.

Hopefully we can stop doing so.
Aye, I should say it like that. But when you think about the fact we really needed 3 points in that Leicester game and ended up with nothing, you can’t help but feel we dropped a major clanger there.

But similarly you could say that since the day Jose was appointed thousands of similar weirdos were slagging him off
So also toxic wankers surely?
Can’t have it both ways mate
I want what I think is best for SPURS. All my comments are centred around Spurs, because I'm a supporter of the Club. I completly disagree with anyone that thinks Jose is good for Spurs, but that's it, I disagree with the opinion. I don't call you out personally, attack you personally because you or anyone else holds this opinion, I disagree with it but respect you as a Spurs fan because, like me you want what you see is good for the club.

It's entirely different because these cunts openly don't support Spurs, never have done and currently not doing so. So, no. It's not having it both ways, they are entirely different.

What do you think to that Ciro Ciro ???

Lo Celso is a better defensive player than Sissoko so no our midfield would not be a sieve. Plus the fact that we would actually have the ball once or twice and threaten teams would mean we would spend much less of the game under siege.
PSG played him as a defensive midfielder and I think he is great at tackling. He is low to the ground and can track back to pinch the ball and transition.

Sissoko is just there to wind up bus conductor which is also integral to our team.

- He is the manager;

COYS
I agree with some of what you say, however Jose is about instant results , he has to be as he is likely gone in 12 -18 months, possibly less , unlikely longer. Therefore the work in progress is not and never has been his style.. If for some reason you believe he loves Spurs more than any other club, or has suddenly become a 5 year project manager, please explain why you think that.
As I said I agree with some of what you say, but Jose does not do work in progress in my opinion. It’s always been it won’t be pleasurable to watch but I get trophies and I get them quickly

Back
Top Bottom