Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never said he failed mate, just wondering what kids he brought through other than Kane, Dele and Winks?

He did an amazing job with those three and it’s not really his fault that Dele lost interest, other than in my opinion he should have dropped him to show he had to work hard.

Just don’t really see that we can use the kids as “his thing” when 17 academy didn’t make it
Fair point but if they were as good as those 3 you mention then they would have made it so...

Also, out of interest, which manager has done that really well?

Finally, Jose has a poorer record in this respect no? I mean poch (as far as I know) never binned of a Salah or a de bruyne because they weren't good enough and then they went on to become stellar!

Dele needed a bit more management for sure to help him avoid that Instagram lifestyle he seemed to have adopted which definitely affected him.

Ps just read that thing you wrote in the supporters thread about getting on and I reckon you're right: 2020 was basically shit and 2021 is still the same so maybe we all need some support and friendly banter rather than yet more vitriol filled cunt offs...I fully expect you to call me out on it if I seem to be being proper nasty to someone and I'll do likewise...

I’m still keeping my vote in the ‘Yes’ camp but Mou has got to challenge his own thinking more, both on tactics and players. We can’t keep blaming the players for being defensive and unadventurous when it happens game after game. Whether it is mindset or how tactically capable they are in matches, all of that should be coached and improved.

The winning mentality is bollocks for me too. I don’t see progress from Poch. If it wasn’t for the very poor and inconsistent standard of the PL this year, we’d be languishing in mid table with CL qualification already written off. So many points dropped against crap teams and the entertainment has just been minimal of late.

We have the best squad for years with a level of quality backup in our forwards that we’ve never had under ENIC. And still, the football is as dull as under AVB (post-Bale).

Mou has to embrace change. If he can’t, then he truly is a tactical dinosaur and whatever his supposed superior man management qualities, he will continue to fail.

Does anyone think the lack of fans in the stadium is playing a part towards the shite football we are seeing this season? Not just from us but from all the teams?
I think it can hurt teams finding inspiration when they’re down. I do think we could have given the players a kick up the backside against e.g. Fulham.

Does anyone think the lack of fans in the stadium is playing a part towards the shite football we are seeing this season? Not just from us but from all the teams?

We've benefited from lack of fans, in my opinion.

Itd been even worse and even more edgy with them there.

It’s not just us though , all teams are playing shit otherwise how are we still only 6 points from the top? I have backed Jose from the start but not going to lie when I keep seeing the same shit and no lessons learned it does worry me

Its only really Liverpool that are playing shit though.

And even then, I think Liverpools case is more burn out from lack of rotation over 2 and a half years.

Southampton, Everton, Villa, United all over performing. And we've improved by 4 points on last seasons disastrous effort.

City have a game in hand to go on 35 points after 17 games.. The exact same total they had at this stage last season..

Here's a top 8 comparison :

1. Man Utd - 36 (11 points better off)
2. Liverpool - 33 (16 points worse off)
3. Man City - 32 (same points)
4. Leicester - 32 (7 points worse off)
5. Everton - 32 (14 points better off)
6. Tottenham - 30 (4 points better off)
7. Southampton - 29 (14 points better off)
8. Aston Villa - 26 (11 points better off)

Last edited:
It’s a good question from Fattynomates Fattynomates and I clearly think there’s been an impact on all teams. I honestly don’t think United would have lost 6-1 at home to us with fans I the ground. I think it makes it easier for away teams as there is less intensity, noise and pressure from home fans. But, on thrr we flip side, it may also mean that, when you’re being shit at home, you get let off in terms of criticism and abuse from the stands.

Hassenhuttl
Problem with hassenhuttl is it’s another unknown for the players. I can’t see kane sticking around for another unproven manager that will expect him to press like Ings does. Especially one that doesn’t have any British title winning pedigr

Im not saying he’s a bad choice over all, but we should expect some of our stars to want to leave if we sack Jose and don’t bring in an A list manager.

Maybe that’s what needs to happen though, I’m getting tired of Jose I must admit.

We have a brilliant squad attacking wise that should be creating chances for fun, can only blame him for our lack of attacking intent at this point. . .

Problem with hassenhuttl is it’s another unknown for the players. I can’t see kane sticking around for another unproven manager that will expect him to press like Ings does. Especially one that doesn’t have any British title winning pedigr

Im not saying he’s a bad choice over all, but we should expect some of our stars to want to leave if we sack Jose and don’t bring in an A list manager.

Maybe that’s what needs to happen though, I’m getting tired of Jose I must admit.

We have a brilliant squad attacking wise that should be creating chances for fun, can only blame him for our lack of attacking intent at this point. . .

What A List manager would you go for who would actually come to Tottenham?

Bare in mind I don't truly believe Nagelsmann is A List until he's actually won something. And Tuchel for me is unknown quantity with his attitude.

Nagelsmann is good but RB Leipzig board is wonderfull , i doubt our club could give him the same quality.
Tuchel did well with PSG , just his relation with Leonardo was Toxic.

Its only really Liverpool that are playing shit though.

And even then, I think Liverpools case is more burn out from lack of rotation over 2 and a half years.

Southampton, Everton, Villa, United all over performing. And we've improved by 4 points on last seasons disastrous effort.

City have a game in hand to go on 35 points after 17 games.. The exact same total they had at this stage last season..

Here's a top 8 comparison :

1. Man Utd - 36 (11 points better off)
2. Liverpool - 33 (16 points worse off)
3. Man City - 32 (same points)
4. Leicester - 32 (7 points worse off)
5. Everton - 32 (14 points better off)
6. Tottenham - 30 (4 points better off)
7. Southampton - 29 (14 points better off)
8. Aston Villa - 26 (11 points better off)

Yeah it’s interesting that since Mourinho took over points won put us 4th just in front of Southampton. So Southampton are doing very well.

But we are outperforming Chelsea, Leicester, woolwich, wolves and Everton. Arguably teams competing for that 4th spot.

Question is can City and Liverpool recapture form and pull away from us - signs are city could. Utd are probably slightly under performing- but consistent. I would put those top 3 at the end of the season.

I am starting to think so. There’s no way we would sit back as much with the fans in the stadium urging the players up the pitch. That’s if the fans can be bothered to get behind the team and not just moan of course.

What A List manager would you go for who would actually come to Tottenham?

Bare in mind I don't truly believe Nagelsmann is A List until he's actually won something. And Tuchel for me is unknown quantity with his attitude.
The short answer is there isn’t one, maybe anchelotti was the play but we missed that chance obviously.

Back
Top Bottom