Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which is why he threw Vorm into the Norwich tie, ultimately costing us
Yeah, Vorm's the root of all our problems this season - which has literally had to be bailed out by the fucking PLAGUE!

Mourinho's squad, pre-trained, adequate depth - he will attack ALL the cups.

None of this "domestics aren't important bollocks".

History shows this.

Yeah, Vorm's the root of all our problems this season - which has literally had to be bailed out by the fucking PLAGUE!

Mourinho's squad, pre-trained, adequate depth - he will attack ALL the cups.

None of this "domestics aren't important bollocks".

History shows this.
So you say.

We went out of the FA cup on the back of a goalkeeper who hadn't played in 18 months and was unemployed for a period of that time because we didn't want him.

Isn't the idea to pick your strongest team for competitions you want to win?

"Mourinho was brilliant with me. He spoke to me every single day at breakfast and asked about the kids. He did a few meetings with the kids when they were going to Portugal [in the UEFA Youth League] and telling them what to expect and so on."

I'll be honest Jose is short term , he's never going to bond with fans like Poch but maybe he'll bring an elite mentality to this club , something which can only make us better going forward.

So you say.

We went out of the FA cup on the back of a goalkeeper who hadn't played in 18 months and was unemployed for a period of that time because we didn't want him.

Isn't the idea to pick your strongest team for competitions you want to win?
Gazza isn't Jennings, mate.

Wind it in.

Never realistically considered Mourinho would ever agree to join us and so did not have a view until he was appointed. I never considered he produced boring teams like George Graham did and his record at different teams is clearly good. The biggest problem with him was how he fell out with players that always led to him leaving. However I think that is what happened to Poch. I am still cautiously optimistic he can bring us success and think changing direction so soon could work out worse. He retains my support but I am far from convinced.
Plus irrespective of Mourinho himself the relationship with Levy will be telling we know he had a good one with Poch up until the end possibly still does they both only know how it ended on personal terms, Mourinho saying one thing in the press Levy another doesn’t bode well.

Get those excuses in nice and early.....

Its a fair point though , the only blessing will be if the season does start again in the next few months Kane and the rest of those coming back from injuries wont be the only ones who aren't match fit. Still surely its a Moot point as there is no way we should continue this season, just scrap it and start getting ready for when its safe to play again.

I mean, he's right. But not a single professional footballer in this country is ready to kick off a competitive game today. None of them are match fit.
Well... there’s an argument to be made that as they all have been disadvantaged by this, they are operating at a similar level anyway. probably still have a better of fitness than players in 1992-93 (when football began)

Its a fair point though , the only blessing will be if the season does start again in the next few months Kane and the rest of those coming back from injuries wont be the only ones who aren't match fit. Still surely its a Moot point as there is no way we should continue this season, just scrap it and start getting ready for when its safe to play again.
I agree 100% about restarting the league, no way should it be played.

But this is the same for every team, it would be just nice to have this prick look forward to something with something resembling positivity. If he wants the league to start then look forward to it, embrace it. Every interview he has an excuse, a reason why the other team has the advantage and we are disadvantaged. Every interview he has something to complain about, he is the most negative Manager I've ever encountered, I fucking hate it!

Back
Top Bottom