Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there still 30% of the fan base that dont accept him as our manager or are people just not arsed about changing the votes?
Some people are incredibly beligerant.

Some idiot on facebook the other day said the only reason we have suddenly started looking good is because "he started using Poch's tactics"

Ignoring the fact Poch didn't use Poch's tactics for fucking ages.

Let's get on the same page here, as I think we're close.
I didn't say anything about his intentions. I don't know what he wants when he takes a job. He may have taken every single one with the intention of it being a "forever job"
But in every case, every job maybe other than Porto, it has ended badly. Falling out with players, chairman, super sexy hot physio's, it always ends up in tears. He's a brutal character who will rub people up the wrong way eventually. If he were to fall foul of Levy he'd be out. If he were to fall foul of Kane and/or Son and say he wanted them gone, would Levy back him? Nope. It's easier to replace coaches than once in a generation talent. That's the world we live in.

I'll call this one and hang my hat on it - there will never be another Fergie/Wenger type. Anywhere in top level football.
Fair enough. I am saying that all the elements that led him to clash with the hierarchy or bad eggs in the dressing room aren’t present here. Hopefully only going to go up from here.

Some people are incredibly beligerant.

Some idiot on facebook the other day said the only reason we have suddenly started looking good is because "he started using Poch's tactics"

Ignoring the fact Poch didn't use Poch's tactics for fucking ages.
I was a big fan of Poch and have been critical of Mourinho until very recently but that sort of blinkered one eyed crap does my head in. Why do people dig themselves into such entrenched positions with their viewpoints? You see it in politics now as well. Something appears to have clicked with this side since Southampton. No idea what, more attacking play, confidence, the feel good factor from signing Bale and Requilon, tactics but long may it continue. If Mourinho got criticism for our January to August performances (imo deserved) then he deserves credit for the turnaround.

I was a big fan of Poch and have been critical of Mourinho until very recently but that sort of blinkered one eyed crap does my head in. Why do people dig themselves into such entrenched positions with their viewpoints? You see it in politics now as well. Something appears to have clicked with this side since Southampton. No idea what, more attacking play, confidence, the feel good factor from signing Bale and Requilon, tactics but long may it continue. If Mourinho got criticism for our January to August performances (imo deserved) then he deserves credit for the turnaround.

If a Tory cured C19, the cold, Cancer, solved world peace and fed the poor, a lavour voter would be completely oblivoious. If that Tory even looked at an NHS hospital, the rage would be as swift as it was furious and unsubstantiated.

70% TFC approval rating

tenor.gif

The way I see it, whether José is a short termer or a long termer...he is a winner and I will give him my 100% support while he’s here and hopefully he will feel the love and support to go on and win us some silverware!

There’s no way he was happy while he was at United. Former players speaking publicly disagreeing with his appointment, half the fans disagreeing with his appointment, the fans thought they deserved better than 2nd place, or the “Tin Pot” Silverware that they won, board refusing to back him, fans criticizing his teams he play, media criticizing him to hell and back, board backing player power. All of the above led to the breakdown in his tenure there.

so, let’s not give him those unnecessary pressures so that he can guide us to some silverware.

i’m not too worried about whether he’s going to stay long term. I’m excited about what we could be achieving the next couple of years.

Agreed, I am guilty of not being a fan of Jose, but I will convert if the signs continue to show he has adapted, as he claimed he did. I am happy to learn and change a viewpoint, especially around something so fluid like Football.

I will give it time, I am not going to take the Man U performance as the proof in the pudding, but it was a nice revelation and would love to see it replicated against the rest of the league on a weekly basis.

Abortion on the other hand? I am staunch as fuck on that belief.

I just don't understand why some people find it so difficult in life to simply put their hands up in the air and say "Sorry I was wrong". Not just with Jose but on lots of other threads in here. We all have strong views and opinions about this club and the people in it, but when one of them is clearly proven to be misguided or incorrect then a little humility earns a lot more respect from others than stubbornly trying to stick to your guns.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is thinking that winning some major trophies with Spurs would be the biggest achievement of his career, so he may stay until it will happen

Would be a decent shout. I'm not sure Inter and Porto were in such a trophy drought as we have been. We have a talented squad but key games we should have won, we didn't. Over and over again. The same even happen under Jose last season when we had a chance to go top 4 and choked.

I just don't understand why some people find it so difficult in life to simply put their hands up in the air and say "Sorry I was wrong". Not just with Jose but on lots of other threads in here. We all have strong views and opinions about this club and the people in it, but when one of them is clearly proven to be misguided or incorrect then a little humility earns a lot more respect from others than stubbornly trying to stick to your guns.
In a way, it's the human condition. We can easily and unconsciously identify ourselves with our opinions. Losing an opinion or an argument to our ego feels like death. I think this is the deepest root of any cunt off, here, on FB or in the real world

I agree. I was a massive fan of Poch. Still am.
But I've grown to love Jose too 💘
The way he speaks. The way he acts...He genuinely seems to appreciate the fact he's managing a far classier and more illustrious club than the chavs will ever be.
Entrenched positions and viewpoints are something we'd all do well to avoid.

In a way, it's the human condition. We can easily and unconsciously identify ourselves with our opinions. Losing an opinion or an argument to our ego feels like death. I think this is the deepest root of any cunt off, here, on FB or in the real world
Nailed it. Somehow being wrong and apologising these days is seen as an admission of failure and therefore weakness.

Back
Top Bottom