Judas is on Twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson.gif

That is Comedy Gold from Sir Judas, high up in his castle in the air Alps.
Every sentence, no, every phrase is a gem. The interview contains everything that's wrong with him, crammed into less than 3 minutes. Well done, GBN.

"Y'know, there's a lotta people unpopular that have Sirs, OBE's, MBE's..." (ermmmm, nobody mentioned 'unpopular', Sol. By the way, they're called 'Knighthoods')
"If you look at what I've done and what I've gone thruuu..." Self-inflicted, mate - self-inflicted.
"I'm up wiv some o'tha sportin' greats of our country." Yes Sol. of course you are. Now drink your Horlicks.
"I don't know why I get overlooked on these kind of occasions." ...ermmmmm....
"Ten years ago I won the FA Cup with Portsmouth." That seals it - Arise Sir Judas!
"I've been a ICON for this country..." ...okaaaaayyyy....

Actually, on reflection, he's convinced me. I'm going to recommend that he's not only awarded all the things he's asked for, but that he's made King of The Sirs and a Lord to boot.
Arise Lord Judas of Self-Interest, OBE., MBE., CBE., Baaaah, King of The Sirs. Can't wait to hear his maiden speech in the Second Chamber, which hopefully will be on the important subject of Sol Campbell.

UyA4Nfp.png

Give that man a Sir.
A Sir or a Slur?

I always find there to be a weird tone to these things.

On one hand, there is more to life than football, it's not life and death and should be kept in perspective. Duly noted.

But there is always a tone with Campbell where he wants Tottenham supporters to forgive him and let it go AS FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS, within the context of football.

And on that basis? Fuck no dude, as a footballer you are an unforgivable monster who richly deserves to be treated as a pariah by Spurs supporters for all time.

I always thought that eventually he would just learn to ignore the hate he gets but there is something very satisfying about reading that article and seeing that the abuse he gets really does still effect him.

Never would I wish that upon anyone, except him. The twat.

I always find there to be a weird tone to these things.

On one hand, there is more to life than football, it's not life and death and should be kept in perspective. Duly noted.

But there is always a tone with Campbell where he wants Tottenham supporters to forgive him and let it go AS FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS, within the context of football.

And on that basis? Fuck no dude, as a footballer you are an unforgivable monster who richly deserves to be treated as a pariah by Spurs supporters for all time.

Did he ever apologise to the fans and the club?

It has obviously effected him greatly that one act of betrayal has become his legacy, he is remembered more for that than anything he did in football. He is known more for his disloyalty as a human than anything he achieved in the game .

This article reveals the main reason why Judas did what he did.

Campbell recalls two visits also attended by his representative and Wenger, and a further three where he and Dein walked alone out from the terrace and talked not necessarily about football, but life. It was about stoking trust. The player needed reassurance. It is no surprise that he has since spoken of Dein making him “feel protected”.

"Come to us and you will be part of our family.”

That's literally it. Apparently all you had to do to get him to sign was to talk about life. And also probably tell him how brilliant he is for hours on end.

Back
Top Bottom