Kane Is Going Nowhere This Summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When great defenders meet great strikers, these things happen in tournament football. Kane was just schooled last night by grant Hanley.. Like when Juergen Koehler shut down van basten or baresi on Romario.

If Kane is talking about going abroad, it may mean he does not believe a transfer in this country will happen. Perhaps his Agent has been in contact with MC etc and been told no deal likely.
As always we never know.

#consistantly gets over 40 goals. has pace and is a deadlier finisher. ive not seen kane do what lewandowski did to madrid those years back

How far back you taking?

I remember Kane destroying Chavski, Arse, Leicester and others.

Kane's a better all-round footballer and would easily match RLs numbers in that BM team.

I'm not disputing RL is an elite striker, but point remains; his is a ghost for Poland come tournament time (and some big games for BM too fwiw) yet he never gets rinsed like Harry.....

How far back you taking?

I remember Kane destroying Chavski, Arse, Leicester and others.

Kane's a better all-round footballer and would easily match RLs numbers in that BM team.

I'm not disputing RL is an elite striker, but point remains; his is a ghost for Poland come tournament time (and some big games for BM too fwiw) yet he never gets rinsed like Harry.....

i like kane but ive never seen him do that

#consistantly gets over 40 goals. has pace and is a deadlier finisher. ive not seen kane do what lewandowski did to madrid those years back

Also plays for a much better side than Spurs, with genuine world class players all around him. He also plays in a league where defending is an after-thought, one in which someone like Iheanacho would score 30+ a season playing in that Bayern side.

There's no debate that Lewandowski is world-class. But there can be a debate about his club record when his goals have come in the Polish and German leagues.

Agree but look at the chances lewandowski gets in the first video. We’d be lucky if spurs could get the ball passed midfield 5 times in 10 minutes.
kane should be in his prime years now. its his pace which lets him down, like last night cant even get past hanley reliant on crosses in but what disturbed me more was how slow he was to get in those areas yesterday. has he had a shot on target yet.

i like kane but ive never seen him do that

We've seen Harry score 4.... We've seen sexy goals....

Can Lewandowski assist like a top class CAM? ....4 in a game? Most assists in his league? ...All whilst being out for a chunk of the season? ..... in a poorly performing side?

kane should be in his prime years now. its his pace which lets him down, like last night cant even get past hanley reliant on crosses in but what disturbed me more was how slow he was to get in those areas yesterday. has he had a shot on target yet.
His pace may be at the same level of Adebayor at Poch era. I don't even want to say he is now as slow as Crouch...

There was one example last night that shocked me when he didn’t even try and match Hanley for pace

Well clearly it’s Tottenham’s fault for not flogging him early to appease Foden, Stirling and Shiek whatever his face is.

Or maybe he’s a little confused and it is a case that we all need to collectively say “Poor Harry” and nurse his ego back to health. I have to concede that it’s ridiculous that he’s only getting £250k a week + to play for the club he claims to support. That’s not good enough by any stretch to be England Captain.

I can certainly understand how being a virtual orange suit wearing modern day Terry Waite would be killing his soul as well as our national team’s chances against the might of Scotland.

On reflection I hope Levy does the right thing and gives him a testimonial and a free transfer. Poor fella, has as much reason to be upset as Megan Merkel.

He’s a bloody great player surrounded by over hyped dross at both club level and international level. And he is not depressed. It’s just the plodding jokes around him in no way have done him a favour tonight.

I hope we flog him for £120 odd million to FC Bayern and see him rip up that league for the next 5 years.

Have the british sports press whine with despair.

One thing I think Lewandowski is certainly better at than Kane is his game in and around the penalty spot. He's lighter on his feet, movement is sharper, better to position himself for incoming crosses/cutbacks, more alert to rebounds and loose balls

Kane would likely match most of Lewa's goal tally's in that Bayern side (average of 30 the last 5 years) but I couldn't see him matching the 41 of this last season, he's just not quite as sharp a poacher.

Back
Top Bottom