Kane Is Going Nowhere This Summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn’t bear to listen to the after match shite. Anyone worth their salt would say England were crap and that Southgate doesn’t have a clue. At least when Grealish came on we looked a bit better but he’ll probably be back on the bench against the Czechs. Harry looked hopeless
I did enjoy Grealish passing it to the players warming up

:sonlol:

Grealish over Foden any day. However can’t stand the sight of Sterling- overrated self-serving glory hunter who by all accounts has had a poor season for City

You see in my book you play what you see.

Kane off absolutely because he was offering very little. Foden off made no sense on the night. It should not have been about Foden or Grealish im this instance.

Just as there will be no movement from him this summer.

Clearly he wants to go and it might be time to cash in in view of his age, suspect ankles and the need to get funds to do a proper rebuild. I might feel differently tomorrow as he has been so good for Spurs but these last 2 performances have been truly worrying

I did enjoy Grealish passing it to the players warming up

:sonlol:

He was perhaps trying a bit too hard but at least he was trying to make things happen. If he had been on from the start things would probably have been different. Stupid of Southgate to play 2 holding midfielders against world beaters Scotland

You see in my book you play what you see.

Kane off absolutely because he was offering very little. Foden off made no sense on the night. It should not have been about Foden or Grealish im this instance.
I think Sterling should have been hooked for Sancho. And we should probably have sacrificed Rice for Grealish and left Foden on

He was perhaps trying a bit too hard but at least he was trying to make things happen. If he had been on from the start things would probably have been different. Stupid of Southgate to play 2 holding midfielders against world beaters Scotland
As a petty Irishman you'll have to excuse me enjoying that moment 🤭

joey eat GIF

Playing really poor. What is up with him ?
Didn't play great but the service into him was non existent. Mount can't beat the first man at corners, how Sterling stayed on when all he does is run down blind alleys. Foden looked lively on occasions but got subbed off.
Hoped Grealish would pick things up but didn't see him and Kane for long enough. Rashford didn't do anything either in his time on the pitch.
England kept the ball well at times but were far too slow getting forward and allowed Scotland to get behind the ball and make it difficult.

Kane doesn't win games on his own, he's not Messi or Ronaldo.

Most top strikers aren't. They need service to deliver and he had none.

Still played shit mind but it's a very simplistic analysis.

England failed to win because they played Rice and Phillips together for 90 mins and took Foden off. Southgate is a fraud.

It's funny..... I've NEVER seen Lewandowski - The bestest 9 in the world (tm) get slaughtered like this even though he's regularly a ghost whenever I've seen him for Poland...... Why isn't he dragging his team to victory? :roll:

Last edited:
Grealish over Foden any day. However can’t stand the sight of Sterling- overrated self-serving glory hunter who by all accounts has had a poor season for City

Stelring is everything that Sonny gets slaughetered for but without the shooting boots.

Look on the bright side, he keeps playing like that nobody will want him.He's had plenty of games like that for us BTW. 2-3 touches in the opposition box per half. It's not unusual but it's under greater spotlight when playing for England.

For us he'll always be able to score and assist and then his quieter games are easily forgotten. Harder to do when the entire country is watching you as opposed to just Spurs fans.

Stelring is everything that Sonny gets slaughetered for but without the shooting boots.

Thought Sterling was bang average on Sunday to be honest. I know he scored but he lost the ball so many times in promising positions. Seems to be the pundit’s pet for some reason. Was shit today for sure

No reason why he should be. He holds onto the ball far too long much of the time without actually doing anything with it. Sancho/Grealish should defo be considered in his place.
Would have preferred Sancho over Sterling and also over Rashford. Sterling starts some good runs then doesn't release it in time. Not sure if he doesn't know what to do or thinks he is going to keep going all the way.
Kane was doing what he often does for Spurs in dropping out of the box to try and get involved but then he's not in the box when he's needed.

Back
Top Bottom