Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you not watch Trippier for us or something? Pace vs Trippier = Trippier's arse sore for a week.
I watched him and of course he had some very bad games bit is no way a bad player.
You are also trying to say son rips every fb a new arsehole not tge case at all he is either on fire or having a mare
The fact that a better club with a better manager has bought this shit fb shows that the probability is you are completely wrong in your thinking

I watched him and of course he had some very bad games bit is no way a bad player.
You are also trying to say son rips every fb a new arsehole not tge case at all he is either on fire or having a mare
The fact that a better club with a better manager has bought this shit fb shows that the probability is you are completely wrong in your thinking
No I am saying the likes of Son, Sterling, Salah etc destroy fullbacks who have no speed . I would love to have Son face Trippier as the fullback against him and so would any wide player with pace.

Also plenty of good managers and teams have bought plenty of bad players and gotten rid of them sooner or later.

No I am saying the likes of Son, Sterling, Salah etc destroy fullbacks who have no speed . I would love to have Son face Trippier as the fullback against him and so would any wide player with pace.

Also plenty of good managers and teams have bought plenty of bad players and gotten rid of them sooner or later.
He will completely prove you wrong. He will win stuff there and do well. You named 2 players that destroy nearly every fb whether they have pace or not. There were players that made more mistakes and played worse than trippier last season but if you want to continue to think he is this shit player go for it

No, but he did allude that things weren't particularly rosy at Spurs and was labelled a bitter cunt etc.

Then Rose said pretty much the same too earlier in the media (yet again), something smells funny at Tottenham IMO and it's not the fucking cheese room.

Also, despite his constant shite with the media, Rose somehow is a great bunch of lads, while Trippier (of course) got labelled otherwise.

Last edited:
Trippiers enjoying his season.

Are Spurs?

3 of our 4 results have been very good Sammy.

Even Barcelona have gotten off to a rough start in their league, losing points against Bilbao and Osasuna only 3 games in, it happens, its football and it's a big reason why we love the sport.

The Newcastle result was poor but we started the game with no 1st or 2nd choice RB in Aurier and Foyth, ended the game with. No 3rd choice RB with KWP going off, had none of our summer signings fit enough to start with Sessegnon, Ndombele and Lo Celso deemed unfit to start, no Dele, no Eriksen and no Jan. It was a poor result but most of our starting XI positionally, apart from GK and FWD consisted of 2nd string options thrown in. It resembled closer to a Carabao Cup team so a little bit of understanding when it comes to it is required I feel mate.

The results away to Man City and Woolwich speak for themselves. Both were points gained in my eyes regardless of who drew first blood etc and as for Aston Villa, they spent €174m in the summer which is a bigger outlay than Borussia Dortmund, Man U, Woolwich, Bayern Munich, Tottenham and PSG this summer and only €3m less than Man City.

We've looked rusty and for me our biggest concern is defensively. Stop shipping early goals, especially at home and the game will open up. Is a lack of a genuine DM the issue? Maybe it is but then again it could be our flimsy FB areas or it could be the reckless play from Davinson that we have seen in each of the last couple of games that's doing us no favours.

One slip up on paper so far and two results gained that were better than we all expected. It's not as bad as it seems.

Last edited:
Yet Rose tried to leave on deadline day, Eriksen and Jan seem to have commitement issues and have been dropped, Toby still hasnt signed, our game is poor and the manager is unhappy.

Rose has been eyeing a pay day since Walker left and alas nobody has given him one even when he was given the chance to speak to new clubs this summer and the summer before.

Eriksen has always stated that his career goal would be to play in Spain ideally at this time of his career or at least it was written if him wanting to do so early on in his career. If he has it in his head that he wants to leave what more can we do mate?

Jan has openly said he wants to stay and commit to the club. It's a weird one as fitness issues seem to be the reason but we all know that occasionally the reasons why that are given are different to the actual reasons why. It'll be interesting to see if he begins to start games.

Toby still hasn't signed but there was rumours of a fall out when his agent moved the goalposts. Had a £25m release clause this summer yet nobody bit on him. Are his demands too high and blinkers still on perhaps? He'd have been excellent for a team like Man U or even Real Madrid or Bayern Munich but he's still here even after it was out of our hands.

Most teams have issues like this. The team Trippier is performing so well at this summer alone lost Griezmann, Rodri, Lucas Hernandez, Godin etc players come and go it happens. Each to their own mate but I'm reasonable content with our return under the circumstances. Should we have more points? Yes we should. Could be sitting on 0,1 or 2 points right now based on how each game has gone? Yeah realistically we could be. I'm happy to wait until we don't have huge chunks of our team missing before I dissect it any more than I'm willing to at the moment, the season is still so young pal.

3 of our 4 results have been very good Sammy.

Even Barcelona have gotten off to a rough start in their league, losing points against Bilbao and Osasuna only 3 games in, it happens, its football and it's a big reason why we love the sport.

The Newcastle result was poor but we started the game with no 1st or 2nd choice RB in Aurier and Foyth, ended the game with. No 3rd choice RB with KWP going off, had none of our summer signings fit enough to start with Sessegnon, Ndombele and Lo Celso deemed unfit to start, no Dele, no Eriksen and no Jan. It was a poor result but most of our starting XI positionally, apart from GK and FWD consisted of 2nd string options thrown in. It resembled closer to a Carabao Cup team so a little bit of understanding when it comes to it is required I feel mate.

The results away to Man City and Woolwich speak for themselves. Both were points gained in my eyes regardless of who drew first blood etc and as for Aston Villa, they spent €174m in the summer which is a bigger outlay than Borussia Dortmund, Man U, Woolwich, Bayern Munich, Tottenham and PSG this summer and only €3m less than Man City.

We've looked rusty and for me our biggest concern is defensively. Stop shipping early goals, especially at home and the game will open up. Is a lack of a genuine DM the issue? Maybe it is but then again it could be our flimsy FB areas or it could be the reckless play from Davinson that we have seen in each of the last couple of games that's doing us no favours.

One slip up on paper so far and two results gained that were better than we all expected. It's not as bad as it seems.
I must say to try and find any excuse about that newcastle loss is laughable. That team on that pitch should of been good enough to beat them comfortably.
It isn't about players missing that is the issue its the lack of intensity and aggression that is the issue. They knock the ball about like they have a year to score and that is coming from the manager

Sammy keeps pointing out this isn't about these first 4 games this is going back months and there are major issues tactically and with the intensity

I must say to try and find any excuse about that newcastle loss is laughable. That team on that pitch should of been good enough to beat them comfortably.
It isn't about players missing that is the issue its the lack of intensity and aggression that is the issue. They knock the ball about like they have a year to score and that is coming from the manager

Sammy keeps pointing out this isn't about these first 4 games this is going back months and there are major issues tactically and with the intensity

It's not an excuse, I said the result was poormif you read my comment. What I am saying is to disregard the fact that ensurroundings of the whole game saw us without Aurier, Foyth, Vertonghen, Walker-Peters, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Dier, Wanyama, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele and it being only Sonny's first competitive game since May is short sighted in my opinion.

Yes it was a shit result, no excuses but the above injury/ unavailable list isn't an excuse, it's a fact. 11 out and one making his first start in the PL sine we lost to Bournemouth away last season. Any team with such disjointed areas will suffer. I'm not saying that is why we lost, just to not ignore what effects that could potentially bring.

Sammy does keep pointing out that it isn't about the last 4 games granted but then I keep saying about the only two tables that matter are the one from last season after 38 games and the one this season how things currently stand. 9 of our first team starters made it all the way to the last weekend of the World Cup and had 3 pre-season days with us, another two only had 2-3 weeks pre-season after making it to the knockout rounds. Sonny was the only one not to have his pre-season impacted through the WC and even he suffered because he had to play not just one but two international tournaments mid season for South Korea. Let's go through the issues that surrounded our season last season just so people understand that it was a freak season:

1. Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Dier, Dele, Kane all made it to the last weekend of the WC & had 2-3 days with the group before the PL season began.
  2. Eriksen & Sanchez made it to the knockout rounds thus had an extended break.
  3. Sonny also had a slightly extended break but missed two spells away trying to overcome military service and playing in tournaments for South Korea. Two mid season international tournaments is unheard of.
  4. We had stadium delays that saw us have to play pretty much the whole season in a half filled, irate and miserable Wembley stadium and crowd. Once again no home advantage and the whole club felt flat because of the let down of it.
  5. A new bedding in period at a stadium historically shows erratic form. Many forget that it's still new to us and the players have only been there 7-8 times still wi many fans still to visit it or know their way around their new sit next to folk or the stadium itself. Got to let the fleshy parts of our home become our home.
  6. The first team in PL history not to add/freshen up their squad and the stale feeling/ ridicule that came with. We all know the importance of fresh blood in a group.
  7. A horrific injury list that saw us lose multiple players for 15+ games per season.

I know our form has been shit but last season with the WC and stadium transitions meaning lethargic, burnout feelings all around we need to let it slide and focus on the future. The club is in great nick even after the worst preparation I recall for a team so it can focus solely on its football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom