Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn’t matter...he played well, after being brought back into contention due to his domestic form and attitude this season.

There are 4 RBs, only one can play RB. He was picked, and that’s that.

If he wasn’t picked, no one would play it down, you’d all be saying “see!!!!! Walker is better!!!!!!!”
"It doesn't matter what the Manager said"

:adethumbup:

It doesn’t matter...he played well,
I'm not a Trippier boo boy and feel he was scapegoated at times but do you honestly think he played well. To me saying he was bang average is a complement. The few problems they caused us came down his side of the pitch, the dreadful back pass that put us in trouble and i can't remember him creating anything of note.
I get people being critical of him being sold but using that match as an example of why it was wrong is stretching it to the limit.

"It doesn't matter what the Manager said"

:adethumbup:
Your interpretation doesn’t matter. You think being reintegrated and staying in the international radar is a negative for some reason.

Everything Southgate said was positive. They all have different strengths.....he explained that to walker before he dropped him from the squad.

But I guess that means he prefers him in your head. It wasn’t a friendly so al this “pig farmer” stuff is nonsense.

I remember Trippier playing every game of the last World Cup. At RB.

Don’t see Wan Bissaka as amazing and certainly offers nothing attacking.
Walker is shit, but fast.

Arnold will be England RB but as you say, that’s not because Trippier is shit, simply because Arnold is better and deserves it.
I’ve not seen a defensive fullback talent like WB for years. He doesn’t look that great going forward, but I’d stake an internal organ on him being the best in the world in a year or two.

I'm not a Trippier boo boy and feel he was scapegoated at times but do you honestly think he played well. To me saying he was bang average is a complement. The few problems they caused us came down his side of the pitch, the dreadful back pass that put us in trouble and i can't remember him creating anything of note.
I get people being critical of him being sold but using that match as an example of why it was wrong is stretching it to the limit.

I haven’t used that match....I’ve used the seasons we finished top 4 with him as RB, I’ve used the last World Cup, I’ve used the fact we had “our best season” despite him having his worst due to big injuries, I’ve used his move to a better team under a better manager, I’ve used his pre season in that team, his start to the season at that team, and his recall to the international first team.

People can dismiss all of the above as much as they want. At the end of the day, if Trippier is shit they should be digging out Poch for playing him for 2.5 years and selling Walker - silence

And they should be digging out Poch for leaving us in this situation despite clearly not having Aurier in his plans - silence

Instead, they still slag off Trippier and wish him to fail like he did something wrong to us......all the while stroking off Rose, who is no better at LB and slagged off the club in the papers.

Your interpretation doesn’t matter. You think being reintegrated and staying in the international radar is a negative for some reason.

Everything Southgate said was positive. They all have different strengths.....he explained that to walker before he dropped him from the squad.

But I guess that means he prefers him in your head. It wasn’t a friendly so al this “pig farmer” stuff is nonsense.

I remember Trippier playing every game of the last World Cup. At RB.
I think what Southgate is doing is incredibly positive, I said it's"great management" in my post. What part of that have you translated into a negative? It proves a confirmation bias on your part though which is what it's all about.

Trippier was arguably our best player at the World Cup, I said that at the time, I'm saying it again now. I really don't get what the fuck you are now going on about now. It's up to you if you chose to ignore what the manager says, I do find that odd however given your insistence over having a pop at people for doing the same with Poch's words.

I haven’t used that match....I’ve used the seasons we finished top 4 with him as RB, I’ve used the last World Cup, I’ve used the fact we had “our best season” despite him having his worst due to big injuries, I’ve used his move to a better team under a better manager, I’ve used his pre season in that team, his start to the season at that team, and his recall to the international first team.

People can dismiss all of the above as much as they want. At the end of the day, if Trippier is shit they should be digging out Poch for playing him for 2.5 years and selling Walker - silence

And they should be digging out Poch for leaving us in this situation despite clearly not having Aurier in his plans - silence

Instead, they still slag off Trippier and wish him to fail like he did something wrong to us......all the while stroking off Rose, who is no better at LB and slagged off the club in the papers.
Fair enough, a lot of valid points but you said he played well in that match and i wondered why you thought that. I thought he had a poor game and gave some reasons why.

TWAT....BIG FUCKING NONCEY TWAT

ee0f7cf745aea722029abf420a79f868.png

So what does that mean? You're retracting your assertion that Van Dijk is shit or you're agreeing with me that Maguire isn't all that and that Walker was played centre back out of necessity?

Im not retracting anything. VVD has the grace and talent of a camel....he’s Naybet. Crap on the ball, no pace, can hoof or head it clear when need be but his biggest asset is that he has decent awareness and reading.

Maguire is a good defender, but the defence lacked pace at the World Cup. So Walker was on the pitch because he’s fast, which is what his entire PL career has been based on.

Fair enough, a lot of valid points but you said he played well in that match and i wondered why you thought that. I thought he had a poor game and gave some reasons why.

He did play well.....just that he’s under scrutiny on his return to the team.
Did Rose play better? Does he ever?

Not in my book, but no one seems to care.

Im not retracting anything. VVD has the grace and talent of a camel....he’s Naybet. Crap on the ball, no pace, can hoof or head it clear when need be but his biggest asset is that he has decent awareness and reading.
And unfortunately the best centre-back in the league. And no pace?

pmvandijkv3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not really, he plays in a team that other teams are shit scared to attack due to their counters and has the two best full backs in Europe alongside him.

Put Jan there and Liverpool would be even better.
Unfortunately you were completely wrong about him (how many times haven't you said that he was "shit"?), not that you are gonna admit that and you are still talking about him as if he's just a decent centre-back.. You even compared him to Ron Vlaar. :pochcmon:

Last edited:
Unfortunately you were completely wrong about him, not that you are gonna admit that and you are still talking about him as if he's just a decent centre-back.. You even compared him to Ron Vlaar. :pochcmon:

It’s got nothing to do with admitting anything.

I was wrong about Klopp, and Pep.....happy to admit it.
Fact is, I don’t rate VVD and I think Toby, Jan, Kompany and Laporte all piss on him as footballers.

Why are we still talking about this donkey. He was alright for a bit then he was shit . The only bad thing is that Athletico are not in our CL group. Son vs Trippier would have been hillarious.

Back
Top Bottom