Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like he's coming in for a medical

Why is the internet filled with idiots who spend their time photo shopping players into other teams shirts?

WeLcOmE TO sPUrsS MESI

Spend all that time learning Photoshop just for that shit. The least they could do is something honourable like put a celebs face on a nude model's body.

Total knobbers and rank above ITK but below peddo's.

Christ I had to read twice thinking he married son

They are quite tender with each other

skysports-south-korea-min-jae-kim_5042815.jpg

Very difficult to compare this to Soyuncu, who was a highly regarded player playing in the Bundesliga, to Min-Jae who is 23 and the highest level he’s played at is the CSL, a LITERAL farmers league... completely incomparable really.

Hopefully this is more cutting out the middle man.

Freiburg signed him and took a gamble on a young centre half from a Turkish team no one had ever heard of.

Of course.... The punt-factor being a lack of top flight experience, but even La Liga or BL aren't a guarantees of a smooth transition.
Yes, which is why the price makes sense to an extent, but he has a lot of experience for the national team as well. Has all the physical tools, CBs develop later, seemed like its more than worth £10m, especially with Son on the team to help him accumulate.

Leicester was picking players out of Ligue 2 for a few million and it won them the title. Liverpool bought Robertson for a song. We should be doing 1-2 deals like this every summer.

His dad was the national representative judo athlete
His mum was the national representative track and field athlete.

This alone explains a lot why he will succeed.
with 6'3" height and the judo physique, with the pace of a track athlete.
In time he will be better than Maguire

Asian market makes no sense either. Son is only marketable in South Korea. China, Japan etc couldn't careless for the man. If Tottenham wanted to gain more popularity they would sign a Chinese or Japanese player.
I agree. I wonder when the day will come that an Asian player is signed on merit alone, without the negative stereotype from fans that he is a 'shirt seller'. I thought Sonny (and Park before him) had done enough.

Let's be real though, we're likely interested because he costs half the price of most other players we'd probably like higher up the list.

It would seem so but in all honesty, the logic seems reasonable to me with how things are at present.

"For some, it's more difficult. You follow the rules. For this profile of club, the situation is more complicated.

"I knew what Tottenham is before I signed my contract. I had meetings with different people in the club. I think at that time we were 10-15 points behind the Champions League positions, so there are no surprises for me.

"We need to be realistic. I know where the best players in the world are, if we sit and have a coffee I can give you a shortlist of best players in the world by position.

"The most important thing is to be realistic, analyse the transfer market opportunities – the clubs that are willing to sell, the players in the last years of their contract. Clubs willing to have creative deals.

"I know exactly what we need and what we would like and I know how to be realistic

Back
Top Bottom