Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’re probably right. Spurs should spend another 60-70 million on “real quality” to help N’dombele keep those fancy Audi seats warm and dry at the new stadium. Seems like he could use a friend right now.
Not his fault Jose sliced him - he's miles better than Sissoko and Winks at CM - only a buffoon would argue otherwise

Scouted Football were so right about one of the most highly rated young players in Europe too and one of the largest transfer fees in world football. I'm off to spend money on these guys Patreons, because that sounds full time expertise and not internet journalism, statistical analysis and bluffery. Fuck sake, Totti could have wrote it.

(Pass the salt about the report on the Korean lad, Sonny proved himself in Germany before we took the plunge.)

Last edited:
Scouted Football were so right about one of the most highly rated young players in Europe too and one of the largest transfer fees in world football. I'm off to spend money on these guys Patreons, because that sounds full time expertise and not internet journalism, statistical analysis and bluffery. Fuck sake, Totti could have wrote it.

(Pass the salt about the report on the Korean lad, Sonny proved himself in Germany before we took the plunge.)

Why do you continually hide from questions regarding your no doubt exemplary footballing CV? :gallashmm:

Not his fault Jose sliced him - he's miles better than Sissoko and Winks at CM - only a buffoon would argue otherwise

Ergo this Korean lad must be shit?

I'm being facetious of course, but give the kid a chance.... Unknown to the mainstream doesn't mean he's crap.

As per earlier post: Kante & Mahrez ring any bells?

The proved to be "real quality".

Ergo this Korean lad must be shit?

I'm being facetious of course, but give the kid a chance.... Unknown to the mainstream doesn't mean he's crap.

As per earlier post: Kante & Mahrez ring any bells?

The proved to be "real quality".
He plays in China. Son was a seasoned Bundesliga player and Mahrez and Kante both came from Europe to the PL.

He plays in China. Son was a seasoned Bundesliga player and Mahrez and Kante both came from Europe to the PL.

I didn't mention Son. I'm not in the business of false equivalence.

Mahrez: French league TWO
Kante: Playing for a french league 1 team fighting for their life... One who'd only just been promoted and narrowly escaped the drop the season before he left for Leicester.

Is that what you meant by "real quality".... I thoroughly suspect not.

Last edited:

Lol nice find. Just goes to show it’s all just fucking guessing. Not sure why Mourinho does not favor N’dombele, but we obviously don’t see everything that happens behinds the scenes. There must be some reason behind it, and I doubt N’dombele is totally blameless. But you have to imagine Mourinho would have been motivated to try to make it work with him.

Mahrez and Kante were both scouted by Leciester, Mahrez when they were a Championship club. The guy who scouted them was then off to Everton (Steve Walsh) were he was appointed their director of football and spent a fair bit of money for not much return IMO. Some Ligue 1 clubs were interested at the time btw, he was Le Havre's best player by a mile by all accounts.

Re: Kim-Min Jae - we have been linked with this player for a long time, I have doubts about taking a risk on a non-HG centre half when we have about 5 internationals already that can play there.

If he signs fair enough, but again people are getting a bit excited by players they've seen relatively fuck all of apart from stuff they've read from online sources and highlight reels at questionable standards. Our actual scouts have hardly covered themselves in glory recently with far more proven players.

Foyth has to go first if this has legs IMO, although some are still trying to convince themselves that he has a future at Spurs, which personally I don't see tbh.

Last edited:
Mahrez and Kante were both scouted by Leciester, Mahrez when they were a Championship club. The guy who scouted them was then off to Everton (Steve Walsh) were he was appointed their director of football and spent a fair bit of money for not much return IMO.

Re: Kim-Min Jae - we have been linked with this player for a long time, I have doubts about taking a risk on a non-HG centre half when we have about 5 internationals already that can play there.

If he signs fair enough, but again people are getting a bit excited by players they've seen relatively fuck all of apart from stuff they've read from online sources and highlight reels at questionable standards. Our actual scouts have hardly covered themselves in glory recently with far more proven players.

Foyth has to go first if this has legs IMO, although some are still trying to convince themselves that he has a future at Spurs, which personally I don't see tbh.

Getting "excited" or merely keeping an open mind? :kanehand:

I cannot recall seeing Kim Min-Jae play, he was a starter on the 2018 Asian Games team that Son was on and won it. So, at least he wouldn’t have to leave for the military service beyond the 3 weeks Son had to do.

One thing that Eric Dier’s emergence at CB has caused me to do is re-think priorities for this summer. If Dier can handle the rest of the season at CB, then maybe we don’t need to spend huge money on a CB, and can take time to develop someone like Kim Min-Jae behind the scenes. If Dier can be a top level CB, then our needs shift primarily to DM and RB.

I cannot recall seeing Kim Min-Jae play, he was a starter on the 2018 Asian Games team that Son was on and won it. So, at least he wouldn’t have to leave for the military service beyond the 3 weeks Son had to do.

One thing that Eric Dier’s emergence at CB has caused me to do is re-think priorities for this summer. If Dier can handle the rest of the season at CB, then maybe we don’t need to spend huge money on a CB, and can take time to develop someone like Kim Min-Jae behind the scenes. If Dier can be a top level CB, then our needs shift primarily to DM and RB.

Already was but I take the rest of your point.

Already was but I take the rest of your point.

I agree that DM was but I was also worried that CB was just in a really bad state as well. Vertonghen on the decline and leaving, Toby on the way down possibly, Davinson still hasn’t put it all together and Foyth is probably leaving. Dier slotting in there means maybe we don’t have to spend a significant amount there. Still too early to say, but I’m at least optimistic that he’s a good CB.

I think CB is definitely behind DM and both FB spots, and maybe even back up striker, but I also think it is pretty risky relying on two ok games from Dier to think that he is the solution going forward to one of our CB positions. Him and Toby may be able to hold down the spot while we develop a younger player but with Sanchez being ok at best I think we definitely need a better CB to pair with him than Dier.

I am not sure there is much in this Korean player to indicate that he will be that level of player so hopefully either Tanganga can become that guy (although I think both him and Sanchez are better on the right) or we bring in another young CB to develop into that role, like Gabriel Magalhaes.

I agree that DM was but I was also worried that CB was just in a really bad state as well. Vertonghen on the decline and leaving, Toby on the way down possibly, Davinson still hasn’t put it all together and Foyth is probably leaving. Dier slotting in there means maybe we don’t have to spend a significant amount there. Still too early to say, but I’m at least optimistic that he’s a good CB.

If Dier can alleviate that pressure it's no doubt a damn good thing. I'd be disappointed to see the end of project Foyth, but I guess life as a 4th/5th place CB is pretty lean...

With him & Toby (+ Dav if one is so inclined), decisions need to be made if we're gonna bring this lad in...

Dier
Dav
Toby
KMJ (?)
+ Foyth
+ Tanganga

Europa league next year would mean we could roll with:

EPL: Dier & Dav
Cups: Toby & KMJ

+ Loan Japh & sell Foyth..... With the extra body is probably better Japh goes out on loan.

However, the flipside of that is why not just loan Foyth out and run with:

EPL: Dier & Dav
Cups: Toby & Japh

+ Loan Foyth out and save £13m (?) by not buying KMJ at all.

I think Foyth is gone for sure. Both sides seem to want it and at the minimum we will be able to get a loan deal out of it if not an outright sell.

As much as I don't like it I think Tanganga will play a lot of RB again next season because of our lack of depth there and his versatility. I would much prefer they concentrate on him playing CB and if we can find a great loan spot where he can play 90% of the games then I would be all for it but I selfishly want him to stay because i think he is one of our best 3 CB's right now.

Back
Top Bottom