Kion Etete

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me of Adebayor. If we hang on to Kane and let him go on a Bosman in 3 years, Etete should be ready for the first team by then. Not to mention Scarlett and Parrott.

Sometimes the best thing is to do nothing and let problems take care of themselves.

Thanks mate.

By last night's reckoning; sureley we'd be better off trying to buy him instead.....
When I saw he'd gone there on loan I assumed that the loan was part of an agreement for their lad, but nothing seems to have come of it. Hopefully we're keeping an eye on him and the Etete deal has built some good relations.

When I saw he'd gone there on loan I assumed that the loan was part of an agreement for their lad, but nothing seems to have come of it. Hopefully we're keeping an eye on him and the Etete deal has built some good relations.

It's not just you..... As reliable as they may not have been, reports surrounding the loan also suggested it may have been a view to a swap.

It's not just you..... As reliable as they may not have been, reports surrounding the loan also suggested it may have been a view to a swap.
I'd like to be greedy though and have both in the long term, so loan Etete, get him back at the end of it and also sign Chukwuemeka if we think he has potential, I'd leave him there for the time being too as he'll probably develop more playing there than in our u23s.

I'd like to be greedy though and have both in the long term, so loan Etete, get him back at the end of it and also sign Chukwuemeka if we think he has potential, I'd leave him there for the time being too as he'll probably develop more playing there than in our u23s.
That lads going to Villa apparently but if Kion keeps this form Northampton might be so desperate to keep us on side (and Kion on loan) they may push him our way but no way should we be selling Etete .

Kion Etete (Northampton Town)

Etete had enjoyed a dream debut for his new club this month with a brilliant double in their Carabao Cup win over Championship side Coventry City.

On Saturday at home to Rochdale, Etete got another 63 minutes under his belt during the 3-1 defeat to Rochdale.

Northampton boss Jon Brady complained about the consistency of the officiating after the game with a feeling among the home crowd that Etete was hard done by, constantly penalised for minor infringements while getting few decisions in his favour.

The Northampton Chronicle gave Etete a five in their player ratings with the review: "A very frustrating afternoon as Dale kept him in check. Got nothing from the officials and then to rub salt into the wounds he was penalised for the most minor infringements. Hooked on the hour."

Courtesy Spursidol Spursidol January 4

Northampton Town Football Club can confirm that Kion Etete has been recalled by parent club Tottenham Hotspur.

Manager Jon Brady said: “This news is obviously a blow to us but Kion has developed so well over the last few months with us that Spurs want to see him play at the next level up sooner than originally expected.

“We understand that Spurs received an offer from a Championship club to buy Kion but have no intention of selling, however they feel he now needs to be playing in League One for his continued development.

“It’s always the risk you have with loan players but we prefer to look forward rather than back. We appreciate what Kion did for us and we are working hard to ensure that we find a suitable replacement.

“With Kion recovering from injury we were not expecting him back immediately anyway and had planned our recruitment around that, so we just need to adjust a little and bring in another forward to what we had planned.

“For Kion’s part he has expressed to me how happy he was with his spell at Northampton and thanked all the coaching staff for making him a better player.

And a nice 'thank you' from Kion Etete

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom