Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any young player that's not playing matches is being hindered in their development and I think it's idiotic to argue otherwise.
The only way to learn how to cope with the intensity and pressure of a match in front of thousands of fans is to play in matches. You cannot replicate that atmosphere on the training ground nor can you replicate all the opposition players someone might come up against.
While he will have definitely learnt a lot from being around the first team squad, playing competitive football is imperative to a players development.
A young player is never ready because part of the puzzle only comes from game time so managers have to take a chance on them.

Just what I said after previous game -let's not get hopelessly carried away after one good game. We have seen good game or two from him in Spurs shirt as well. What we would need is consistency.

Yesterday he was unfortunately defensively all over the place. With ManU 2nd goal, Martial literally stepped past him. His Whoscored rating was worst of Soton players.

KWP has been excellent in every game he's played since the restart, except for a pretty rough first half against United. So good on the ball. Top 2/3 performers on the field in at least 4 games he's played in.

Still, I think there's little chance he'll be kept on, probably too weak in the air to be in Mourinho's plans (for which I don't really blame him).

KWP has been excellent in every game he's played since the restart, except for a pretty rough first half against United. So good on the ball. Top 2/3 performers on the field in at least 4 games he's played in.

Still, I think there's little chance he'll be kept on, probably too weak in the air to be in Mourinho's plans (for which I don't really blame him).

I'll have to wash my mouth out but I think Ashley Cole is one of the best ever England FB's and he was hardly tall or strong in the air.

Back
Top Bottom