Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon Trippier will be sold next season.
giphy.gif

If we are not going to give KWP playing time (wrongly in my opinion), then Swansea would be the team I think we should loan him out too, if them and Stoke are the choices.

Not his fault he's playing on his weaker side. He attacks with good intent and has good tenacity but the fact is he's not a left back and he feels more comfortable on his right foot.

We need play players in their positions. It was the same problem with Onomah when he was getting his chances in the team.

I find it crazy that poch is so intent on playing left footers at LCB and right footers at RCB but he will play a right footer at left back when there is a left back on the bench.

Trippier is likely to play Wednesday if Aurier still has a knock so why not let KWP play on the right today?

Not his fault he's playing on his weaker side. He attacks with good intent and has good tenacity but the fact is he's not a left back and he feels more comfortable on his right foot.

We need play players in their positions. It was the same problem with Onomah when he was getting his chances in the team.

I find it crazy that poch is so intent on playing left footers at LCB and right footers at RCB but he will play a right footer at left back when there is a left back on the bench.

Trippier is likely to play Wednesday if Aurier still has a knock so why not let KWP play on the right today?
Suspect he was on the left because Trips can barely play on the right, imagine what damage Frodo could do when on the left. KWP should see it as a compliment.

Thought he was poor defensively, made harder by the fact that he was one of the three targeted players to press (Foyth, KWP and Wanyama) (and rightly so, it's what i would do if I was oppo manager). But, going forward I thought he offered something, made some nice runs and was found a few times. If we would have had a midfield and forwards who could pass, he could have been far more involved.

He's a better RB than Tripps all day long.

Suspect he was on the left because Trips can barely play on the right, imagine what damage Frodo could do when on the left. KWP should see it as a compliment.

Thought he was poor defensively, made harder by the fact that he was one of the three targeted players to press (Foyth, KWP and Wanyama) (and rightly so, it's what i would do if I was oppo manager). But, going forward I thought he offered something, made some nice runs and was found a few times. If we would have had a midfield and forwards who could pass, he could have been far more involved.

He's a better RB than Tripps all day long.

I realise the manager has to think about the whole squad not just one player hence why Trippier got a game tonight.

I just think we are at risk of our young academy players picking up bad habits if they are constantly played out of position.

For me versatility is something that comes with age and experience. We run the risk of of nullyfing players if we don't give them the chance to fully develop in their preferred positions first

I realise the manager has to think about the whole squad not just one player hence why Trippier got a game tonight.

I just think we are at risk of our young academy players picking up bad habits if they are constantly played out of position.

For me versatility is something that comes with age and experience. We run the risk of of nullyfing players if we don't give them the chance to fully develop in their preferred positions first
He is a RB, you're right, that said McDermott moves many players out of position, KWP had made a number of apps on the left. (FWIW I was an RB, I was a very good RB but for the team that mattered most to me I was played on the left because we didn't have an LB, I was told it was a short term thing, five fucking years latter I was still playing LB). Poch has to manage it, I'm sure he will, he has done with Dier for example, signed as a CB, played as an RB, then as a DM, then as CB/DM in same game. Bottom-line if KWP has the attitude of Dier i.e. I want to play every game, I'll play in goal if Poch asks me to, he'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom