Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To me if Kyle does move on , it looks like a test / growth of the Levy / Poch relationship to sell at a players maximum potential to bring in other potential talent

£££££££££ ? I hope not.
If he is moving to be close to home what the fuck is he going to do when City finish 3rd again next year and decide that X player from X club is a better option ? Take a loan move to Sheffield United ?
The major issue for me, as per earlier posts, is that Walker to City does improve them and weakens us. That's why under no circumstances should Walker be sold to City or United. End of.
That all said....that video is a nice touch and maybe shows that their is a little bit less to this nonsense than the media would like us to think. Fair play to Walker a nice touch.
Hopefully this means he stays?
Or it's a good bye?? Whatever it is the fella respects the fans and the club. He's been a good servant to this club. If you are going to leave then this is how your do it, no piss taking and going on strike.
Not sure how to take that video to be honest...

Having seen that, I'd say it's 100% certain he's either definitely staying... or definitely going.
...and I don't mean that to sound stoopid... I actually think he's made up his mind one way or the other, and that filmed message shows... not only that he's clearly had a bit of unexpected free-time in front of the computer during matchdays, but that he's trying to tell us that he's here (possibly for the rest of his career) or that's his lot, and he wants us to remember the good times... and yes, as someone else pointed out, he's been here longer than most (2nd longest only to Danny Rose isn't he?) ...and maybe there's an argument to be said we should just say; Thanks for the memories... and let him on his way with our blessing.

If we sell him to City we would surely have to replace him. We're aiming to win the league, Trips is a brilliant back up but not at KW's level, we'd be weakening our 1st XI and strengthening a direct rival's.

Question is who? Wing backs dont grow on trees, Clyne would do, but who else in England? Michail Antonio?

I thought I'd check on Dani Carvajal's buy-out clause - it's €350 million, so possibly a shade above our budget.

Any other names? Juanfran's too old now at 32 and I suppose David Alaba is about as viable as Carvajal, ditto De Sciglio at MIlan and Sidibe at Monaco. Doesn't help matters that Chelsea will be in the market too...

I do not buy this partner homesick reason. He does not have to live in Enfield and can move nearer Sheffield and commute. Harry Rednapp travelled from Sandbanks. I always commuted about an Hour. He is away playing a lot and his partner could easily go home to Sheffield at these times. He can live an hour's commute to the training ground and therefore be nearer Sheffield

If he leaves it is all about missing the big matches this season which I believe was a mistake by Poch and going for more money.

Interesting point. Explain
My instincts are still forming on the variables. Did another club approach through the right channels on the availability of Kyle or was it Kyle/his agent requestig a move. So lets move on to what Kyle brings to Tottenham. I don't think there is a Spurs fan that doesn't love watching Kyle use his speed to leave opponents with their knickers around their ankles & the speed with which he gets back to defend. Very much an enjoyable player to watch. Looking at it from a Levy perspective it would be the peak of monetary value of Kyle's career & therefore financially advantageous to sell. With that in mind Poch puts Trippier in & an opportunity is given for a player to prove he can step up. Has the decision been made to sell Kyle , i think it's an ongoing conversation between Poch/Levy that has not been decided. More now than ever i think Daniel Levy trusts & respects a manager & will listen & debate as opposed to dictate.

Can't wait til the Aussie Yids like Melspurnian Melspurnian get hold of this tonight "3 hours = a long journey"

Pfff.... those buggers travel further for a pint of milk.

By the way, I work in Sheffield and anyone who thinks Manchester to Sheffield is a doddle hasn't been north of Watford. The War of The Roses is still being played out up here. Yorkshire and Lancashire both stubbornly refuse to make it easy to get from one to the other easily, because "why would you want to go over there?'
The equivalent of London to manchester would get you to the state border from where I live if you were heading up to sydney. Who would want to go there, though? I feel sorry for the people that have to make those journeys everyday.

If we sell a player in his prime to a rival then we haven't moved on from being just a stepping-stone selling club. If he goes, it has to be abroad and for a lot of money.

Manchester to Sheffield is about an hour in the traffic. London to Sheffield is more like four in the traffic. But the guy is only going to play at the top level for another 4-5 years. If he can't wait that long to move home then the guy seriously needs his state of mind questioning.
Aside from that, Walker will be one of the best servants of this club so far this century. If he stays and wins the league he will truly be one of the all time Tottenham greats. Either way, the guy deserves our respect for his service to our club

Enfield to Sheffield is over 3 hours (160 miles). Probably nearer 4 hours in peak times.

Have you worked 2.5 hours away from home before? It's exhausting even before you get on to anxiety reasons. Imagine if your mum/dad/brother was ill and you knew that you were 3-4 hours away. That's a common trigger for homesickness. It can spiral into psychosomatic reactions, triggered by even the most illogical reasons.

I personally couldn't live in London. I've tried it, it's not for me. I don't particularly enjoy living in the south of england and would be happier back up north, which is a common feeling for the people around me who've been to the area I grew up in (but aren't from there). I don't know why the concept is being dismissed like it's non-existant.

because it's bollocks he's not homesick he wants a pay rise, it's also not like he'd be commuting daily in rush hour if he had any sense he'd go after a weekend game, and yes I live 1200 miles away from family, people can get homesick but Kyle Walker has been playing in London for 7 years his lady and his kid probably live with him in London if he has suddenly become that fragile he needs to man up.

There should be a golden rule , we don't sell to any rivals in England.
Walker would improve the dodgy cash clubs at our expense no matter how much they gave us .
Walker on his day is better than Trippier .. They must be a change in our direction as breaking up a pivotal player in a very good team is retrograde move .It's time to add 2 quality players to show the others that Poch is truly supported by the club and they can fuck off.

There should be a golden rule , we don't sell to any rivals in England.
Walker would improve the dodgy cash clubs at our expense no matter how much they gave us .
Walker on his day is better than Trippier .. They must be a change in our direction as breaking up a pivotal player in a very good team is retrograde move .It's time to add 2 quality players to show the others that Poch is truly supported by the club and they can fuck off.

problem is Walker is probably just chasing the carrot a 200k p/w contract and thats always going to be the problem for Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom