Le Tottenham de Hotspurs vs FC Basel of Swiss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could cry about Spurs tonight, but whaaat a good game by Salah. Brilliant game. 11 goals in 19 games for Egypt..geeeeeethim Daniel!

If Bale is out for two games we'll be fine. We can matchup just fine with Everton since they are down Pienaar and Fellaini and I think we're capable of beating Basel no matter what though it will be tough.

I think playing Walker on the right wing could be a possibility as could bringing in a youth player. Also, could go three man midfield with Carroll (if healthy), Parker, Dembele, and the Siggy and Holtby as inverted wingers.

Interestingly I thought Holtby was one of our better players tonight, a sentiment echoed by those around me and my mates I met after who sat elsewhere in the ground.

However, everyone I've spoken to who watched on TV (admittedly only 3 people) said that Holtby was one of our worst players and had a terrible game!

If Bale is out for two games we'll be fine. We can matchup just fine with Everton since they are down Pienaar and Fellaini and I think we're capable of beating Basel no matter what though it will be tough.

I think playing Walker on the right wing could be a possibility as could bringing in a youth player. Also, could go three man midfield with Carroll (if healthy), Parker, Dembele, and the Siggy and Holtby as inverted wingers.

You sure Fellini is out?

Interestingly I thought Holtby was one of our better players tonight, a sentiment echoed by those around me and my mates I met after who sat elsewhere in the ground.

However, everyone I've spoken to who watched on TV (admittedly only 3 people) said that Holtby was one of our worst players and had a terrible game!

I watched on TV and I thought he was brilliant.

So much energy and so eager to win the ball.

Nah mate, watched the game on TV and thought Holtby had a good game. Much better than lately!

Lots of people quoting the 'spurs haven't won a game where bale hasn't scored since January' stay. Whilst this is relatively meaningless, it does slightly reinforce my own opinion that the whole play him through the middle thing is only really set up to benefit him and not the rest of the team. Especially when Lennon is out. Tonight I feel we needed bale out on the left to stretch their defence and then play holtby behind ade where he is better suited naturally.
Yes bale has been super effective in the middle, but it shouldnt be a case of playing quality players out of position just so Gareth can get in more goal scoring chances.

WUC0LUu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom