Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We definitely need some better defenders. I have a couple in mind. Just watched a guy playing for Atletico Madrid against Barcelona. He had a really good game and helped keep the Madrid side top of the league. His name is Kieran Trippier. I'm now about to watch a player who has already won loads with Man City and may well help them clinch the title against Chelsea tonight and the Champion's League later this month. His name is Kyle Walker.

Hey, wait a minute .... 🤔

Kyle Walker demanded out, are you saying we should have told him no and forced him to stay?

I'm sure that would have worked out well.

Tripper, meh. He may be better than what we have now but he is far from great or someone we should be pining over.

The reasons make perfect sense. This squad is shit and nowhere near top 4 level. The only reason we stood a chance of top 4 this year is because of kane and kane alone. Apart from some good form from son the rest are lower half squad players. Take him out what is left. Inconsistent son? What happens when he goes missingvfor 2 months without kane. Dele steps up? Dier decides to defend properly? Aurier stops giving stupid free kicks away? PEH tanguy lo celso winks sisokko start contributing more goals? Reguilon actually defends well? This team has been overrated for too long it is not the peak side that kane and poch were instrumental in propelling.

LOL

This is such nonsense. But if it makes you feel better to try and spin some BS narrative of us being Kane and only Kane go right ahead.

Kyle Walker demanded out, are you saying we should have told him no and forced him to stay?

I'm sure that would have worked out well.

Tripper, meh. He may be better than what we have now but he is far from great or someone we should be pining over.
Kyle Walker demanded out. Ever asked yourself why ? and as far as Trippier is concerned Diego Simeone obviously sees something in him we didn't and he is certainly no mug.

Kyle Walker demanded out. Ever asked yourself why ? and as far as Trippier is concerned Diego Simeone obviously sees something in him we didn't and he is certainly no mug.

No I don't ask myself why, it seems pretty obvious.

He saw a cheap player that he could use. I don't see Simeone building the team around Trippier, he is one of the least important players on the team.

LOL

This is such nonsense. But if it makes you feel better to try and spin some BS narrative of us being Kane and only Kane go right ahead.
No we are not only kane. The problem is the squad is shit without him. He is the one player we have that walks in to any team in the world. People deluding themselves into thinking this is a good squad is the real nonsense.

He saw a cheap player that he could use. I don't see Simeone building the team around Trippier, he is one of the least important players on the team.

This article suggests otherwise :

Walker eventually moved to the Etihad for £47m last year, but contrary to what was reported at the time, the defender claims that he didn't push to leave the club. Instead, the former Spurs man explains how he was told that he was no longer needed in north London.

No one said Simeone was building a team around Trippier, you are grossly exaggerating my comments and maybe he is one of the least important members of the team, but if things carry on as they are he will be picking up a La Liga Champion's medal in a couple of weeks and no one can take that away from him.

This article suggests otherwise :

Walker eventually moved to the Etihad for £47m last year, but contrary to what was reported at the time, the defender claims that he didn't push to leave the club. Instead, the former Spurs man explains how he was told that he was no longer needed in north London.

No one said Simeone was building a team around Trippier, you are grossly exaggerating my comments and maybe he is one of the least important members of the team, but if things carry on as they are he will be picking up a La Liga Champion's medal in a couple of weeks and no one can take that away from him.

I would take anything that Walker says with a giant grain of salt.

I am not taking anything away from Trippier, just stating that I don't think he is the answer to our problems. We should be looking to improve on him not wishing he was still here. The problem with moving on Trippier wasn't that we got rid of him it was we didn't bring in better players to replace him.

No we are not only kane. The problem is the squad is shit without him. He is the one player we have that walks in to any team in the world. People deluding themselves into thinking this is a good squad is the real nonsense.

I have complained about the squad many times but it isn't, we aren't a bottom team if we move on from Kane and we have had success before Kane got here and can easily have success when he goes.

The notion that if Kane leaves we are screwed is pure garbage.

I would take anything that Walker says with a giant grain of salt.

I am not taking anything away from Trippier, just stating that I don't think he is the answer to our problems. We should be looking to improve on him not wishing he was still here. The problem with moving on Trippier wasn't that we got rid of him it was we didn't bring in better players to replace him.
No one will ever know the true story behind Walker's departure but the point of my post was to illustrate the fact you eventually make in the end of your last one. Players left and we brought in others of inferior quality, that can only lead one way, down.

LOL

This is your pathetic response to me talking positively about one of our best players and one of the best LBs in the league?
You absolute fuckwit.

YOU claimed he was a great player based on his form for a different club in a different country in a different year.

For us, Spurs(in case you're not sure who we are) he's been shite

No one will ever know the true story behind Walker's departure but the point of my post was to illustrate the fact you eventually make in the end of your last one. Players left and we brought in others of inferior quality, that can only lead one way, down.

Yes we needed to do a much better job replacing players in the team, I have been saying that for a long time.

I was just pointing out that Walker's departure, despite what he claims in that article, was one that we couldn't really do much about, He left for one of the biggest 5 clubs in the world and there isn't much we can do to stop that especially when it comes to good, not great players like Walker. We can't afford to overpay a guy like that like City can.

A bunch of players who’ve won fuck all, achieved fuck all, crumble when it matters, walking and pouncing around like they are big time players.

If you are paying £60 for the Villa game you are just as bad. Spend the time with family or something, not on this shit.

You absolute fuckwit.

YOU claimed he was a great player based on his form for a different club in a different country in a different year.

For us, Spurs(in case you're not sure who we are) he's been shite

LOL wah wah wah.

He has been great for Spurs as well.

You sure? Form dropped with his ban and his partnership with Llorente has been key in their good runs

Back
Top Bottom