Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did we?

I genuinely don't remember. Do you have proof?

I would have assumed the underdogs would be praised.
I remember watching it and us getting quite rightly vilified by the pundits.
Obviously the underdogs were praised.
Im not going back and watching a video of the game and editing it and picking out the pieces of criticism. Youre more than welcome.
The love in with bielsa is such that to criticise leeds and their approach is to criticise him and they wont do it is what im saying

Bielsa is just a poor man's Zdenek Zeman, a manager that had top half finishes in Serie A when that league was by far the best in the world managing a club the size of Luton Town (Foggia).

Sounds like Leeds may be getting a big cash boost from an American investor (owner of the San Fran 49ers I think).

Chatter is he's gonna walk at the end of the season.....

If that's the case and they continue on a downward spiral, why not bin him off in hope of avoiding the drop?

What he said was, "I have no idea why the players do not do what I ask them to do. It is a great conundrum for me. It is very clear. I tell them again and again, but they just look at me as though they do not understand."
I’m guessing they’re f**ked - or just can’t do it.

I tell my class to ‘do better’ and get ‘Grade 9s’ every assessment, but sometimes they don’t. Crazy, eh? Perhaps his instructions are impossible to employ (a la Sissoko/ Winks pivot etc)

Chatter is he's gonna walk at the end of the season.....

If that's the case and they continue on a downward spiral, why not bin him off in hope of avoiding the drop?

Because the Leeds squad is fucking awful with the exception of a few players like Philips, Bamford and Raphina .

Bielsa revs up the players to run and attack like lunatics, it’s is sometimes extremely effective other times a disaster but it has fired them into the prem and kept them up.

If the squad and the manager for that matter is burnt out Leeds will have to do two things very quickly, work out a replacement manager and spend some serious money to upgrade parts of the team. Can they get a better manager and upgrade the players, I very much doubt that, with the current squad Leeds staying up is punching above their weight to a degree, this is their ceiling without big investment.

Because the Leeds squad is fucking awful with the exception of a few players like Philips, Bamford and Raphina .

Always thought that Dallas is an under-rated player too.

Phillips and Raphina would be dream signings. Skipp and Phillips in midfield would be a beautiful thing.

Bielsa gone. Interesting, as I think half of that Leeds team is barely top 6 Championship quality, but it didn’t help that Bielsa didn’t adapt his tactics (or maybe he did) to try and cover the injuries to their key players.

Apparently Marsch is the leading candidate.

Back
Top Bottom