Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zest levels of false equivalence there.

I know the Information Superhighway has led us into an age of hyper-hyperbole, where everything is the best/the worst thing EVER, but I wish people could get it into their heads that the only thing that genocide is comparable with is genocide.

Not Covid lockdowns and vaccine passports, not a democratically elected politician, however much you dislike them.

And certainly not Premier League football.

He is described as one of the greatest brains in the game... I just can't see how, he has one style of play and doesn't know who he should play it against and when to change it for certain opponents.
He never learned from his mistakes and had no plan B.
He's not a genius, he's a stubborn predictable easy to play against fool.

No manager would have survived leaking 20 goals in 5 games.

It's art...........................

IdleRealisticIndri-max-1mb.gif

mike-bassett.gif

Fair or not, Clough caught the sentiment of many who disliked Leeds in that era:

“You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fucking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

Never forget being welcomed to Leeds with a Nazi salute.

Yes it’s an old fashioned ground and atmosphere which I love, but their support is utter scum.

Going to be an interest couple of matches next season....
Absolutely.

I remember going up there as a kid after we signed Robbie Keane. Must have been about 9 years old.

All I remember from that game was the constant hissing at us. Scum of the earth. I have been hoping they stayed down. Not something anyone should hear, let alone a kid.

Agreed, but I'm happy they are back in the prem. Big club and have been out the top flight too long.
Couldn’t agree more. Give them until Christmas before the absolute certainty of relegation. Hate them and their cunt fans. “Proper club” if you Still live in the 70’s or early 80’s. Wrong side of the Pennines for a start. Cowards at any ground unless they are wielding something sharper than their intellect (affectionately known as the butty boys - butter knives, David batty etc). Nobody I know Up north has an ounce of respect for them or their “firm”. Indiscriminate, cowardly pricks. Fuck them back off to the obscurity they belong in. Cunts

These always give us a tough game historically, and I can also remember them lording it above us for a while.

But despite that I think its a good thing to have these back in the league, while they might give us hard games and maybe take points off us, they aren't going to be a soft touch and roll over for the other big boys either.

Proper football club, proper fanatical fanbase. That's what its all about, big games, big atmospheres.

Its funny, but I really don't mind Leeds... maybe it's due to the fact I was slightly (almost, just about) too young to remember when they were horrible...

My earliest memory of Leeds was that they played in the same colour as Spurs (always a good thing) and, as I've probably mentioned on here before, were the first team I 'completed' in my Panini 1979/80 sticker book... so have always had a rather personal soft spot for them. That's how shallow and easily pleased I am!

I guess it's a akin to the younger generation of Spurs fans today NOT quite getting the old school rivalry with ArseAnal, and not despising them as much as say, Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool... as those are the clubs they have experience of hating...

I dunno, I'm secretly glad to have Leeds back... for the same reason I want Villa to stay up at the expense of Bournemouth...

Fuckin hell, I've just realised i'm a football snob!

Last edited:
If Mourinho deserves criticism for his style of football, being defensive, Bielsa absolutely deserves equal amount of criticism for being a naive, brittle and a fragile team which cannot defend to save their lives.

I've always had the view that the label "jewish club" was assigned to us was because of Stamford Hill. Away fans making their way to White Hart Lane would have travelled through Stamford Hill, the sight of Orthodox Jews would have stirred the Alf Garnet in many a man back then. Do this trip many times a year and year after year the myth perpetuates. Once it gathers momentum a stereotype is formed and further embellished by the likes of Badel (his Rabbi Spurs supporter) just enforcing it.

It is fair to say though, in the +40yrs I've been going I have always sat next to a Jewish supporter (+25yrs ST) without exception.
Away support wasn't all that common until the 1960's and I think most away supporters would come by car from the north or the train to King's Cross and then the Victoria

https://www.thejc.com/lifestyle/features/how-tottenham-became-the-jewish-football-team-1.53784

I don't agree with the normative claims but the historic part is accurate I feel

Back
Top Bottom