LEICESTER CITY VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2022 | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was a regular occurance at whl in the 70’s think he had a season ticket
...are you confusing him with Chirpy?
740full-chirpy-cockerel.jpg

I hope so, let’s hope that the players prove me wrong. I believe we have scored just 7 goals in our 8 away league matches. 3 of those were against Newcastle. We have not scored more than once in any other away league match.

I think some on here really overestimate what we are capable of. If you saw the Watford match you will see just how toothless we are against a parked bus, especially now we are without Son. Defensively we are also a mess without Dier and on another day Watford would have been awarded a penalty against Hugo and won the match.

We need to improve very, very quickly because Woolwich and West Ham don’t labour the way we do with such regularity.
Under conte we have had 3 away games in the league. We have lost none of them.

Everton - conte had 48 hours with the players so I’ll give him a pass.

Southampton - which we won but had 2 perfectly good goals stricken off and even taking away those goals we still out xg’d Southampton 3:1

Watford - which we dominated and should of won by more, we nicked the game at the death, so what loads of good teams do that, we did that under Poch in our best season.

Our away form isn’t questionable yet under conte in the league, let’s wait for at least 5 fixtures before we write it off ey?

This one for me becomes the biggest game of the season so far. This is a must win. We have games in hand and we have to start getting 3 points on board, so we can open up a big gap. The only reason I say Leicester is a must win is because Chelsea away is next and that for me is a guaranteed loss. Our pathetic record at Stamford bridge isn’t ending anytime soon, so the Leicester game now becomes a massive game. Get 3 points and our upcoming loss to Chelsea won’t feel anywhere near as bad.

I hope so, let’s hope that the players prove me wrong. I believe we have scored just 7 goals in our 8 away league matches. 3 of those were against Newcastle. We have not scored more than once in any other away league match.

I think some on here really overestimate what we are capable of. If you saw the Watford match you will see just how toothless we are against a parked bus, especially now we are without Son. Defensively we are also a mess without Dier and on another day Watford would have been awarded a penalty against Hugo and won the match.

We need to improve very, very quickly because Woolwich and West Ham don’t labour the way we do with such regularity.

We should have been awarded 2 pens against Watford?

Woolwich lost against Everton last month (their only win in 12) and West Ham just lost to Leeds at home today, not sure what you're even seeing here?

It’s still a weak Leicester team without Vardy
Patson Daka was bought by Leicester last Summer as the eventual Vardy replacement. It appears that it will happen sooner rather than later. He has looked very good in his games so far & in my opinion makes Leicester stronger rather than weaker.

Back
Top Bottom