Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
Levy and ENIC aren't going anywhere simply because no one will be able to pay what ENIC will demand, very few clubs are bought at the top end of the market unless they are insanely profitable. ENIC will be demanding in or around £2BN, the wording of the poll is naive and stupid as there is nothing the fan base can do to make someone miraculously buy the club.

Levy and ENIC aren't going anywhere simply because no one will be able to pay what ENIC will demand, very few clubs are bought at the top end of the market unless they are insanely profitable. ENIC will be demanding in or around £2BN, the wording of the poll is naive and stupid as there is nothing the fan base can do to make someone miraculously buy the club.

I don’t think anyone is expecting this poll to force out ENIC, it’s a forum, it’s opinion. Most people know ENIC are probably here forever.

I don’t think anyone is expecting this poll to force out ENIC, it’s a forum, it’s opinion. Most people know ENIC are probably here forever.

Its an opinion off the back of a shite performance though, its an emotive opinion but as you say everyone is welcome to have one.

I think it is time. When you sack a man like Poch, bring on one of the most successful Managers in modern times & still look like an under 12 B team in their first game together it is time to start raising an eyebrow.
Trouble is, we will be worth top dollar to Levy. It’s all in place. Best ground. Massively overvalued squad. Players with no competition (yes Kane, I’m looking at you) worth 100’s of millions apparently.
Who would actually want us as a project? No value in it for a buyer wealthy enough to buy the club unless it’s filthy money laundering. Spend over a billion to buy us and throw another billion at the squad?
I’d wiped the slate clean for everyone today but that was fucking tragic. Utterly dreadful. We need to shape up quickly because this could get embarrassing very quickly. As I said in the match thread. I won’t lose my shit so early in a season, but if we are getting dry humped at home by the likes of Everton. then something has to change sharpish
Baffled by how a team could look so stale and bereft of ideas on the opening day.
Thats the problem, waiting until we are in such a huge nearly impossible mess to do or say anything about it. & still many are supporting our owners & levy despite what we see on the pitch & their blatant lack of ambition to win things & put the football side at least equal, let alone 1st.
Seems you have to wait until its years too late to speak up or else your a true bestest fan.
I guess its the in thing to speak up against the owners & levy so more will feel they can do it.

Prevention is better than the cure. But many seem to want to wait until a problem has become a massive problem until we do anything about it. Lets not prevent the problem becoming massive. Let's just wait until it does & we are in a big mess & need a very difficult cure.

Gonna guess the fans at the ground today with the Levy out banner aren’t members of this forum......

An empty stadium post covid restrictions could force any owners out....Man Utd fans are addicted to castle grey skull they couldn’t stay away....truth be told they hadn't the stomach for it and just dined on success for the past 20 years, give Utd fans 10 years of flirting with the top 4 instead of challenging for silver and the Glaziers may be gone before we know it...
They still have won trophies under the glaziers & got big exciting signings & now CL football & look on the rise. Unlikely not to get top 4 again.

Levy gambled last November thinking our squad was still top drawer and Mourinho was still 2003 to 2010 Mourinho who could sort them out without a big rebuild so chucked a load of money at him. Turns out we have a manager who is a busted flush and a squad that still needs a big rebuild. In any other business heads would roll for such poor judgement.

Still early poll days but 74% ‘Out’ is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE
People are starting to see them for what they are, like we & a few others did a while ago. Some would say we are the founding fathers of this movement.... THIS REVOLUTION!!

:tobyarm: :adesalute::dierpochhug::freundgoal::dier::lamelaaghh::mourfinger::mourbringit:

I wonder if che guevera had a dog?

ENIC/Levy were an improvement on Sugar which isn't saying much. They've obviously improved the infrastructure to a massive degree which is a good legacy. They also took us to the Champions League - more by luck than judgement, but they still did it.

In the shit collumn, they have under-invested in the squad in multiple windows. Fucked up major transfers (Eden Hazard, Luis Suarez, Grealish, Bruno Fernandes, Dybala to name a few). Fucked over our best manager since Burkinshaw by not cutting our losses (rose, eriksen et al) and not backing him in two windows.

Additionally, the way they do business towards the end of a window to save money has ruined our season starting several times. Also, not remunerating players properly like Luka Modric who was desperate to go to Chelsea in 2010/11 for an ability appropriate contract. If he had been on a proper contract it may have stopped him going to Madrid when he did.

Overall, I want ENIC gone because we have won nothing in 2 decades. They continue to be difficult to negotiate with and cheap/weak in the market failing to provide their managers the tools they need; Redknapp and Pochettino being the worst cases. They've sacked lots of managers, directors of football, coaches, trainers etc, with no success, so it should be them who leave as it is clear they have run their course.

Nevertheless, and regardless of the majority of fans' views, I don't see how we can get them to go because they own the club. I don't see a line of willing buyers who would invest massively in the squad and who would want to negotiate with Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis. Levy will obviously want far over the market value for the club and assets, like he does with any player he sells.

Newcastle fans have wanted Mike Ashley out for years and years, he is still there. We've sadly got the same problem.

Yes he did - read the post

"Perhaps" - used to express uncertainty or possibility.

I can certainly see why any NFL franchise would be rethinking moving outside of the US given the uncertainty of international travel. Currently no fans will be in grounds before Christmas and I personally doubt if we will see them back this season.

We are clearly so much behind several other clubs in terms of investment on the pitch, and clearly the main reason why we haven't won any major trophies is the lack of it

However, nothing that is happening in this moment is surprising to me. I have always thought that the building the stadium would have meant even more financial tightness for at least 4 or 5 years.

The way we progress (? do we? I appreciate that the jury is still out) with ENIC is two step forward and one backwards. It happened a few times in the last ten years, and it's happening now

I got the gut feeling that in this decade we will win everything, even if it sounds moronic in this moment. It's just a gut feeling Whether we will win it with ENIC or with a new owner I don't know

I would be very happy if we were sold to people who would buy build immediate (and more importantly , SUSTAINABLE ) success. If it doesn't happen, I will make my final judgement on ENIC at the end of this decade. I know it's a long time, but If I can take one or two more years of Mourinho, I think I can take ten more of ENIC

Levy needs to get his hands off the footballing side and sack Hitchens and the rest of the scouting team. We need a TOP director of football and a revamped scouting team, our transfer strategy has been shocking over several seasons. Yes we have signed some good players like Lo Celso and Bergwyn but there needs to be a holistic view on building a balanced squad, not just signing a good player because he's available and has resale value.... look at Everton, they signed two 29 year olds (James Rodrigues, Allan) and one 27 year old (Doucoure) to build a stunning midfield that actually works. Levy would never allow this as these players wouldn't have resale value.

The problem with Levy staying but moving away from the football side is he'll still have the final say on fees for sales and money available meaning they'd still be a logjam in moving players on and no flexibility in signings. This is pretty much why Mitchell left us so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom