Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 2022 Trust survey is available for all, a selection of Levy questions...

levy1.png

levy2.png

I'd have swapped ENIC for the Saudis any day if I'm honest. However, it is a bit trivial to ask whether we approve of ENIC's transfer strategy and approach to managerial appointments.

There’s some spectacular literal diarrhea in this thread

Levy is finally , after 22 years of interfering with stuff he clearly knows nothing about , letting the footballing people do their job & we are all supposed to become happy clappers?

I’m ecstatic that the penny has seemingly , finally dropped with the Poundland businessman but it doesn’t mean I’ll forgive him for the past & the many huge fuck ups he’s done.

Levy is finally , after 22 years of interfering with stuff he clearly knows nothing about , letting the footballing people do their job & we are all supposed to become happy clappers?

I’m ecstatic that the penny has seemingly , finally dropped with the Poundland businessman but it doesn’t mean I’ll forgive him for the past & the many huge fuck ups he’s done.
I find it really amusing to be honest.

In their warped universe, the fans who have been clamouring for more investment for two trophyless decades are apparently miffed that it may be happening.

While those who've been defending/ supporting the lack of investment for years are somehow meant to feel vindicated

Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I find it really amusing to be honest.

In their warped universe, the fans who have been clamouring for more investment for two trophyless decades are apparently miffed that it may be happening.

While those who've been defending/ supporting the lack of investment are somehow meant to feel vindicated

Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I’ll happily applaud him if this continues. Who knows , maybe Danny boy grabbed Lewis you his gunt jowls & said “ GIVE ME SOME FUCKING MONEY FOR THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL TEAM!” “ & if he did fair dos .

This is a decent start in erasing the past , in the catalogue of meh , it rubs out the Nuno farce.

I mean who is even asking you to?

Do you mean” too”? “Two”? Or did you mean “ to”

Is it a dialect thing?

Thank you for clarifying in advance

I'll make it easier for you, who is asking you to forget about the past and forgive Levy and ENIC?

If you need to buy more time thinking of a simple answer, don't worry you've got all Summer :thumbup:

I'll make it easier for you, who is asking you to forget about the past and forgive Levy and ENIC?

If you need to buy more time thinking of a simple answer, don't worry you've got all Summer :thumbup:
Oh I see it was an answer to a part of my post , you can edit quotes to be more specific

Well, I’m not sure anyone is asking me but the utter glee on this thread that Levy /Lewis whoever has finally realised you have to invest to grow ( on the pitch ) after 22 years of “ we have to sell first “ it’s a tad baffling . I think this feels like the first window that this isn’t the case & there’s an air of acceptance that you can’t make profits on dog shit players .

As I said if feels different & it’s about bloody time

Oh I see it was an answer to a part of my post , you can edit quotes to be more specific

Well, I’m not sure anyone is asking me but the utter glee on this thread that Levy /Lewis whoever has finally realised you have to invest to grow ( on the pitch ) after 22 years of “ we have to sell first “ it’s a tad baffling . I think this feels like the first window that this isn’t the case & there’s an air of acceptance that you can’t make profits on dog shit players .

As I said if feels different & it’s about bloody time

Ok cheers

p8660_i_h9_ad.jpg

Certain people can’t help themselves. Can’t be just happy the club is doing what others have been asking for. Gotta feel the need to try and put themselves above other fans and feel smug.

ENIC are making some good choices and the club has momentum. Let’s just be excited for the new season without all going full petty and vindictive. I know that’s hard for some.

Posters on both sides of the argument should be pleased about the change of direction. There are reasons for it. With COVID restrictions in the past, we now have more money to spend, hopefully there is a realisation that they needed to keep Conte or we would go backwards and extra spending now would actually save having to change direction with a new Manager. By that I mean if the new Manager wants a back 4 then certain players do not fit that system and we end up losing money selling unsuitable players. A feeling that after years of poor purchases that Conte/ Paratici know what they are doing.
The past is the past but the future looks brighter than for some time but as Everton found, spending money is not a guarantee of success but it is the players and Manager that determine success and not the owners.

I think Levy/ENIC realise they can't fuck Conte around, there isn't a ton of managers with his quality.
Lesser managers wouldn't get this kind of trust and backing.

Posters on both sides of the argument should be pleased about the change of direction. There are reasons for it. With COVID restrictions in the past, we now have more money to spend, hopefully there is a realisation that they needed to keep Conte or we would go backwards and extra spending now would actually save having to change direction with a new Manager. By that I mean if the new Manager wants a back 4 then certain players do not fit that system and we end up losing money selling unsuitable players. A feeling that after years of poor purchases that Conte/ Paratici know what they are doing.
The past is the past but the future looks brighter than for some time but as Everton found, spending money is not a guarantee of success but it is the players and Manager that determine success and not the owners.
You're right, posters on both sides should be.
It's just a shame that one side can't get excited about.
After years of them calling for more investment, they jump in with glee when it appears we aren't signing Bastoni.

And they're supposed to be the happy ones.

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Back
Top Bottom