Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It didn't get expanded. It got knocked down, we moved to Wembley for 2 years then a brand new, $1,000,000,000 stadium got built.

We could have built WHL out to 45-50k 20 years ago for a fraction of the cost and spend the rest of the money making the team better.

Anfield was 45k when they started. Their target is 61k and their estimated cost is 1/5th of what we spent.
LOL, 20 years ago we were just beginning to recover from bankruptcy. Incidentally, a big part of putting us into bankruptcy was the extension of the West stand.

You're confusing extension with expansion. Extension is adding, expansion is growth.

We expanded the plot by expanding the land ownership and building a bigger stadium on it. We expanded the potential for income by increasing not just the amount of bums in seats, but the ability to host other possible uses of the site that the old stadium wasn't able to accommodate.

The Northumberland Park Development cost £1Bn, not the stadium alone.

As for A field, their extension brings in an additional £10M/year. Our stadium brings in 15 times that, is future proofed and those revenues will increase over time as more and more use is made from it. Anfield's extension return will never exceed what they are currently getting. They don't host anywhere near what we do now, let alone in the future, I'm not even sure they use the stadium for anything other than Football.

I'm sorry mate, but in this you are wrong.

I'm no expert but would doing that have cost us more and taken an infinitely longer time to achieve.

Each individual stand would have to be closed while work was ongoing, maybe more than one when you get to the corners.

We'd still of had to buy up the land (huge expense) and we'd still couldn't have started until the Archway situation was sorted.
Then there's the planning permission for each individual stand and all the objections to each one.

Plus it's not a case of simply bunging on a few seats at the top of each stand.
The whole thing would have to be demolished and rebuilt, especially for the pilings to hold the roof in place.

So with everything paid for, plus loss of revenue (reduced capacity) for god knows how many years it would take, it was probably quicker and therefore cheaper to do it in one hit and rebuild.
Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

I can't understand how any fan can even try and defend the term tbh. Why would you?
It sums up exactly how enic view the vehicle they used to achieve thier multi sports and entertainment complex.
Anchor Tennants, in supposedly our own fucking stadium. They may as well Just use the term Squatters, ffs.

And again. Look at this

FlkZGyGX0AYXmzG

Little more than a footnote. An afterthought.

Absolutely sums them up to a tee. And like I said. Why even try to put a positive spin on it.
New Orleans Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

I can't understand how any fan can even try and defend the term tbh. Why would you?
It sums up exactly how enic view the vehicle they used to achieve thier multi sports and entertainment complex.
Anchor Tennants, in supposedly our own fucking stadium. They may as well Just use the term Squatters, ffs.

And again. Look at this

FlkZGyGX0AYXmzG

Absolutely sums them up to a tee. And like I said. Why even try to put a positive spin on it.

I honestly don't know why the stadium being a multi-use facility is such an issue. It's just makes sense on such a basic level as long as it doesn't negatively impact the football watching fans or the performance on the field.

What I do think is fair game is whether or not the additional revenues are being invested directly back into the team as was said from the very start. Whether we make more money as a club through commercial sales or stadium event revenues shouldn't matter too much as long as some of that is being reinvested.

I honestly don't know why the stadium being a multi-use facility is such an issue. It's just makes sense on such a basic level as long as it doesn't negatively impact the football watching fans or the performance on the field.
It's not an issue, even amongst most of the anti Enic crowd.

Its only the most rabid, and those who don't understand simple economics, that try, and fail, to use it as a weapon to beat them with.

When you have people saying "we could of spent that £1bn on players" you literally know that they haven't a clue about finance and how loans work.

The revenue from the extra events are being put back into THFC. The Trust even hired there own independent accountants to look at precisely that and found nothing to the contrary.

What I do think is fair game is whether or not the additional revenues are being invested directly back into the team as was said from the very start. Whether we make more money as a club through commercial sales or stadium event revenues shouldn't matter too much as long as some of that is being reinvested.
What is both funny and infuriating at the same time is the "where's the money" shouts as though the stadium has been in place for 5+ years. We've had one single year of revenue realised of the couple it's been up and running, with an entire year having to be written off due to COVID. That loss of income doesn't just impact that year, it impacts subsequent years, with forecast income/expenditure basically kicked into a cocked hat. Essentially we had an entire year of outgoings with zero income.

This will have been one of the driving reasons for the £150M injection derived from convertible A shares.

Not really. In films it's often the biggest stars that are called out on their own at the end of the credits with an 'as well as line'. The rest are just appearing in a list, with the most prominent first.
That’s what we are saying. An entertainment business rather than a football team. Not surprised your first thought was movies rather than football.

As long as there's no way the football club could ever be kicked out of the stadium whilst it remains open and makes ENIC money after, i don't really care if it's multi use or not.
At no point can it ever affect our fixtures though. Can't be saying "we need to re-arrange this fixture against Woolwich because there is an NFL game the day before" or the like. I can't see it ever happening though,

It's not bad but I think he's under estimates the Red hot chilli peppers....
I wanna see the peppers!

That’s what we are saying. An entertainment business rather than a football team. Not surprised your first thought was movies rather than football.
no it's a copywriting/marketing decision. I was highlighting the point that coming at the end of the sentence didn't mean we were seen as bottom feeder as you were trying to say.

Oh, and when you watch the football, do you like to be 'entertained'? It's just semantics...

I can't understand why people are getting bent out of shape. If the seats are shit because it's designed for concerts, or the seats are far away from the pitch to allow for a running track then I kinda get the point that football is an afterthought. But it's simply not!

As long as there's no way the football club could ever be kicked out of the stadium whilst it remains open and makes ENIC money after, i don't really care if it's multi use or not.
At no point can it ever affect our fixtures though. Can't be saying "we need to re-arrange this fixture against Woolwich because there is an NFL game the day before" or the like. I can't see it ever happening though,

I wanna see the peppers!
It certainly doesn't affect our fixtures, quite the opposite in fact.

We had one of the Rugby finals (fuck knows which one) due to take place at our stadium in May.
It had to be moved to another venue because of the world cup and a later finish to the season.

Found it ;

The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will no longer host the 2023 European finals after scheduling issues forced a switch to the Aviva Stadium.

Dublin will now stage the showpiece events of the Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup next year on May 19 and May 20 respectively.

Tournament organisers have acted due to complications caused by the Premier League finishing later than usual because of the 2022 football World Cup, as well as the 2023 Rugby World Cup altering the sport's European calendar.

It's a toss up for me about who are the most annoying.....'Levy/ENIC' or the 'Levy/ENIC Out' brigade. If we were allowed to vote in the fantasy football world I'd probably opt for a change of ownership if for no other reason than its all becoming a tad stale now and it would be interesting to see how a devil we don't know might operate.

Tbh the 'levy out' protests are about as vociferous as the home support atm and corroborated by the Villain chants of "we forgot that you were here." Not against the protests but time and place are the order of the day and they would be better off camping as close to Dannyboy's doorstep possibleand disrupting his diary if they really want to have an impact.

All this lot are concerned about is shekels coming in, a fact borne out by the ridiculous tariffs currently being charged for food and drink in the stadium. Nearly £7 for tangy leaking beer and £10-£11 for a fecking burger....Yes! a fecking burger.

I looked at the price list and queried "£11 for a burger, are you sure? "She replied: "It is deer/venison." I said "Yeah, too fecking dear for me."

It certainly doesn't affect our fixtures, quite the opposite in fact.

We had one of the Rugby finals (fuck knows which one) due to take place at our stadium in May.
It had to be moved to another venue because of the world cup and a later finish to the season.

Found it ;

The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will no longer host the 2023 European finals after scheduling issues forced a switch to the Aviva Stadium.

Dublin will now stage the showpiece events of the Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup next year on May 19 and May 20 respectively.

Tournament organisers have acted due to complications caused by the Premier League finishing later than usual because of the 2022 football World Cup, as well as the 2023 Rugby World Cup altering the sport's European calendar.
As long as that always stays that way then I can't see how any one can say the football team isn't the no.1 fixture at the venue.

no it's a copywriting/marketing decision. I was highlighting the point that coming at the end of the sentence didn't mean we were seen as bottom feeder as you were trying to say.

Oh, and when you watch the football, do you like to be 'entertained'? It's just semantics...

I can't understand why people are getting bent out of shape. If the seats are shit because it's designed for concerts, or the seats are far away from the pitch to allow for a running track then I kinda get the point that football is an afterthought. But it's simply not!
Well if you care about being entertained then levy & enic aren’t for you. You must be playing on your phone when you watch us as it’s boring as hell most of the time.
You’re happy with no trophies & playing terrible football so I don’t know what it would take for you to get bent out of shape.
& I have no doubt that if levy put it a running track you would defend it. In fact he wanted a stadium with a running track in it. But then you will say that was just a move to help us stay where we are. So whatever they do you will say levy was lying to suit your support of him.

And again. Look at this

FlkZGyGX0AYXmzG

You do love a whinge!

Would you prefer the stadium sat empty with just Pete the security guard in the stadium for all but 3-4 days a month? What is the problem with this facility - built for spurs - generating money for Spurs with other events?

Honestly you get you knickers in a twist even about the positives. I don’t know what these events add to our transfer budget, maybe 5-20m a year, but you’d rather we didn’t add this money!? Not only are you not really a “supporter”, undermining the unity of the club, you’re also wholly irrational wanting to damage our prospects with less revenue. Have a long hard look in the mirror and ask: am I really that guy that ends up being bitter, undermining, and irrational?

Last edited:
So can you explain why the term was used . ? Is it ineptitude on their behalf ?

I do have a theory, THFC , is divided into lots of companies , from Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic , Tottenham Hotspur Properties , the Academy , Paxton7 & several others

Maybe , TH properties are the “ official “ owners & THFC are none rent paying tenants . Each company has to file its earnings , expenditure etc as they are separate entities regardless of being under the ENIC umbrella . It’s very convoluted, but that’s how business is. THFC & Athletic are the debt holders so I see no need for the term tenant to be used as we ( they ) are responsible for paying it back .
It’s very hard to find any of the companies assets regarding the stadium

Maybe it’s just that the companies/banks who put the dosh asked for the wording anchor tenant to be used

Thanks in advance for answering the first paragraph
Anchor tenant is just a sound bite to mean the first and key user of this facility. It is a poor term to use I agree, but it has quite a catchy PR ring to it. Or so someone thought who wrote it down once, not knowing they’d offend you and others who are looking for ammo.

But that is the politically correct world we live in. Say the wrong term and people online lose their shit. Seriously, get over it 😂

Back
Top Bottom