Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The revenue is undoubtedly higher from PL and CL monies, but when you treble your match day income it can only be a good thing.

The 2021/2022 Football Rich List (Updated March 2022):

9. Tottenham Hotspur – €445.7 million
A good run in the Champions League and a move to their new 62,000 stadium has seen Tottenham become London’s richest club after posting a record revenue figure in 2019. However, in 2020 Tottenham slipped a place as their revenue fell by €75m. while closed stadia dented valuable match day income. Their Broadcasting Revenue increases to a massive €276.7m but a closed brand new stadium hit seat revenue very hard.

Revenue breakdown –

Matchday Revenue: €107.7m
Broadcasting Revenue: €155.0m
Commercial Revenue: €183.0m

Estimated Value: €2.7 / $3 billion

No idea how accurate this is.

Edit :

United
Matchday Revenue: €98.8m
Broadcasting Revenue: €159.9m
Commercial Revenue: €321.7m

Liverpool
Matchday Revenue: €82.7m
Broadcasting Revenue: €232.5m
Commercial Revenue: €243.4m

Having 25m euros more per season, each and every season, over pool is massive. It may even be more than that.

Does anyone think we should possibly give a little bit of credit to Levy on this one?

As long as there's no way the football club could ever be kicked out of the stadium whilst it remains open and makes ENIC money after, i don't really care if it's multi use or not.
At no point can it ever affect our fixtures though. Can't be saying "we need to re-arrange this fixture against Woolwich because there is an NFL game the day before" or the like. I can't see it ever happening though,

I wanna see the peppers!
That is essentially what “anchor” means. Spurs are anchored to the stadium. Everything else happens around us. Which isn’t a lot of use. The stadium is in use how many times a month for our games?

Anchor tenant is just a sound bite to mean the first and key user of this facility. It is a poor term to use I agree, but it has quite a catchy PR ring to it. Or so someone thought who wrote it down once, not knowing they’d offend you and others who are looking for ammo.

But that is the politically correct world we live in. Say the wrong term and people online lose their shit. Seriously, get over it 😂
Where did they clarify this or is it just your interpretation ?

The latter… okay

Enjoy your evening … I’m in Budapest showing interest in buying a beer 😊

Well if you care about being entertained then levy & enic aren’t for you. You must be playing on your phone when you watch us as it’s boring as hell most of the time.
You’re happy with no trophies & playing terrible football so I don’t know what it would take for you to get bent out of shape.
& I have no doubt that if levy put it a running track you would defend it. In fact he wanted a stadium with a running track in it. But then you will say that was just a move to help us stay where we are. So whatever they do you will say levy was lying to suit your support of him.
Lies. For all the good, I can see many of his faults and mistakes he has made along the way, and continues to make. I’m far from happy. But make up your mind. One moment you bitch that it’s an ‘entertainment’ product, then bitch it’s not entertaining,

Highly unlikely bond holders would finance player purchases - these have short playing 'lives' (lets say 10 year playing careers at top) with a significant risk of poor purchases (see Ndombele, Lo Celso etc).

Bond holders very happy to invest in real estate which has much longer economic lives, low risk of failure, and a high degree of reliability to generate revenues to pay interest in the shirt term and repay capital in the longer term (average bond repayment is over 20 years) - some might well be funded from profits on sales of over 600 flats at south end of stadium
TBH, though, lending money for player purchases may be a bang up idea. Footballers are extremely depreciating assets, and the commodity of a highly volatile marketplace which very rarely actually provide any ROI and often disastrously fail to live up to their costs.

Couple months doling out loans to stupid chairmen and you're likely to end up owning a football club or 2 by default.

So why did the official site call us that ? Aidan Mullally put it in a club statement

““It is an NFL stadium and that’s the key message,” he said. “From the very start during the design phase, we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the US.””

Or is he just an idiot who doesn’t know the meanings of words ? You started you post with a false statement as to what the club has said. Why?
This is where the game of telephone goes off the rails. Let's back up to when Aiden Mullaly uttered the phrase. Here's a picture. He's the bloke on the left.

Shutterstock_10157084i.jpg

He wasn't issuing club statements. It wasn't a Tottenham event. He was speaking, live on stage in a semi-open forum, at an Advertising Week Europe - London event as an invited guest for a panel titled Touchdown for London: why US sports brands are investing in the capital.

So he's a marketing guy, at a panel centered on discussing primarily the NFL in London, speaking in an open discussion with no reference material before him. Was it a poor choice of words? Obviously. Was it an official club statement? Absolutely not.

Very simply, Spurs can't be a tenant of any kind because Tottenham Hotspur Limited, i.e. Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and its subsidiaries, owns Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The accounts of THL are published every year. There is, and never has been, any evidence of any money leaving the club. Even THST, tits on a boar that they are, had a crack at the books and failed.

The idea that ENIC are profiteering is ill-informed nonsense. Modern football is 90% revenue, look at the revenue tables and compare it to the final tables. Our one real shot came when we fucking choked the title away to Leicester...and we did choke the fucking title away. The squad we had was good enough.

Other than that and the Dippers year that was the product of an insane run of success in the transfer market (a rub of the green that's worn off now), the PL has been won by a club guilty of excessive financial doping or United's massive revenue stream every year for the past 19 seasons. In fact, only 5 times in the past 25 years has someone other than United, City, or Chelsea won the title...and 3 of those 5 occurred in the first 6 years of that period.

You shouldn't be protesting ENIC/Levy. You should be protesting PL/European football in total. The game is fucked. Levy is just the poor sot trying to win a game of Monopoly against a bunch of fuckers who keep printing their own money.

Last edited:
Other than that and the Dippers year that was the product of an insane run of success in the transfer market (a rub of the green that's worn off now), the PL has been won by a club guilty of excessive financial doping or United's massive revenue stream every year for the past 19 seasons. In fact, only 5 times in the past 25 years has someone other than United, City, or Chelsea won the title...and 3 of those 5 occurred in the first 6 years of that period.

You shouldn't be protesting ENIC/Levy. You should be protesting PL/European football in total. The game is fucked. Levy is just the poor sot trying to win a game of Monopoly against a bunch of fuckers who keep printing their own money.

Yo just a question, if Woolwich win the league are you just gonna add another "except for this time and this time and this time" in to it and continue to act like it's some impossibility orrrrrrrrrrrrr? Because that would be 3 times a non-oil money club had won a league in the last 7 years or so.

It's obviously hard. Big clubs win the most trophies, shock horror. This crybaby woe is us it's impossible there's no responsibility for our trophy drought on the owners attitude is so pathetic though. Other clubs have done it & will continue to do it. Even if it's not the Prem, Woolwich have won what, 4 FA cup's recently, beating the oil clubs in most of these finals?

People should protest ENIC/Levy because we should be giving ourselves the best chance of upsetting the odds, and the best chance isn't safety first owners focused on top 4 and nothing much else. They've had 20 years, they've stabilised the club & boosted our revenue, and utterly failed to deliver glory.

Time to hand over to owners who know how to run the football side of a football club and will go that extra mile to deliver us what the fans deserve, silverware and consistently half-decent football rather than the dirge we serve up of late.

Yo just a question, if Woolwich win the league are you just gonna add another "except for this time and this time and this time" in to it and continue to act like it's some impossibility orrrrrrrrrrrrr? Because that would be 3 times a non-oil money club had won a league in the last 7 years or so.

It's obviously hard. Big clubs win the most trophies, shock horror. This crybaby woe is us it's impossible there's no responsibility for our trophy drought on the owners attitude is so pathetic though. Other clubs have done it & will continue to do it. Even if it's not the Prem, Woolwich have won what, 4 FA cup's recently, beating the oil clubs in most of these finals?

People should protest ENIC/Levy because we should be giving ourselves the best chance of upsetting the odds, and the best chance isn't safety first owners focused on top 4 and nothing much else. They've had 20 years, they've stabilised the club & boosted our revenue, and utterly failed to deliver glory. Time to hand over to owners who know how to run the football side of a football club and will go that extra mile to deliver us what the fans deserve, silverware and consistently half-decent football rather than the dirge we serve up of late.
Enic's greatest success has been the brainwashing of our fanbase into accepting and being thankful for mediocrity

Thiinking of ourselves as the poor downtrodden victims/good guys battling against the nasty evil enemies

This is where the game of telephone goes off the rails. Let's back up to when Aiden Mullaly uttered the phrase. Here's a picture. He's the bloke on the left.

Shutterstock_10157084i.jpg

He wasn't issuing club statements. It wasn't a Tottenham event. He was speaking, live on stage in a semi-open forum, at an Advertising Week Europe - London event as an invited guest for a panel titled Touchdown for London: why US sports brands are investing in the capital.

So he's a marketing guy, at a panel centered on discussing primarily the NFL in London, speaking in an open discussion with no reference material before him. Was it a poor choice of words? Obviously. Was it an official club statement? Absolutely not.

Very simply, Spurs can't be a tenant of any kind because Tottenham Hotspur Limited, i.e. Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and its subsidiaries, owns Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The accounts of THL are published every year. There is, and never has been, any evidence of any money leaving the club. Even THST, tits on a boar that they are, had a crack at the books and failed.

The idea that ENIC are profiteering is ill-informed nonsense. Modern football is 90% revenue, look at the revenue tables and compare it to the final tables. Our one real shot came when we fucking choked the title away to Leicester...and we did choke the fucking title away. The squad we had was good enough.

Just an FYI. We don't call it 'telephone' in the UK. It's known as Chinese whispers.

Enic's greatest success has been the brainwashing of our fanbase into accepting and being thankful for mediocrity

Thiinking of ourselves as the poor downtrodden victims/good guys battling against the nasty evil enemies

Only a couple of years back I was very ENIC in. And I still recognise they're very canny on the business side and have done a lot of good when it comes to the building blocks of a stable club. But man am I fucking bored of treading water. It feels like we peaked under Poch due to the stars aligning but that's the absolute best it will ever get under these owners.

Idk, we're just a corporate husk. That's all I can really say. If you were someone from the outside looking in, what is our identity? It's probably just Son & Kane and not winning trophies but being decent enough to be top 6 every season. No definable style of play, no rep for developing youngsters now, not a cup run team. Just there.

And some fans & fine with that and will mutter 'be careful what you wish for' ad infinitum and that's absolutely fine because it definitely could be worse. But fucking hell football is meant to be about highs and lows and I'd rather risk being a bottom half side than accept being quite good but never good enough forever.

Who is that, then?

Also, Woolwich isn't beating City to the title.

Anyone like FSG would be good. Or owners willing to do what Woolwich have. Levy would've sacked Arteta after about a month & hired a short-term manager who would've played Saka & Martinelli a combined two times.

I'm also not arsed if we get taken over by a sugar daddy either. Morality is gone in the game & I find the 'we have the highground because we're doing it properly' stuff all pretty pathetic. I want to mostly enjoy Spurs play instead of being bored every week & watch us win an occasional trophy. Not bothered how it comes.

And I'm sure you said that about Leicester. They've got a serious shot, their only competition is City and they, like any side, have the odd off year where the focus goes.

Anyone like FSG would be good. Or owners willing to do what Woolwich have. Levy would've sacked Arteta after about a month & hired a short-term manager who would've played Saka & Martinelli a combined two times.

I'm also not arsed if we get taken over by a sugar daddy either. Morality is gone in the game & I find the 'we have the highground because we're doing it properly' stuff all pretty pathetic. I want to mostly enjoy Spurs play instead of being bored every week & watch us win an occasional trophy. Not bothered how it comes.

And I'm sure you said that about Leicester. They've got a serious shot, their only competition is City and they, like any side, have the odd off year where the focus goes.
Talking completely out of your arse. Levy has never really had a quick trigger with any manager. The managers he's sacked quickly (Santini, Nuno) 100% deserved it as they weren't up to the job and led to better things.

FSG get a whole lot of shine, but their net spend across their ownership averages out to the same per season as ENIC. In the past decade they've spent $9M more than Spurs. They had, again, an unrivaled string of success in the transfer market several years with practically zero busts and several cheapish buys that came well more than good. Just before Klopp turned things around and stopped being called Flopp, the Dippers were protesting loudly demanding FSG sell up.

The separation between us and Liverpool is 100% down to scouting and development. We bought players who underperformed their fees. They bought players that overperformed their fees. They turned Suarez into Coutinho into Saleh. We turned Bale into Lamela into Bergwijn.

If someone buys Spurs, it's almost certainly going to be another investment consortium. The petrol money prefers cheap clubs that can be slammed full of cash on the down low. Look at the history - Chelsea, City, PSG, Newcastle. None were expensive buys.

So all you get with ENIC out is another set of market investors who will put the club on a budget and focus on financials.

Last edited:
That is essentially what “anchor” means. Spurs are anchored to the stadium. Everything else happens around us. Which isn’t a lot of use. The stadium is in use how many times a month for our games?

People should protest ENIC/Levy because we should be giving ourselves the best chance of upsetting the odds, and the best chance isn't safety first owners focused on top 4 and nothing much else. They've had 20 years, they've stabilised the club & boosted our revenue, and utterly failed to deliver glory.

Time to hand over to owners who know how to run the football side of a football club and will go that extra mile to deliver us what the fans deserve, silverware and consistently half-decent football rather than the dirge we serve up of late.

Just out of curiosity why do we ‘deserve’ trophies, over fans of other teams? Just interested in the rationale.

Just out of curiosity why do we ‘deserve’ trophies, over fans of other teams? Just interested in the rationale.
High ticket prices will come up here I’d suggest. Don’t follow that argument myself, but it’s a big one for the disaffected.

The other thing in the message you quoted I wanted to comment on is “This crybaby woe is us it's impossible there's no responsibility for our trophy drought on the owners attitude is so pathetic though”.

I don’t know a single person who absolves the owners of all responsibility. Not one. Everyone who is “Pro ENIC” is very clear that the owners are responsible for us not winning trophies. As are the managers, staff and players.

It’s all “I’m not happy, so here’s a big frothing pint of hyperbole”. Posters on here do it all the time and their supporters grab on to these exaggerations and untruths as if they were carved in tablets of stone. As always, it just makes the more valid arguments seem a bit more meaningless.

You do love a whinge!

Would you prefer the stadium sat empty with just Pete the security guard in the stadium for all but 3-4 days a month? What is the problem with this facility - built for spurs - generating money for Spurs with other events?

Honestly you get you knickers in a twist even about the positives. I don’t know what these events add to our transfer budget, maybe 5-20m a year, but you’d rather we didn’t add this money!? Not only are you not really a “supporter”, undermining the unity of the club, you’re also wholly irrational wanting to damage our prospects with less revenue. Have a long hard look in the mirror and ask: am I really that guy that ends up being bitter, undermining, and irrational?

He probably hates it that it’s open to the community too, so the poor local kids can go and play there with the foundation for a bit of sunshine in their lives and escape from the drug gangs shooting up the area. Just because it’s not the team playing there.

It’s a multi use venue. That’s a good thing. So is the emirates, so is Wembley, so is Anfield, so is old Trafford. Anyone who doesn’t understand now is obviously just on the wind up.

Back
Top Bottom