Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we did a poll saying how successful will the next appointment be , ranging from very successful down to spectacular failure , I doubt many votes would be cast in the mildly successful to very successful range . Most would surely vote, not successful down to spectacular failure. Spectacular failure would be no trophies and yet another acrimonious, embarrassing departure

Based on success being defined by winning a trophy

Last edited:
Teflons choice of director of 'football' cannot even ref his children's kickabout in his back garden let alone search for a new manager.

How can teflon be so incompetent? I mean it's actually amazing when you think about it. I do believe he is taking his role seriously, I don't think he does this on purpose.

But it's staggering how dumb this cunt is when it comes to football.

Was thinking about this on the random today.

Is there something about the combination if increased willingness to spend higher transfer fees but not dramatically increase the wage bill that leads to signing the type of players that have previously failed?
The Ndombele's Lo Celso's Dav Sanchez (Hopefully not) Richy.

Almost like signing genuinely top players is more about wages than transfer fees. There is always an agent and club out there waiting to charge more for a plyer than they should cost.

Our best transfers are almost always mid to lower transfer fees because we aren't attempting to buy a top player but buying potential.
Our wage bill has increased dramatically since the stadium opened to fans.

Let’s look at revenue for the past 5 years when we’ve never been stronger.

Man City - 3.2bn
Liverpool - 2.9bn
Man United - 3.2bn
Chelsea - 2.55bn
Tottenham - 2.3 bn

If we IGNORE owner cash injections, then the additional revenue means…

City could spend 156m more than us every single season for the last 5 years.
Liverpool could spend 121m more than us every single season for the last 5 years.
Chelsea could spend 45.2m more than us every single season for the last 5 years. Plus owner cash injection
Man Utd could spend 176m more than us every single season for the last 5 years.

I don’t know how posters here cannot see the significant difference between us and the teams we hope to beat. Why don’t you cut us a bit of slack? They are still a long way ahead of us.

Nobody is demanding spending of that kind. What we are demanding is a sensible football strategy.

Saying you will return to Tottenham’s DNA and then hiring Nuno. That is the perfect example of Levy’s completely deranged thinking. Not only did we hire him, but the only attacking signing we gave him was the elfish Bryan Gil (at a cost of £25m + Lamela). How could that ever work?

Any football operation that makes those kinds of decisions is not fit for purpose. It all flows from Levy. He has no understanding of football as an actual sport.

Our wage bill has increased dramatically since the stadium opened to fans.

Yes it has. Unfortunately the quality of our squad has gone down since the stadium opened too. That is not how it’s supposed to work. We are paying more to watch much worse players than we had before.

Last edited:
Nobody is demanding spending of that kind. What we are demanding is a sensible football strategy.

Saying you will return to Tottenham’s DNA and then hiring Nuno. That is the perfect example of Levy’s completely deranged thinking. Not only did we hire him, but the only attacking signing we gave him was the elfish Bryan Gil (at a cost of £25m + Lamela). How could that ever work?

Any football operation that makes those kinds of decisions is not fit for purpose. It all flows from Levy. He has no understanding of football as an actual sport.

Nobody is demanding that kind of spending but they are demanding we compete with these teams on less spending.

I agree with the sensible football strategy point. I think we’ve been lacking there and need to hire coaches that can develop and improve players and create team systems that makes players better than the sum of their parts.

But I don’t know how you get from there to calling Levy’s thinking “complete deranged” and “not fit for purpose”. We’ve overperformed relative to our resources for 10 of the last 11 seasons. Levy has made our team better over 20 years and overseen the second best league run in our club’s history. We’ve reached a champions league final.

To say that this sustained track record of the team in such emotional, exaggerated tones is not balanced.

Why are u peddling these excuses? We’ve established out revenue is on par or greater than Goons/Chelsea yet they choose to outspend us.

Are you ok? Coz you were acting a right cunt tbh
Are you trolling?

You say we are projected to have higher revenue than Chelsea IN THE FUTURE but want that to mean we outspend them IN THE PAST?

Maybe take a break.

Daniel/Lewis could do one of two things A. Have patience and a coherent football vision policy or B. Subsidize the club cause they are billionaires and you can’t take it with you.

Woolich does A.

BlueScum (Roman A and Todd B.) and ManCity do B (actually City do A and B).

I would love an owner that does B. But Daniel/ENIC do neither which is why we’re a complete mess right now.

Woolich are showing that we clearly have the revenue to win silverware if Daniel knew what he was doing on the footballing side but he’s clueless and justly criticized for it.

Woolich have less revenue than us and are top of League now and have 4 FA Cups within the last decade. Because they have a coherent football vision and transfer/player development policy … and the patience to see it through. 3 mangers in what 20 years - Daniel has gone through 3 managers in the last three years - It’s a complete joke.
A year ago everyone was making fun of Woolwich and saying how shit Lego man is, as we were celebrating our 7th consecutive season of finishing above them. Nobody was saying we should emulate Woolwich.

They’ve won 1 FA Cup since having lower revenue than us. And they had higher revenue for at least 25 years before that and some of the best teams ever seen in England.

I agree with your point about having a better football vision. Trying to bring in “winners” like they have magic dust to sprinkle everywhere is ridiculous. Lots of people believe it but it’s ridiculous.

Nobody is demanding that kind of spending but they are demanding we compete with these teams on less spending.

I agree with the sensible football strategy point. I think we’ve been lacking there and need to hire coaches that can develop and improve players and create team systems that makes players better than the sum of their parts.

But I don’t know how you get from there to calling Levy’s thinking “complete deranged” and “not fit for purpose”. We’ve overperformed relative to our resources for 10 of the last 11 seasons. Levy has made our team better over 20 years and overseen the second best league run in our club’s history. We’ve reached a champions league final.

To say that this sustained track record of the team in such emotional, exaggerated tones is not balanced.

Do not give Levy too much credit for the last 10 years. Yes, he has managed the finances of the club well.

But on the football side it is the once in a generation miracle of Harry Kane exploding from our academy that has propelled us to the CL positions and kept us hovering thereabouts. Not football decisions that Levy has made. Aside from hiring Poch almost all his major sporting decisions in the last 10 years have failed, whether it’s managers or player transfers.

If Kane had turned out to be a player on the level of Jon Obika (ie a typical academy player), our ascension to the CL would have instead relied on goals produced by strikers such as Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Soldado, Llorente and Richarlison. Those that Levy has actually identified as goal scorers and paid money to sign. Do not give Levy more credit than he deserves.

Do not give Levy too much credit for the last 10 years. Yes, he has managed the finances of the club well.

But on the football side it is the once in a generation miracle of Harry Kane exploding from our academy that has propelled us to the CL positions and kept us hovering thereabouts. Not football decisions that Levy has made. Aside from hiring Poch almost all his major sporting decisions in the last 10 years have failed, whether it’s managers or player transfers.

If Kane had turned out to be a player on the level of Jon Obika (ie a typical academy player), our ascension to the CL would have instead relied on goals produced by strikers such as Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Soldado, Llorente and Richarlison. Those that Levy has actually identified as goal scorers and paid money to sign. Do not give Levy more credit than he deserves.
I understand your view now.

If it’s bad, it’s Levy.

If it’s good, it’s not Levy.

how can anyone defend this cunts now, we are shitshow
I’m at the point I look at ENIC fans like flat earthers. Just smile politely and make a mental note to get away from their stupidity ASAP. They’ve long ago decided their heads will never come out from under the sand they buried it in, so just let them be.

Back
Top Bottom