Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny how the Levy apologists always seem to ignore the facts and try and drag the debate down to a more base level isn't it? It's not that complicated really, lets put Daniel in the dock:

22 years for 1 mickey mouse cup
22 years with 15/16 managers
Last 4 years for 4 managers
517 days without an incoming transfer whilst arguably the best manager we have had pleaded for reinforcements
2 highest achieving managers out there unable to succeed under his watch
Sacking the best DoF there is in Mitchell
Sacking Martin Jol at half time.
Taking almost an entire transfer window to buy just 1 player
Asking too much for our deadwood
Endlessly taking gambles on unknown players and kids
Never successfully replacing Kyle Walker to this day
Rewarding himself for failure to the tune of 500k
Delivering a significantly late stadium opening....and rewarding himself for it
Putting ticket prices up significantly with no success to reward the supporters
Turning our stadium into a theme park for tourists
Constant lies, example saying how the next manager would bring football "the Tottenham way", i.e. attacking and entertaining football....then appointing Nuno
His inability to learn from a catalogue of mistakes , example missing out on Grealish for £25m (recommended by DoF Mitchell who later gave up on Levy
Being secretive by getting everyone at the club to sign a NDA, pointing to "dodgy" practises by him. Why?

I forgot; £250m of flops currently out on loan...

Now anybody that thinks that lot of facts leaves Levy in the clear, then they are either related or sycophants.

Last edited:
He said levy has done good things with the stadium and the business side, that is undeniable but, the hiring of managers, the scouting and every aspect of the football side have been poor.
I provided facts which suggest the opposite.

I don’t remember that being acknowledged.

I’m saying that without the miracle of Kane, Levy would never have been able to achieve consistent top 4. I don’t think this is an outlandish opinion. Levy’s lack of football savvy is there for the entire world to see.
You’re saying that when the structures at the club produce bad results then Levy should be held accountable.

You’re also saying when the structures at the club produce good results then levy shouldn’t receive the credit.

Luck is responsible for the good things and Levy is responsible for the bad things.

So your view is not balanced or fair. It’s biased.

Out of interest what would you do if Levy and Enic sold Tottenham and went and purchased another football club say Torino. Would you:
A. Continue to follow Tottenham
B. Become a Torino fan and stalk their forums extolling the virtue of Levy and Enic

I don’t deny the fact that we have overperformed relative to our resources. Of course we have. I think the reason for that is Harry Kane.

Another fact is that our wage bill has been getting higher and higher while the quality of our players has been getting worse and worse. Does Levy not deserve to take the heat for that?

Funny how the Levy apologists always seem to ignore the facts and try and drag the debate down to a more base level isn't it? It's not that complicated really, lets put Daniel in the dock:

517 days without an incoming transfer whilst arguably the best manager we have had pleaded for reinforcements
Constant lies, example saying how the next manager would bring football "the Tottenham way", i.e. attacking and entertaining football....then appointing Nuno
His inability to learn from a catalogue of mistakes , example missing out on Grealish for £25m (recommended by DoF Mitchell who later gave up on Levy
Being secretive by getting everyone at the club to sign a NDA, pointing to "dodgy" practises by him. Why?

Now anybody that thinks that lot of facts leaves Levy in the clear, then they are either related or sycophants.
Sacked Poch and we haven't got near the level since.
Looks like he might have hired a criminal in Paratici... depends on appeal and he's pretty good at talent ID but still a criminal pending appeal.
Hasn't secured naming rights for the stadium.

the balance being that he hired Poch and did build the stadium and training ground.

Pretty good property developer. Fucking terrible CEO of a football team.

I understand your view now.

If it’s bad, it’s Levy.

If it’s good, it’s not Levy.
Do you think it is different at any big corporation . It’s why PLCs have a chairman and a board of non execs , it’s partly so the CEO can be fired when things go badly . The CEO is financially rewarded for success and is ultimately responsible for failure . However Levy is handsomely rewarded irrespective, unless of course we accept the premise that success on the pitch is irrelevant as long as the money roles in. That is ultimately the ENIC model , profit first , second and third . ENIC supporters I assume are happy with that philosophy, i and many others are not .

Do you think it is different at any big corporation . It’s why PLCs have a chairman and a board of non execs , it’s partly so the CEO can be fired when things go badly . The CEO is financially rewarded for success and is ultimately responsible for failure . However Levy is handsomely rewarded irrespective, unless of course we accept the premise that success on the pitch is irrelevant as long as the money roles in. That is ultimately the ENIC model , profit first , second and third . ENIC supporters I assume are happy with that philosophy, i and many others are not .
You think the Mars family are sacked if people buy less chocolate next year?

I don’t know why you’re comparing a privately owned company with a PLC.

And none of that changes the question of who is responsible for the good and bad things which was the double standard being discussed.

Do not give Levy too much credit for the last 10 years. Yes, he has managed the finances of the club well.

But on the football side it is the once in a generation miracle of Harry Kane exploding from our academy that has propelled us to the CL positions and kept us hovering thereabouts. Not football decisions that Levy has made. Aside from hiring Poch almost all his major sporting decisions in the last 10 years have failed, whether it’s managers or player transfers.

If Kane had turned out to be a player on the level of Jon Obika (ie a typical academy player), our ascension to the CL would have instead relied on goals produced by strikers such as Bent, Pavlyuchenko, Soldado, Llorente and Richarlison. Those that Levy has actually identified as goal scorers and paid money to sign. Do not give Levy more credit than he deserves.

hell-to-the-yeah-yeah.gif

You’re saying that when the structures at the club produce bad results then Levy should be held accountable.

You’re also saying when the structures at the club produce good results then levy shouldn’t receive the credit.

Luck is responsible for the good things and Levy is responsible for the bad things.

So your view is not balanced or fair. It’s biased.

Levy isn't responsible for Harry Kane. It's a fluke. Our academy overall is mediocre, it isn't a particularly well run structure which regularly produces good players. If it was then you could credit Levy with developing that. As it is, Kane is an outlier to the norm, which is an academy which produces very little PL level talent compared to the other big academies.

Kane was a fluke. One ENIC has been dining out on his entire career, hence why I doubt we'll sell no matter what. And the best bit is we've wasted his career so ENIC can feast on the top 4 pie. And as for replacing him? Fuck, it's gonna be 0 goal Richarlison isn't it ..

Sacked Poch and we haven't got near the level since.
Looks like he might have hired a criminal in Paratici... depends on appeal and he's pretty good at talent ID but still a criminal pending appeal.
Hasn't secured naming rights for the stadium.

the balance being that he hired Poch and did build the stadium and training ground.

Pretty good property developer. Fucking terrible CEO of a football team.
I forgot about the naming rights fiasco - thanks for reminding me. Yeah good businessman, worst possible CEO for a football club.

Levy isn't responsible for Harry Kane. It's a fluke. Our academy overall is mediocre, it isn't a particularly well run structure which regularly produces good players. If it was then you could credit Levy with developing that. As it is, Kane is an outlier to the norm, which is an academy which produces very little PL level talent compared to the other big academies.

Kane was a fluke. One ENIC has been dining out on his entire career, hence why I doubt we'll sell no matter what. And the best bit is we've wasted his career so ENIC can feast on the top 4 pie. And as for replacing him? Fuck, it's gonna be 0 goal Richarlison isn't it ..
Do you know how hysterical you sound?

Very consistent though - anything bad is down to Levy, anything good is down to luck.

+++stat attack+++

Our new state of the art(c) training facilities and world class academy tm.

Have failed to provide a single first team player since we moved there.

Do you know how hysterical you sound?

Very consistent though - anything bad is down to Levy, anything good is down to luck.

Yeah, I'm the one who sounds hysterical in here. Levy takes responsibility for good things he had anything to do with. I'll credit Levy with the stadium (which is great) & a lot of factors related to our revenue growth and general stability. I won't credit him with Harry Kane emerging because he had absolutely fuck all to do with it.

I assume Levy will now be taking responsibility for also hiring a fraud at DoF who is now being banned by FIFA worldwide, right? So that's a fraud, criminal director of football operations hired, and a manager paid 15m a year hired so he can shit on the club and we can instead have his fucking assistant run the team.

Wake the fuck up.

TLDR...all you have to say is that Levy is a cunt, we all know what he's fucking done...

What did you type in to Google all of these?

Back
Top Bottom