Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's where I draw the distinction.

If the claim is that Spurs should have accomplished the things City and Chelsea have accomplished (11 PL titles, 2 European Cups, 2 Europa Leagues, 7 FA Cups and 9 League Cups between them), then that's totally unreasonable and fails to properly weigh the reality that those clubs have done what they've done using financial backing beyond what even the immensely wealthy ENIC is capable of.

If the claim is that City and Chelsea's emergence as super clubs forgives Spurs' TOTAL trophy drought when the clubs own failures have been manifest, the club de-emphasizes competing in the "lesser" cups while selling fans and media on its managerial hires as "trophy-winning", in objective and in-arguable terms spends less of its turnover on its squad than ANY peer club in Europe and for good measure CHOSE to join the breakaway ESL project alongside City and Chelsea rather than standing with the game and structure and competitions that petro-doping has poisoned, then, well, I'm afraid I can't agree.

In general, rich clubs win and winning clubs get rich. But in ABSOLUTELY EVERY INSTANCE WHATSOEVER that there has been tension between making money and winning football competitions, Daniel Levy has explicitly, unambiguously and aggressively chosen the latter, and on the very rare occasions during which any reflection on that is provided for public consumption we are fed lies and bullshit whose contempt glows white-hot on the surface.

Daniel Levy's values are as clear as day to anyone who cares to see them. That might be forgivable in the presence of a well-laid and zealously executed plan to bring the competitive success that is the reason a football club exists. We don't have that, and more and more people seem to be awakening to that reality. I suspect those ranks will swell much further in the next 18 months.
I can agree with all of this at this point.

A poster who is a French guy living somewhere else in the world who has seemingly has no real relationship with Tottenham Hotspur.

andy-samberg-brooklyn-nine.gif

If there was ever a case for a digital nomad doing a bit of subbing as a Levy bot this is your man.

It’s an incredible daily effort to sing the praises of the Don Levy among the many voices shouting Levy out
If he carries on talking to people like he does, then someone will fold him in half.

You spend a few minutes each day on this thread criticising the club owners and their fans yet a poster who comes on here who continually praises the club owners is a 'Troll' 😆

Your logic is well and truly dumb reasonable
There you go mate.

:dierpochhug:

A little bit of context goes a long way, doesn't it

A poster who is a French guy living somewhere else in the world who has seemingly has no real relationship with Tottenham Hotspur.

If there was ever a case for a digital nomad doing a bit of subbing as a Levy bot this is your man.

It’s an incredible daily effort to sing the praises of the Don Levy among the many voices shouting Levy out

I'd say he's about as French as Al Murray. And as interested in Spurs as Joe Lewis

Last edited:
ffs Read the conversation, you're just the latest in line to twist the debate into a narrative of what you want it to read

This was the original quote he was replying to

Only Chelsea and City have surpassed us in that time which was his response therefore we are the 6th most successful club in England

Look:

Look:

Look:

Christ man, this has been ongoing for days, just quit - such a dumb debate :D
Only Chelsea and City have surpassed us in that time which was his response therefore we are the 6th most successful club in England

Is this the millenium version of Chelsea, that could have been avoided, and the trophies won by them during the Chelski years could be filling the empty THFC trophy cabinet?

:levylol:

I suppose we wouldn't have the best paid chairman in the league charging the highest ticket prices in the world if Levy had done the right thing at that point though......

Phew.

But it is....levy's job is to get the right people in to at least compete with the other top EPL teams. He has consistently failed to do this. The money needed to get the right players in is rarely spent and when it is it's on the wrong players because the scouting department isn't very good (again people employed by levy). If you going to use stats to back up your weak case to defend enic, you should only use stats for the last 22 years.
Also no one is disputing the infrastructure is worse, it's very good but, ask any spurs fans if they would swap the stadium for a bucket load of trophies and the answer is yes.
1 trophy in 22 years isn't good enough
Thé post you quoted gave the fact that we have overperformed relative to our resources in 10 out of the last 12 years. You are frustrated because you’d like us to do better - but that will always be true. If you are given a metre you will want two… if you’re given 10 metres, you’ll want 12.

Anything you say about Levy’s management of the footballing side will always bang its head against the fact we have done better on the pitch than our resources say we should. So we are doing an effective job on the pitch.

Thé post you quoted gave the fact that we have overperformed relative to our resources in 10 out of the last 12 years. You are frustrated because you’d like us to do better - but that will always be true. If you are given a metre you will want two… if you’re given 10 metres, you’ll want 12.

Anything you say about Levy’s management of the footballing side will always bang its head against the fact we have done better on the pitch than our resources say we should. So we are doing an effective job on the pitch.
We see you Donna

I’ve worked for the club before. I’ve done more for THFC than you have.

I’m not a nomad but I have lived outside of Essex before …in multiple countries.

Perhaps we should deal with the points?

Levy's position is becoming untenable with Paratici's saga still going on. Joe Lewis should sack both now.
Paratici is the only one who has any clue what he is doing.

Lewis should sack Levy; make Paratici Chairman and he could hire a DoF and hand him his contacts book.

Levy's position is becoming untenable with Paratici's saga still going on. Joe Lewis should sack both now.
He will have to pay the maggot a billion or so, or force him to stand down as CEO. Don’t see either happening

What’s more likely to work is a terror campaign on Levy that sees him drive the sale of his stake, or persuades Lewis to buy him out

Paratici is the only one who has any clue what he is doing.
Paratici won't resign and leave Spurs, that will mean admission to the charges which he denies.

I am concerned if Levy doesn't sack Paratici now because that may make people question the Juve to Spurs players signings which were done by Paratici employed at our club.

Paratici won't resign and leave Spurs, that will mean admission to the charges which he denies.

I am concerned if Levy doesn't sack Paratici now because that may make people question the Juve to Spurs players signings which were done by Paratici employed at our club.
If Levy is being nobbled, which is looking more and more of a possibility to me, that will happen anyway.

All these 'loan' deals were suspect in the first place.

Paratici has brought better players to Spurs.

As a Spurs supporter I respect that and little else.

Everyone involved in professional football transfers has 'dirty hands' as far as i'm concerned.

Spurs should stand by Paratici.

Seems to be a few people wanting to practice their Origami skills on you

Back
Top Bottom