Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My mate from the press is hearing rumblings of mass layoffs over at Spurs HQ. Entire scouting and recruitment dept, medical team, coaching and conditioning staff….the lot. Potentially even player contracts being terminated.

Makes we wonder how much $$$ will be available for squad improvements!
Good, the medical department in particular has LONG needed an overhaul, lots of power politics at play there.

Why are people thinking Rice would come here after we finish 8th🤔🙄
He wants Champs league football. He may go to Woolwich now but I guarantee he wouldn't when they finished 8th.

We are stocked in CM & have far more pressing needs.
If we are gonna spend in CM we need to find the next 'Rice' at a lower price.

Pressure on Enic now to get the right dof & manager in place.
It may take time to build a team to take things forward again.
The worry I guess is that we stall around 7th or 8th for a while.
However with the right people & transfers we can still push for Champs league nxt season.

Why are people thinking Rice would come here after we finish 8th🤔🙄
He wants Champs league football. He may go to Woolwich now but I guarantee he wouldn't when they finished 8th.

We are stocked in CM & have far more pressing needs.
If we are gonna spend in CM we need to find the next 'Rice' at a lower price.

Pressure on Enic now to get the right dof & manager in place.
It may take time to build a team to take things forward again.
The worry I guess is that we stall around 7th or 8th for a while.
However with the right people & transfers we can still push for Champs league nxt season.

Rice won't come.

But he's what we need.

A fulcrum.

Bellingham is the one Madrid have decided is their choice.

You need that player.

Rice won't come.

But he's what we need.

A fulcrum.

Bellingham is the one Madrid have decided is their choice.

You need that player.
i rate rice highly, see him live against us in the league cup a couple years back and even tho they lost he was best player on the pitch imo by some distance. not sure we should be putting that money into another CM when we have BIG issues at the back. our midfield is quite decent once bentancur is back. bent/biss/sarr/PEH/skipp. thats a decent bit of depth in that position. bissouma i think is top notch, bentancur can be unplayable on his day, i think sarr has real potential and hopefully will kick on next year, PEH you know what you get and despite the shit he gets on here he is a valuable squad player. skipp aint exactly a world beater, but for 5th choice hes probably as good a 5th choice as youll get.

as good as rice is, is he that much better than bentancur and bissouma to warrant dumping 100m into him when we have a championship level defence?

Talking about signing Declan Rice for £100m when we have a stacked midfield of similar players and our defence has conceded over 60 goals this season is very on brand in this thread, just people speaking absolute shit without any critical thinking whatsoever.

Talking about signing Declan Rice for £100m when we have a stacked midfield of similar players and our defence has conceded over 60 goals this season is very on brand in this thread, just people speaking absolute shit without any critical thinking whatsoever.
One of the reasons we’ve conceded so many is because our CM is so poor. Not the only one, clearly Dier and Lloris are also at fault but to even think our CM is ok is madness. Also, I would imagine we spend c.300M this summer, we have to…. So Rice is just a. Third of that

We should bid 100m for Declan.

That should be our signing. And build from him.

Its not rocket science.
He won't come to a mess of a club and no chance of silverware.
Spurs wouldn't pay the asking price and he will get double wages somewhere else .
The same with Madison .
You might as well stick it up your arse and set it on fire if you think we can attract such players.

i our midfield is quite decent once bentancur is back. bent/biss/sarr/PEH/skipp. thats a decent bit of depth in that position. bissouma i think is top notch, bentancur can be unplayable on his day, i think sarr has real potential and hopefully will kick on next year, PEH you know what you get and despite the shit he gets on here he is a valuable squad player. skipp aint exactly a world beater, but for 5th choice hes probably as good a 5th choice as youll get.

as good as rice is, is he that much better than bentancur and bissouma to warrant dumping 100m into him when we have a championship level defence?
Our midfield is shit , it can't control games , has no flair and bores the pants off any Vicar .
Bent is the only decent player and many here exaggerate how brilliant he is .

He won't come to a mess of a club and no chance of silverware.
Spurs wouldn't pay the asking price and he will get double wages somewhere else .
The same with Madison .
You might as well stick it up your arse and set it on fire if you think we can attract such players.
You're actually correct.
But as one of the top 10 richest clubs in the world, and an unrivalled £400milion+ of FFP allowance at our disposal, it's a fucking travesty and piss take that you are correct.

We'll spend the summer sniffing around the bargain aisles, trying to rape and pillage the relegated clubs, and looking for safe, risk free loan yo buy options rather than flexing our financial muscle and making the decisive, statement signings we need.

The ENIC way . The Losers way.

Always has been. Always will be.

Last edited:
Bardi on latest Extra Inch just said he thinks Levy walks this summer…. I agree. Will retain some ownership but won’t be employed by the club in the next three months, will be a new CEO. I think he will stay and secure manager, DOF and potentially CEO too and then hand it over

He’s a disaster and even he must realised it’s done. He’s quite simply, shit and he knows it. It’s not just poor transfers, it’s all of it.

Windy thinks otherwise but he’s generally clueless and the limp, leftie wank flannel is still anchored on an outright sale being the only possibly change

One of the reasons we’ve conceded so many is because our CM is so poor. Not the only one, clearly Dier and Lloris are also at fault but to even think our CM is ok is madness. Also, I would imagine we spend c.300M this summer, we have to…. So Rice is just a. Third of that
Unbelievable that, some people can't see the issue is the midfield offers no protection.
He would be the sort of signing that makes a difference, but fortunately we won't have to worry as he won't come here.
He is leaving a club that, generally doesn't win anything, no chance he moves to another one.
Not sure the club will, spend that amount, I reckon around 100m all in , especially without CL.

Bardi on latest Extra Inch just said he thinks Levy walks this summer…. I agree. Will retain some ownership but won’t be employed by the club in the next three months, will be a new CEO. I think he will stay and secure manager, DOF and potentially CEO too and then hand it over

He’s a disaster and even he must realised it’s done. He’s quite simply, shit and he knows it. It’s not just poor transfers, it’s all of it.

Windy thinks otherwise but he’s generally clueless and the limp, leftie wank flannel is still anchored on an outright sale being the only possibly change
can't see him leaving the CEO post, getting in DoF and manager then pushing Football side away (aka BHA) he might be ble to do that, but he is a control freak (maybe not his fault) he needs to understand he has to move away its not easy but he has to force himself

Dunno how much they will spend. I think 300m may be pushing it? Tbh It depends on the outgoings & if they finally sell on the stadium naming rights could certainly go big.
However the time to sell them was when we had Champs league.
Think there is still some quality that could be picked up from the relegated clubs.
Also if Slot gets it maybe the Dutch league?

Even if Levy moves to the side to save face and appoints a football chairman nothing will change .
He will set all policy and they will have to work with a host of restrictions set by ENIC.
We are fucked to we are free of these cunts

Found this list of current squad costs in the league & at the moment we are slightly underperforming though not by much tbf.

I read Levy wants to follow the Brighton/Brentford model. Hardly surprising they are very well run & are over performing massively.
I'm sure most clubs would!!

1. Chelsea – €1.01billion
2. Man City – €960.6million
3. Man United – €876.2million
4. Liverpool – €709.05million
5. Woolwich – €531.5million
6. Newcastle – €458.95million
7. Tottenham – €390.3million
8. West Ham – €379.7million
9. Leicester – €362.1million
10. Wolves – €353.9million
11. Aston Villa –€341.6million