Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you for putting across your point of view respectfully.

I have definitely been condescending in the past. Sometimes I have done that out of frustration but mostly when I get insulted abused. If I put in time to explain my view fairly and clearly and then I get “levy cuntbot” comments on response… I don’t always reply with the respect that is most productive. Let’s face it, people condescend themselves when they make dumb comments.

But it is always retaliatory and I don’t think anyone can say they’ve been more patient in trying to engage on this divisive issue or out across the evidence and reasons for their view.

Ultimately we’re all spurs here and there should be more that unites us than divides us.
I agree with the notion that, we are all spurs fans etc.
I think you are, by the way you write, a clever fella, you probably have degrees and masters coming out your arse.
But I don't need, any qualifications to see that, our chairman and board are pulling the pants down of ALL supporters.
And that is something, that surely all of us can see, we are not being geared towards success only eventual sale.

There are about 5 or 6 Levy In posters who have posted regularly - Get in! Get in! , AberdeenYid AberdeenYid , le grand coq le grand coq , LeParisien LeParisien , stevee stevee maybe scarletjim scarletjim … these posters all appeal to reason and evidence rather than entrenched positions. Is there anyone I’m forgetting in my bias? They’re clearly some of the posters more comfortable developing an argument.

Only arguable one is professional contrarian Shadydan Shadydan who is ENIC out but argues with everyone.

There are maybe 15/16 regular posters who are ENIC Out and maybe 2 or 3 of those who appeal to reason and evidence. The rest dismissively say the time for discussion has passed or cherry pick the contextual factors that help their argument whilst brazenly ignoring others. That’s not fair.

So yes, your characterisation is a false equivalence.

And to be absolutely clear it is possible to be ENIC out by appealing to evidence and reason and you have expressed yourself very well.

Ultimately if this has turned into a kind of frustrating politics then it’s because most people are not engaging in good faith. On that we agree. But it’s not really both sides - if this is going to be useful we need both sides to agree to the kind of discourse you promote.
Exactly. I'm am not even particularly Enic in tbh. They may have taken the club as far as they can? I just don't think they are destroying the club like many seem to say.

So just pointing out that they have not been the catastrophic failure that many of the shouty 'entitled' lot constantly make out.

They have done an absolute fantastic job with the stadium & training ground. FACT

They have been successful in maintaining our position as a top 8 club in an increasingly tough football landscape where other similar sized clubs have struggled. FACT

Negative. They have not been as successful as we wanted in the cups.

It's not rocket science.

Last edited:
He’s probably going to turn an investment from ENIC of less than £100m into £3b +.

Incredible piece of business in an industry where football clubs regularly fail.
Just a really fundamentally unserious interpretation.

I don't know what you mean by "fail", but every club that was anywhere near Spurs peer at the absolute nadir of the Sugar era remains a massively valuable and thriving business. They'd all be billion pound assets.

The Premier League was a very good investment for ENIC, as it was for everyone else who has been involved. The collective TV rights make up almost the entirety of the boom in valuation.

But, it is also true that infrastructure and transfer market shrewdness and other investments saw Spurs speed away from the likes of Everton, Villa and West Ham in the first two decades of Levy's leadership. Up towards the financial levels of Woolwich, Liverpool, even United.

Villa are back in Europe under better capitalized ownership than ENIC and are expanding Villa Park. Everton will survive to enter their gleaming new money-spinning stadium as a PL side. West Ham might win a European trophy in 10 days time.

And we've re-detached from the top of the division in revenue terms after scratching and clawing our way to parity over a 20 year period.

The competition doesn't end when you have a momentary advantage. The re-Sugar-ization is upon us.

Exactly. I'm am not even particularly Enic in tbh. They may have taken the club as far as they can? I just don't think they are destroying the club like many seem to say.

So just pointing out that they have not been the catastrophic failure that many of the shouty 'entitled' lot constantly make out.

They have done an absolute fantastic job with the stadium & training ground. FACT

They have been successful in maintaining our position as a top 8 club in an increasingly tough football landscape where other similar sized clubs have struggled. FACT

Negative. They have not been as successful as we wanted in the cups.

It's not rocket science, if you have half a brain you can see that.

Unfortunately many on here don't even seem to have half a brain.

I respect your point of view but there was no need for the last sentence

If that’s really how you feel why come on the Forum?

They have not been successful 'in the cups' full stop. They have overseen one success winning one cup many years ago. My daughter was 18 months old when we won it. She's now studying for her A levels.
Yep you can't downplay how bad they have been.
Anyone with half a brain can see , success is in short supply under ENIC.

I don't know what you mean by "fail", but every club that was anywhere near Spurs peer at the absolute nadir of the Sugar era remains a massively valuable and thriving business. They'd all be billion pound assets.

The Premier League was a very good investment for ENIC, as it was for everyone else who has been involved. The collective TV rights make up almost the entirety of the boom in valuation.

But, it is also true that infrastructure and transfer market shrewdness and other investments saw Spurs speed away from the likes of Everton, Villa and West Ham in the first two decades of Levy's leadership. Up towards the financial levels of Woolwich, Liverpool, even United.

Villa are back in Europe under better capitalized ownership than ENIC and are expanding Villa Park. Everton will survive to enter their gleaming new money-spinning stadium as a PL side. West Ham might win a European trophy in 10 days time.

And we've re-detached from the top of the division in revenue terms after scratching and clawing our way to parity over a 20 year period.

The competition doesn't end when you have a momentary advantage. The re-Sugar-ization is upon us.
I think in some ways this is a decent well thought out post & sums up people's frustration.

What I will say is that you are incredibly premature in saying Villa, Everton & West Ham will overtake us.

If they do for a SUSTAINED period you can point the finger.

But if we take off the Spurs specs ,
You can legitimately say
Villa & Everton are similar size clubs to us.

So why shouldn't they be able to compete with us?

Just like if we remove the same specs we can probably legitimately say
Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich are bigger clubs so why should we be able to compete with them?

West Ham are nowhere near as big as any of the traditional big 6 clubs above.

They just lucked out coz they were given a free fkin stadium.

Last edited:
I'm not disputing poor decisions were made.

I'm simply looking at the whole picture & how football has evolved.

We still maintained a decent league position. FACT

Everton a similar sized club to us have not even made top 10 since Carlo. They are in danger of relegation ffs. They have a genuine reason to cry.

I agree we are in a slump but in the grand scheme of things it's not anywhere near as horrendous as people on here make out.

Sure it's disappointing but get a grip & some genuine perspective ffs 🙄.
You forgot Spurs haven't 'done a Leeds'.

God bless Levy & ENIC for saving us from that.

8th then. This is where they came in and should be when they go. If it were a 1 or even 2 season blip then not an issue but this has been brewing for for 5 years. Unlikely to get better anytime soon with Son looking fit for the knackers yard and the Kane situation. They'll cling on but they really should be putting the club up for sale or at least we should be seeing some boardroom resignations.

There are about 5 or 6 Levy In posters who have posted regularly - Get in! Get in! , AberdeenYid AberdeenYid , le grand coq le grand coq , LeParisien LeParisien , stevee stevee maybe scarletjim scarletjim … these posters all appeal to reason and evidence rather than entrenched positions. Is there anyone I’m forgetting in my bias? They’re clearly some of the posters more comfortable developing an argument.

Only arguable one is professional contrarian Shadydan Shadydan who is ENIC out but argues with everyone.

There are maybe 15/16 regular posters who are ENIC Out and maybe 2 or 3 of those who appeal to reason and evidence. The rest dismissively say the time for discussion has passed or cherry pick the contextual factors that help their argument whilst brazenly ignoring others. That’s not fair.

So yes, your characterisation is a false equivalence.

And to be absolutely clear it is possible to be ENIC out by appealing to evidence and reason and you have expressed yourself very well.

Ultimately if this has turned into a kind of frustrating politics then it’s because most people are not engaging in good faith. On that we agree. But it’s not really both sides - if this is going to be useful we need both sides to agree to the kind of discourse you promote.
Fucking hell, one bubble , one sweaty , 2 pomme frittes, one plastic paddy and bollocks knows what the last one is .
Enic's little gang of misfit shit cakes.
Levy's welcome to them

8th place finish

A season of real overachievement

Incredible to see how far we've come under ENIC

a469J3zB_700w_0.jpg

Look at the original football clubs in the premier league. They all had the same opportunity spurs had. Are they all doing that well as businesses?

Come back to me on that.

From the same start ENIC and levy have made a lot more money for themselves and a number of associated business.
A simple walk down the high road will confirm that to you.

And Villa? Everton and West Ham. You are serious in saying they are currently in a similar financial situation to us?? Please……

This thread always makes me laugh with some of the clubs we get compared to.

A few years ago it was Leicester, now look at them.

Yesterday we were getting compared to Newcastle under Mike Ashley.

This season all i've read is how we should be copying Brighton and Brentford models.

Now I'm reading about Villa, Everton and West Ham... fucking hell. West Ham who have had an absolutely horrendous season making themselves look good in a competition up against absolute minnows whilst spending £50m on Paqueta for example and finishing 14th.

Fair point 👍
What I probably should have said is that many don't seem to emply the logical side of their brain very often & are just constantly posting from the emotional side.

Or you could have said that you don’t agree with them, explain why and then call whoever you’re addressing a cunt!

We like that

LeParisien LeParisien has settled in nicely!

Back
Top Bottom