Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Explain how I am simple?
I am just using logic.
Look at the silverware/league tables & history.
Woolwich are the 3rd biggest/most successful club in the Country behind Liverpool & Man U.

All those clubs are a long way Infront of us when it comes to silverware. FACT

We are the 7th most successful club in the Country between Everton & Villa. Another FACT

So using logic/history & expectation would you not say 6th for them is similar to 8th for us?

Liverpool finished 5th this year so would you not agree it's a poor season for them?
Here's a fact mon petite Spock: ENIC have had almost fuck all to do with our success when it comes trophies. They've owned us for much of the 21st century so far and we've obtained the lowest hanging fruit under their watch.

We do have a rich history and their part in it is, frankly, pitiful. They replay that CL semi-final - which is our one great (but ultimately unsuccessful) night - relentlessly because we've been barren for so long.

They have a guy who's well on his way to being crowned the greatest ever striker on record in English football, with an incredible talent like Son at his side, and given them so many mid-table (at best) players as team mates.

They've burnt through managers like a newb with a half-stuffed rizzla.

They've fluffed their lines. They've shat the bed. They've spunked wads of cash like the brainless offspring of billionaires.

Like a few ENIC in folk on here, they're not as clever as they think they are.

You really don't understand reality do you?
Of course it's a new football world.
Take away the new wealth & under enic we are probably the 4th biggest team behind Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.
Do you not see that Chelsea, Man City & now Newcastle have changed things old boy?
No I do, I've been here long enough to know money only serves as a short term solution because football is about what happens on the pitch which is determined by coaching etc etc etc. Money buys lots of things but in football it will be your manager who brings the football or trophies you desire.

Have Newcastle spent massively to reach the cl - well no! Have city continued to spend? Chelsea and Woolwich have but have failed to reach their objectives.

A well run football club, which we are clearly not anymore, does not rely on money, it requires intelligent investment from time to time but once everything is in place....

We have failed to invest at times and when we have invested, have invested poorly. We are where we are after years of solid miss investment.

But good luck with your reality, feel free to make it up as you go along.

Here's a fact mon petite Spock: ENIC have had almost fuck all to do with our success when it comes trophies. They've owned us for much of the 21st century so far and we've obtained the lowest hanging fruit under their watch.

We do have a rich history and their part in it is, frankly, pitiful. They replay that CL semi-final - which is our one great (but ultimately unsuccessful) night - relentlessly because we've been barren for so long.

They have a guy who's well on his way to being crowned the greatest ever striker on record in English football, with an incredible talent like Son at his side, and given them so many mid-table (at best) players as team mates.

They've fluffed their lines. They've shat the bed. They've spunked wads of cash like the brainless offspring of billionaires.

Great post

💯

And look, once again didn't take long for the emotional reaction and the personal shit to come out did it lol, all because your shit argument got easily rebutted, how about next time don't ask a stupid question or perhaps just do your research :thumbup:
To be fair, he’d just been dumped. Attempted to show he was coping ok with the “both realised at the same time” thing. But in the cold light of day, it was me that fired the bullet first and it’s never nice to know that it’s all over. Hope he finds happiness with another.

But yes, a fucking stupid question in the first place. And one that was asked just to try to score cheap points. But failed miserably.

Explain how I am simple?
I am just using logic.
Woolwich are the 3rd biggest/most successful club in the Country behind Liverpool & Man U.

We are the 7th most successful club in the Country between Everton & Villa. Another FACT

So using logic/history & expectation would you not say 6th for them is similar to 8th for us?

Liverpool finished 5th this year so would you not agree it's a poor season for them?
Your not using logic, your picking and choosing figures and ignoring ones you don't like.

I somehow doubt you would fit into the Russell school of logic with some of your utter jiber jabber.

You talk about spending huge amounts, oil money and changing landscape. Well city won the league with having no net spend last year just a very good manager, Newcastle got cl without a spend significantly different from ours. Liverpool have spent less than us over the years, just left it to klopp. then we look at west ham and Everton????? Apparently you neither understand logic or football .....

As a general rule of thumb historicism and logic don't go hand in hand, as one is based on inference, the other on picking an choosing whatever floats your boat...piketty...

How am I supposed to take that statement with a straight face?
If you can list the clubs you were talking about then that would be very handy.

Who were our peers that you are cherry picking?
London clubs? Clubs with a similar trophy history?

Clubs that had won the league within the kart decade? Clubs that would win the league in the next decade?

Cherry pick all you like. Nobody else has build a brand (and property empire) the way ENIC have.

They are now in a position where football doesn’t really matter as much as it does to other teams around them.

Think levy has even said in the past CL football is not something they account for as a necessary to balance the books.

Love the first one. 13 years since no Euro football. So no credit for the previous years when the club were in Europe then?

And also the Women’s Team Manager vacancy being used? Almost certainly by someone who couldn’t name the manager who lost their job to make this vacancy a thing in the first place.

Jonny H seems to be a bit of a weapon.

Love the first one. 13 years since no Euro football. So no credit for the previous years when the club were in Europe then?

And also the Women’s Team Manager vacancy being used? Almost certainly by someone who couldn’t name the manager who lost their job to make this vacancy a thing in the first place.

Think it’s supposed to be a light hearted jibe, chill out Donna you Premenstrual old granny

Explain how I am simple?
I am just using logic.

Who the fuck do ya think you are attempting to lecture everyone.

Go away

For a club of our size that should be a minimum requirement
So what, does not alter the fact that it is true.

Come on you know this season has been a disaster , and you know that the current manager search is a mess.
You also know that unless things happen quickly next season will be a mess too.

You can ridicule the messenger but the message still stays the same.

le grand coq le grand coq what u think maybe we win league if mr levy head coach sorry me english not vary good what if make tottingnum stadium called queen B stadium in honor of Beyonce vary good singer

Maybe raize ticket prices too cos Levy best owner in PrEm league and Spurs fan very greedy

For a club of our size that should be a minimum requirement

So what, does not alter the fact that it is true.

Come on you know this season has been a disaster , and you know that the current manager search is a mess.
You also know that unless things happen quickly next season will be a mess too.

You can ridicule the messenger but the message still stays the same.
A disaster would be relegation. This season was a mess and well under what I’d hope for from the club, but not a disaster. And we still have the squad that finished top four last season. Some a bit older, some a bit more experienced. Don’t think things are as bad as many portray. Maybe I just choose to see the positives.

But yes. No manager and no DoF is a shitshow right now. Just think that no Women’s Team Manager is scraping the barrel a bit.

Surprised he didn't say something about Beyonce, that's a classic one.

No I do, I've been here long enough to know money only serves as a short term solution because football is about what happens on the pitch which is determined by coaching etc etc etc. Money buys lots of things but in football it will be your manager who brings the football or trophies you desire.

Have Newcastle spent massively to reach the cl - well no! Have city continued to spend? Chelsea and Woolwich have but have failed to reach their objectives.

A well run football club, which we are clearly not anymore, does not rely on money, it requires intelligent investment from time to time but once everything is in place....

We have failed to invest at times and when we have invested, have invested poorly. We are where we are after years of solid miss investment.

But good luck with your reality, feel free to make it up as you go along.
This is a great post.

The only thing to add is that we can talk about under investment, poor investment, misplaced investment and so on but ultimately, where we are today, all leads back to one and a half years of absolute ZERO investment ...

At a time when the club were revealing unprecedented, world record breaking profits a young team was on the verge of something spectacular..

A shameful, disgraceful episode that should have once and for all put to bed any remaining fanciful ideas that ENIC are serious about winning where it matters most. On the pitch

A disaster would be relegation. This season was a mess and well under what I’d hope for from the club, but not a disaster. And we still have the squad that finished top four last season. Some a bit older, some a bit more experienced. Don’t think things are as bad as many portray. Maybe I just choose to see the positives.

But yes. No manager and no DoF is a shitshow right now. Just think that no Women’s Team Manager is scraping the barrel a bit.
What the squad needs to do is commandeer the owners yacht and go for a weeks piss up in the Bahamas, gel/bond together and then slash their arms on the last night, mix their blood and make the brotherhood complete!

Back
Top Bottom