Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think people remain plenty aware of how he has sacrificed on field ambition in favour of financial gain but relieved at how well ange is doing with limited resource

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

So Johnson was our only signing in a feeble effort to replace our best and most important player?

You realize that makes Levy and the club look even worse?
I like to think of Maddison as our replacement for Kane. For me, replacing Kane isn't as simple as buying another striker; it's about replacing that creative spark, that moment of brilliance that changes a game, that little bit of magic that makes the team tick. This is what Maddison was signed for and what he was doing for us before his injury.

And, to be honest, I feel a lot more comfortable about our ability to score goals this season than I did last season. It always felt like we never knew where the next goal was coming from but that's definitely not the case this season.

A back line of emerson royal and Ben Davies isn't limited?

A front line of a man that scored 0 premier league goals last year, and another that looked worryingly "past it" last year despite his previous success, after losing one of the best number 9s ever in the summer?

Mate, we spent £213m in the Summer, don't be so ridiculous. 😆

Are we just gonna ignore Romero and Van Der Ven for the sake of your argument?

Are you going to ignore than Richy cost £60m and Son has been one of the best players in this league over the last 4/5 years?

Are you going to ignore than Richy cost £60m and Son has been one of the best players in this league over the last 4/5 years?
Not to mention only two goals behind Haaland in the Premier League scoring chart.

Spent £213 million?

What utter falsified nonsense, taken right out of the Daniel Levy/Enic playbook of manipulation.

Spent £213 million?

What utter falsified nonsense, taken right out of the Daniel Levy/Enic playbook of manipulation.

How much did we spend them TomHotpsur, do prey tell?

And even if you want to concentrate on this spend argument be my guest, my point is that the board hasn't put Ange under any financial restriction or limited resource whatsoever.

How much did we spend them TomHotpsur, do prey tell?

And even if you want to concentrate on this spend argument be my guest, my point is that the board hasn't put Ange under any financial restriction or limited resource whatsoever.
Explain how you came to the figure of £213 million then Shady, and I will then proceed to explain to you how it’s nonsense.

Explain how you came to the figure of £213 million then Shady, and I will then proceed to explain to you how it’s nonsense.

Oh so you expect me to explain even though you're the one refuting the argument, fucking hell 😆

I mean it's common knowledge if you look around the internet:

I agree. Although I certainly don't expect it to change. And until they are gone you'll have the same people moaning about it (me included) and the same people making it their life's mission to defend it.

It’s why this thread is the worst in the forum. My fault for taking it off of hide (or whatever it is called). It won’t be interesting again until there’s change in the ownership structure or new owners. Back on hide it goes.

I agree. Although I certainly don't expect it to change. And until they are gone you'll have the same people moaning about it (me included) and the same people making it their life's mission to defend it.

So you're saying that purchases of kulu, bentancur, porro is the same as buying saha and Nelson?

The reason it doesn't change in some people's eyes is that they keep shifting the goalposts to fit in with their bias and refuse, point blank, to acknowledge the changes that happen.

We are never going to spend like city or Chelsea, but to say we haven't changed our process and overall spending is a lie.

Back
Top Bottom