Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I can confirm that, I was at the Brentford game tail end of last season.
It was loud enough to hear, for those willing to hear it.
Same

I honestly think that coupled with the shitshow on the pitch (and behind the scenes turmoil) helped him rethink his football management hierarchy and bring in changes

Remember when thousands were protesting their feelings inside the stadium with "Daniel Levy, get out of our" club ringing around the place........forcing Levy to act positively for a change

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs was on here claiming he was at the games and didn't hear anything!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao:

inka-aapu-i-am-not-listening-inka-aapu.gif

That was funny. .😆

Really? Funny that cause I could hear it over the tedious sky commentary on tv

Suggest you watch this, it explains the impact Paratici has had at our club.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqH-D9CZJxw&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fthefightingcock.co.uk%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=WeAreTottenhamTV

The fact is that without the infrastructure to support Ange, we wouldn't be in this position now, Ange is the cherry, Paratici was the icing - By the way this isn't to denounce what Ange is doing, he's been brilliant and we are in fact lucky to have him but I'm just trying to add some perspective.

So all these fans patting themselves on the back because they think they made a difference in calling Levy out is funny to me, it was said that we were looking at Ange as early as March so the wheels were already in motion.

If you mean to say he's over achieving in relevance to what our current situation is with players missing then yes, he is doing an incredible job but in terms of finances and backing there's 0 to suggest he's working under 'limited resources'

Poch worked under limited resources for 4 years for example.
Over achievement is what we expect from any manager. That's when we know we have the right appointment.

This is something I learned from Gerry Francis years ago when he kept five clean sheets in a row with the same pool of defenders that nearly got us relegated under Ardiles.

Conte complaining about our players was nothing more than a bad workman blaming his tools which is one of many reasons why it wasn't a good idea to invest any serious money on him.

Ange is on course to become one of the best managers in the club's history and this is why I think he should be backed and why I think Levy will back him.

Suggest you watch this, it explains the impact Paratici has had at our club.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqH-D9CZJxw&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fthefightingcock.co.uk%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=WeAreTottenhamTV

The fact is that without the infrastructure to support Ange, we wouldn't be in this position now, Ange is the cherry, Paratici was the icing - By the way this isn't to denounce what Ange is doing, he's been brilliant and we are in fact lucky to have him but I'm just trying to add some perspective.

So all these fans patting themselves on the back because they think they made a difference in calling Levy out is funny to me, it was said that we were looking at Ange as early as March so the wheels were already in motion.

I think it’s the behind the scenes changes and improvements to football eg Munn, Lange that are the outcome of the outpouring of hate for the little bald gibbon, not Ange

Will watch that vid

2 things; nobody reasonable is asking us to spend like City or Chelsea, and far more evidence is needed before we can really say we have “changed our process and overall spending.”

We are still doing what we have traditionally always done in the market under Enic. Looked for opportunities, being reactive as opposed to proactive, not competing with our rivals for players on the top shelf and spent prudently on young players who may or may not come good.

And when people say “but look at van de Ven and Maddison, Vicario” etc this summer, we’ve always been capable of brining in players of this calibre. VDV is akin to Vertonghen, Maddison Eriksen, Vicario Lloris etc etc etc.
Our transfer policy has remained steadfast despite the soundbites coming out from certain media sources. The fact we are spending more is for the most part as a result of general inflation. Every PL club is spending more than they were 5-10 years ago, and they didn’t have to move into a 60k seater stadium to do it.

If our policy had truly changed for Ange, he wouldn’t have been left short in the summer in the way he was with the CB situation.

I would personally look at the team Woolwich have built. Bar Rice and a ludicrous fee for Havertz, our purchases have been similar but in some ways better.

Their run last year didn't include a team of pre made world class talent. It consisted of largely prudently bought youth that fit the mould of what the manager needed. It took them a few years to bed them in and playing consistently and they fortunately did not have many injuries.

I'll concede we still have a ways to go with regards to the squad, but the purchase over the last 3 season have been on point for the most part, and we are, if reporting is to be true, identifying talent much better now.

Romero, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Porro, Udogie, Sarr, Maddison, Van De Ven, Vicario, Bissouma, Johnson, Solomon, Richarlison.

A mixture of young talent, prem proven players and other players with experience at top teams abroad.

3 of those are first team players who we bought/loaned with good option in a January.

We still have to see how the next couple.of windows pan out but I think there is some credit due for what we have been building the last 2-3 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom