Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate, we spent £213m in the Summer, don't be so ridiculous. 😆

Are we just gonna ignore Romero and Van Der Ven for the sake of your argument?

Are you going to ignore than Richy cost £60m and Son has been one of the best players in this league over the last 4/5 years?

Ange needed 2 cbs in the summer. He got 1 that was not guaranteed to be first team quality but thankfully he's outstanding.

However vdv has only played in 12 games this year, romero 15, and it was obvious that we'd need another cb or be forced to start with dier, royal, davies or 18 year old phillips in cb.

Richy cost 60 million? leave off let's see how much of that fee is dependent on certain clauses being met.

And with all said and done would you have expected the squad in the state it is to be within 3 pts of top at the end of the summer window? Or would you say Ange is doing well given the resources at his disposal.

Ange needed 2 cbs in the summer. He got 1 that was not guaranteed to be first team quality but thankfully he's outstanding.

However vdv has only played in 12 games this year, romero 15, and it was obvious that we'd need another cb or be forced to start with dier, royal, davies or 18 year old phillips in cb.

Richy cost 60 million? leave off let's see how much of that fee is dependent on certain clauses being met.

And with all said and done would you have expected the squad in the state it is to be within 3 pts of top at the end of the summer window? Or would you say Ange is doing well given the resources at his disposal.

If you mean to say he's over achieving in relevance to what our current situation is with players missing then yes, he is doing an incredible job but in terms of finances and backing there's 0 to suggest he's working under 'limited resources'

Poch worked under limited resources for 4 years for example.

Well you bolded “limited resource“

Then had a GIF clearly implying such a thing was a stupid suggestion. However if you have another interpretation of what the Samuel L Jackson GIF was inferring I’m keen to hear it

Because we don't speak in extremes, if you disagree with something it doesn't mean you take the total opposite view...context/nuance etc...

Have already explained it, check out my other posts.

Oh so you expect me to explain even though you're the one refuting the argument, fucking hell 😆

I mean it's common knowledge if you look around the internet:

Annndd he bites the bait. Just as I suspected, straight from the Levy play book, you shamefully include players like Porro and Kulusevski, players that were signed months/years previously as money spent to improve the squad this summer.

You also fail to include the elephant in the room of Kane leaving for 100 million when calculating our spend.

I ask a simple question, why are you making excuses and twisting figures to look favourably on our ownership?

Because we don't speak in extremes, if you disagree with something it doesn't mean you take the total opposite view...context/nuance etc...

Have already explained it, check out my other posts.
Well that might be , but highlighting the text and going
What? in the GIF tone is far from nuanced in my opinion

Anyway happy new year

Annndd he bites the bait. Just as I suspected, straight from the Levy play book, you shamefully include players like Porro and Kulusevski, players that were signed months/years previously as money spent to improve the squad this summer.

Christ man, Porro and Kulu were signed as first team players this Summer, we had initially agreed loan fees with them and them and committed to them last year, that's how general accounting works and even if you want to go with your twisted fanatical way of trying to hilariously spin this whole Ange not being backed debate, both players have been mainstays under Ange this season so he's benefitted from those signings.

You also fail to include the elephant in the room of Kane leaving for 100 million when calculating our spend.

Also no with the Kane what you're calculating is 'net spend' and even if you want to take that into account we were still the 5th highest net spenders in the league this Summer, so what are you talking about?

I ask a simple question, why are you making excuses and twisting figures to look favourably on our ownership?

But this is what I'm saying about you only wanting to only focusing on one part of the argument because it suits your narrative, if you look back at the conversation it was said that Ange was working under limited resources.

Now you tell me how that is the case?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

So you're saying that purchases of kulu, bentancur, porro is the same as buying saha and Nelson?

The reason it doesn't change in some people's eyes is that they keep shifting the goalposts to fit in with their bias and refuse, point blank, to acknowledge the changes that happen.

We are never going to spend like city or Chelsea, but to say we haven't changed our process and overall spending is a lie.
2 things; nobody reasonable is asking us to spend like City or Chelsea, and far more evidence is needed before we can really say we have “changed our process and overall spending.”

We are still doing what we have traditionally always done in the market under Enic. Looked for opportunities, being reactive as opposed to proactive, not competing with our rivals for players on the top shelf and spent prudently on young players who may or may not come good.

And when people say “but look at van de Ven and Maddison, Vicario” etc this summer, we’ve always been capable of brining in players of this calibre. VDV is akin to Vertonghen, Maddison Eriksen, Vicario Lloris etc etc etc.
Our transfer policy has remained steadfast despite the soundbites coming out from certain media sources. The fact we are spending more is for the most part as a result of general inflation. Every PL club is spending more than they were 5-10 years ago, and they didn’t have to move into a 60k seater stadium to do it.

If our policy had truly changed for Ange, he wouldn’t have been left short in the summer in the way he was with the CB situation.

2024 and I still have to use this on posts in this thread

e1fqHBx.gif

2 things; nobody reasonable is asking us to spend like City or Chelsea, and far more evidence is needed before we can really say we have “changed our process and overall spending.”

We are still doing what we have traditionally always done in the market under Enic. Looked for opportunities, being reactive as opposed to proactive, not competing with our rivals for players on the top shelf and spent prudently on young players who may or may not come good.

Being reactive as opposed to proactive - You ignore the fact that the last two Summer windows we've done the majority of our spending before pre season, we haven't always done that under ENIC.

Spending prudent on young players who may or may not come good, it's called taking a calculated risk, every club does it - not every young player will be a hit.

The bold is just a laughable contradiction, there's no point even getting into that.

And when people say “but look at van de Ven and Maddison, Vicario” etc this summer, we’ve always been capable of brining in players of this calibre. VDV is akin to Vertonghen, Maddison Eriksen, Vicario Lloris etc etc etc.
Our transfer policy has remained steadfast despite the soundbites coming out from certain media sources. The fact we are spending more is for the most part as a result of general inflation. Every PL club is spending more than they were 5-10 years ago, and they didn’t have to move into a 60k seater stadium to do it.

This is just straight up lies 🤦‍♀️

Our transfer policy when we bought in the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen and Eriksen, you do realise that we weren't spending anywhere near to what we spend now right? I'll use your fabled net spend argument seeing as you like that one, in 2012/13 when we bought in the former 2 we barely broke even that Summer, the year after when we bought in the latter we made a 'net profit' of -£16m - compare that over the last 5 years our net spend on average has been around £90m per year.

This is another contradiction, you say that ENIC haven't changed their approach and spending habits and then go onto say that they have changed it due to inflation.

If our policy had truly changed for Ange, he wouldn’t have been left short in the summer in the way he was with the CB situation.

Yawn, how many times, we're in this position of being short at CB because of the board and the manager, no matter how many times you want to ignore it because it doesn't align with your agenda.

2024 and I still have to use this on posts in this thread

e1fqHBx.gif

Being reactive as opposed to proactive - You ignore the fact that the last two Summer windows we've done the majority of our spending before pre season, we haven't always done that under ENIC.

Spending prudent on young players who may or may not come good, it's called taking a calculated risk, every club does it - not every young player will be a hit.

The bold is just a laughable contradiction, there's no point even getting into that.

This is just straight up lies 🤦‍♀️

Our transfer policy when we bought in the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen and Eriksen, you do realise that we weren't spending anywhere near to what we spend now right? I'll use your fabled net spend argument seeing as you like that one, in 2012/13 when we bought in the former 2 we barely broke even that Summer, the year after when we bought in the latter we made a 'net profit' of -£16m - compare that over the last 5 years our net spend on average has been around £90m per year.

This is another contradiction, you say that ENIC haven't changed their approach and spending habits and then go onto say that they have changed it due to inflation.

Yawn, how many times, we're in this position of being short at CB because of the board and the manager, no matter how many times you want to ignore it because it doesn't align with your agenda.
You don’t have to , just saying

I don’t have to post that I think he has been poor at his job from a football success perspective and that he lets his managers down , it’s my choice when I do it

It’s why this thread is the worst in the forum. My fault for taking it off of hide (or whatever it is called). It won’t be interesting again until there’s change in the ownership structure or new owners. Back on hide it goes.
Why do you need to put it on hide? If you don't want to read it, just don’t open it 🤷‍♀️
But hiding away from it means you may miss important debates on the clubs latest expansion into climbing walls, racing tracks, multiplex cinemas and maybe even the live-cam on the new hotel development.

Stick around mate. This is probably the most interesting place to be

Last edited:
Think people remain plenty aware of how he has sacrificed on field ambition in favour of financial gain but relieved at how well ange is doing with limited resource
Remember when thousands were protesting their feelings inside the stadium with "Daniel Levy, get out of our" club ringing around the place........forcing Levy to act positively for a change

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs was on here claiming he was at the games and didn't hear anything!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao:

inka-aapu-i-am-not-listening-inka-aapu.gif

That was funny. .😆

Remember when thousands were protesting their feelings inside the stadium with "Daniel Levy, get out of our" club ringing around the place........forcing Levy to act positively for a change

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs was on here claiming he was at the games and didn't hear anything!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao:

inka-aapu-i-am-not-listening-inka-aapu.gif

That was funny. .😆
Well I can confirm that, I was at the Brentford game tail end of last season.
It was loud enough to hear, for those willing to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom