Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a friend who recently suffered from a gambling addiction. Completely broke now. He still gets bombarded with ads every time he goes online.

The companies also tried tempting him back by offering him free bets. It’s sick and twisted man, basically preying on people’s addictions and it ends up ruining lives.

All the bullshit ‘gamble responsibly’ stuff can fuck off too. The companies don’t want you to do that. They want you to keep going till you lose.

It shouldn’t be on any shirts or billboards and it should be far more tightly regulated. We’ve seen a lot of footballers who have fallen in to the trap but apparently that hasn’t caused people to wake up .. probably because the industry is worth billions.
Aye, gamble responsibly. Shocking way to get away with peddling this shite. Fancy some heroin? Just take a wee bit and you’ll be fine, but don’t take too much, you naughty scamp.

As I said, I’m unsure there is a successful sector that is squeaky clean, but gambling preys directly upon the public, so I’m not comfortable with our association here.

Hope your mate is doing ok.

I have a friend who recently suffered from a gambling addiction. Completely broke now. He still gets bombarded with ads every time he goes online.

The companies also tried tempting him back by offering him free bets. It’s sick and twisted man, basically preying on people’s addictions and it ends up ruining lives.

All the bullshit ‘gamble responsibly’ stuff can fuck off too. The companies don’t want you to do that. They want you to keep going till you lose.

It shouldn’t be on any shirts or billboards and it should be far more tightly regulated. We’ve seen a lot of footballers who have fallen in to the trap but apparently that hasn’t caused people to wake up .. probably because the industry is worth billions.

Uncomfortable truth is that gambling is a huge part of why Sport is the industry it is.

Without gambling maybe as much as half of the people employed in Sport lose their jobs. That’s a guess and impossible to measure but taking out gambling would be like breathalysers on the way into the ground.

Uncomfortable truth is that gambling is a huge part of why Sport is the industry it is.

Without gambling maybe as much as half of the people employed in Sport lose their jobs. That’s a guess and impossible to measure but taking out gambling would be like breathalysers on the way into the ground.

Yep and like a lot of stuff in life it can easily be abused.

I know of a couple of people who gambled away everything, but I know people who did the same with drugs and alcohol and sex.

End of the day most people are looking for some sort of release or escapism.
Or I guess to visit Rwanda.

Gambling can still exist as an industry, but it shouldn’t be promoted and sold to people the way it currently is. It should be a decision adults can make but not one in their face all the time. The same way we don’t have cigarette ads.

And they shouldn’t able to do stuff like dragging people back in to addiction by offering free bets if they’ve been away for a while. That’s like a dealer offering a free hit to hook someone back. It’s fucked.

Just needs a lot more regulation as the potential for ruining lives is huge.

Gambling can still exist as an industry, but it shouldn’t be promoted and sold to people the way it currently is. It should be a decision adults can make but not one in their face all the time. The same way we don’t have cigarette ads.

And they shouldn’t able to do stuff like dragging people back in to addiction by offering free bets if they’ve been away for a while. That’s like a dealer offering a free hit to hook someone back. It’s fucked.

Online betting is illegal in America. Or at least most of the states over there, not certain to the extent. UK is as UK does though. We attract a lot of that American investment as a result, so yeah, selling our souls for that.

There's some pretty damn good points you make there, mate. Maybe I shouldn't post my occasional links to the latest betting odds 🤔
I gamble regularly and have never allowed it to become a problem but I guess you just never know. Someone I interact with maybe does. I've never really considered it before

I’m not disagreeing with you on the free bets but you have to realize that sport is incentivised to help betting companies make money because they are stakeholders.
The more they make, the more advertising they can be afford. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

John says Hi :thumbup:

I generally don't respond to your posts because I find them patronising, factually bullshit and apologetic nonsense, while posturing as some kind of neutral on the issue of our ownership., when you're blatantly anything but.

You have no backbone and I don't and I have any respect for you.

Shady, on the other hand, owns what he is (a die hard ENIC fan , a Levy fanatic and a loser happy to accept mediocrity) and deserves respect for his honesty.

I can't 'own' something that I don't feel.

You want everyone to pin their flag to something and you seem irked by anyone that doesn't want to fall into one of two camps that you have decided exist.

You've challenged me to pick a side since I arrived on here and you're mad because I haven't.

Anything anyone says that doesnt follow YOUR narrative is classed as somehow loving ENIC.

It's weird and obsessive. Plenty of people see it mate.

Profit trumps everything....

Visit Rwanda is a scam to launder public money into private hands

Quite fancy going there actually. Few years ago would never have crossed my mind!

“Land of a thousand hills”. Looks really nice.

But are you saying it doesn’t look like the photos??
Fucking African scammers. I bloody knew it was too good to be true!!!!!!

I had / have a gambling issue. I love a bet but excluded from online companies when I was in an irretrievable situation. Borrowed money to pay off credit cards and now debt free.
Gambling is a laugh. I won’t deny it.
But there’s only so much heroin you can do, or so many beers you can drink in one sitting .
Gambling has no basement. You can keep going until you are skint and still dig deeper. There is no overdose until there’s no money left.
Worst 12 months of my life when it ran riot.
Gamble Responsibly is rubbish.
Gamblock saved me. I still gamble but I am very conscious now and when I want to bet I physically go into a shop or ask my son to put a bet on for me if I’m busy .
It’s how I have to be.
The websites are fucking leeches if you aren’t disciplined.
And I was born without a stop button.

I had / have a gambling issue. I love a bet but excluded from online companies when I was in an irretrievable situation. Borrowed money to pay off credit cards and now debt free.
Gambling is a laugh. I won’t deny it.
But there’s only so much heroin you can do, or so many beers you can drink in one sitting .
Gambling has no basement. You can keep going until you are skint and still dig deeper. There is no overdose until there’s no money left.
Worst 12 months of my life when it ran riot.
Gamble Responsibly is rubbish.
Gamblock saved me. I still gamble but I am very conscious now and when I want to bet I physically go into a shop or ask my son to put a bet on for me if I’m busy .
It’s how I have to be.
The websites are fucking leeches if you aren’t disciplined.
And I was born without a stop button.
Didn’t know this mate. Hope you are managing ok. Best to you, the missus and the hound.

Didn’t know this mate. Hope you are managing ok. Best to you, the missus and the hound.
It was a few years back. I was fucking lost and gambling is fun. It really is when you’re bored or fed up. But it’s mentally insane to whack £1000 a spin on an online joke.
I’ve never done drugs aside from one joint that made me eat a cupboard full of noodles which I threw up.
I will gamble but rarely these days . And I won’t touch anything online unless it’s a fiver my lad does through his online account.
I’m in a good place with boozing and gambling. Took me a very long time but I’m a slow learner.
There is a way to enjoy without going full thindercuntjackass.
I’m learning.

It was a few years back. I was fucking lost and gambling is fun. It really is when you’re bored or fed up. But it’s mentally insane to whack £1000 a spin on an online joke.
I’ve never done drugs aside from one joint that made me eat a cupboard full of noodles which I threw up.
I will gamble but rarely these days . And I won’t touch anything online unless it’s a fiver my lad does through his online account.
I’m in a good place with boozing and gambling. Took me a very long time but I’m a slow learner.
There is a way to enjoy without going full thindercuntjackass.
I’m learning.
One joint? Fucking southern pansy. 😘

I can't 'own' something that I don't feel.

You want everyone to pin their flag to something and you seem irked by anyone that doesn't want to fall into one of two camps that you have decided exist.

You've challenged me to pick a side since I arrived on here and you're mad because I haven't.

Anything anyone says that doesnt follow YOUR narrative is classed as somehow loving ENIC.

It's weird and obsessive. Plenty of people see it mate.
So do you love ENIC, will you come out and say it, or remain coy?

Why the need to push someone in a bracket? You guys act like you have to be on one side or the other, it's hilarious man.

You know you're allowed to be objective as a human being in 2024, I know we're in this black and white era where you must nail your colours to a mast but believe it or not maybe just maybe someone may hold more than 1 school of thought

The horror 😱

Last edited:
So do you love ENIC, will you come out and say it, or remain coy?

Define love?

My emotions towards them aren't that strong either way.

I appreciate what they have done for our club since the 90s, under their stewardship I have got to watch some incredible players and football along with some shite players and football.

If we got bought tomorrow by a group that were committed to take us to the next level I would be very happy indeed, and I accept to compete that may very well be what we need.

But hate? I've experienced too much shit in my life to waste such a strong emotion of ENIC or Levy.

You want to hate them, go for it but I'm not in this for the pantomime.

Back
Top Bottom