Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah they ain't, they're just apart of a load of insincere posters on here who don't keep the same energy when we win matches or things are generally going well, that's nothing to do with forming a protest and everything to do with selective outrage/attention seeking/self entitlement/straight up keyboard gangsterism, hence why there's so much traffic in here when we lose but when we win...

Ironic you talking about priorities because at this point I think 'fans' like these I don't believe their priority is to love the club, their priority is to hate the board no matter what and Pidgeon hole anyone as an enemy who have the audacity to go against their opinion.

Fake outrage just to score brownie points with your little gang of online sheep in order to push an agenda is pathetic.

I'm not in a gang, I don't attack people but have been attacked for suggesting that other clubs have backed their managers to a better extent.

Just like you're attacking me now, is it really pathetic to grow tired of a rinse and repeat strategy that misleads fans?

I'd argue that in many respects the most passionate fans are the ones that care enough to go against the narrative to attempt to drive change for sporting good that will ultimately make the rest of the fan base happy.

If I could trade the stadium for a Premier league title, Europa league/champions league win, or FA cup win experience I would.

Others may feel differently which is fair enough, I just fundamentally disagree with the joys of club value unless it benefits us in a tangible way on the pitch.

I'm not in a gang, I don't attack people but have been attacked for suggesting that other clubs have backed their managers to a better extent.

Just like you're attacking me now, is it really pathetic to grow tired of a rinse and repeat strategy that misleads fans?

I'd argue that in many respects the most passionate fans are the ones that care enough to go against the narrative to attempt to drive change for sporting good that will ultimately make the rest of the fan base happy.

If I could trade the stadium for a Premier league title, Europa league/champions league win, or FA cup win experience I would.

Others may feel differently which is fair enough, I just fundamentally disagree with the joys of club value unless it benefits us in a tangible way on the pitch.

I never said you were apart of a gang and I'm attacking you, what? :confused:

Fella you're the one who started this exchange, all I'm doing is replying to you, where are you getting this idea I'm attacking you? Bit precious aren't we?

I agree with you but the makeup of this thread from those dissenting voices against the board don't really care, they've shown that on many occasions in here, they clearly have an agenda and there are clear differences to those who actually care about the club compared to those who are in this to troll.

I never said you were apart of a gang and I'm attacking you, what? :confused:

Fella you're the one who started this exchange, all I'm doing is replying to you, where are you getting this idea I'm attacking you? Bit precious aren't we?

I agree with you but the makeup of this thread from those dissenting voices against the board don't really care, they've shown that on many occasions in here, they clearly have an agenda and there are clear differences to those who actually care about the club compared to those who are in this to troll.

I must have misinterpreted the final paragraph, "with your little gang of online sheep"

I reckon there will be some anti Levy sentiment next game. If we start losing it will probably go off I reckon. Spurs on Spurs in the crowd, toxic atmosphere, spiteful.

Here’s hoping anyway

I reckon there will be some anti Levy sentiment next game. If we start losing it will probably go off I reckon. Spurs on Spurs in the crowd, toxic atmosphere, spiteful.

Here’s hoping anyway
I heard there was some pro Levy sentiment heard during the Chelsea game last week... ..Coming from the home end.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you but what about the 20 years before ENIC where we won 2 cups. We were already a nearly club, a cup team. A chap on a club podcast described it as football purgatory where we are better than the rest but not good enough for the best. Now that’s definitely been emphasised by enic and their approach, but not sure if that’s always been the case in the past, however it didn’t stop us being pretty average with a couple of star players. I look at waddle leaving when lineker was arriving - why not pay waddle whatever he wanted to stay on for another year. No we took the 5mill. So there had always been a reluctance to take risk, to push on to be the best - that’s not just Enic. Lots of bad decisions over the years- why?
is it fan pressure, frugality, aversion to risk, history that players and managers know the clubs ceiling?
I think back then we didn't have the profane amounts of money thrown around the game. Only champions played in the European Cups and the First Division was more competitive for all the clubs.
The F A Cup still had its importance and we genuinely tried to win it, even the League Cup promised a Wembley final most clubs could win.
Enic have no ambitions beyond profit.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you but what about the 20 years before ENIC where we won 2 cups. We were already a nearly club, a cup team. A chap on a club podcast described it as football purgatory where we are better than the rest but not good enough for the best. Now that’s definitely been emphasised by enic and their approach, but not sure if that’s always been the case in the past, however it didn’t stop us being pretty average with a couple of star players. I look at waddle leaving when lineker was arriving - why not pay waddle whatever he wanted to stay on for another year. No we took the 5mill. So there had always been a reluctance to take risk, to push on to be the best - that’s not just Enic. Lots of bad decisions over the years- why?
is it fan pressure, frugality, aversion to risk, history that players and managers know the clubs ceiling?
We won 5 cups in the 20 years before ENIC, not 2

3 x FA cups
1 x League Cup
1 x UEFA CUP (modern day Europa League)

They were also much more difficult to win back then as every club would play their strongest team.
And European places were more limited.

We won 5 cups in the 20 years before ENIC, not 2

3 x FA cups
1 x League Cup
1 x UEFA CUP (modern day Europa League)

They were also much more difficult to win back then as every club would play their strongest team.
And European places were more limited.
Yeh i fucked up and was working from 2005 for some reason.

I heard there was some pro Levy sentiment heard during the Chelsea game last week... ..Coming from the home end.
Most rival fans love levy, whilst he is in charge, we have next to no chance of being one of the real top clubs.
We might have, the best stadium, training ground, five star dining experience and hotels taboot.
But , that isn't nor hasn't ever been matched on the pitch where it really counts.
Rival fans, the media all laugh at Tottenham, the club that is fur coat no knickers, talks a good game but delivers nothing of note.

Here’s hoping anyway
Hoping that Spurs fight other Spurs?

Seems a little strange that a Spurs fan would hope for that. Oh wait...:disdain:

None of the vocal online Levy/ENIC out crowd will go to any protests, all online hotair.

Which is weird as a lot of them think I am Levy In, yet I actually attended a protest against Levy/ENIC about the rise in ticket prices. o_O

Of course they do, we don't do middle ground or nuance in here, you're gonna have to get Pidgeon holed and forced to pick a side like the rest of us :p

Back
Top Bottom