Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cancelled my membership direct debit auto renew last night.

I can only get to a few games a season but I'm not comfortable making the rich even richer as they take advantage of the country.

Football seems an irrelevance at the moment, I wish could simply go back to being frustrated and annoyed at mourinho being the manager but this debate goes beyond football.

I'll always be a spurs fan, have been for 35 years but I dont feel comfortable giving levy money. A suggestion I saw which is a good one but levy would probably lap it up is that any team that has used the government to pay the staff should be given an automatic one year transfer ban.

So as we can see all the clubs are going to be in trouble financially to different degrees.

Can THFC take advantage of this?

On one side we’ve lost all match day income and income from the other events at the stadium. This was a huge amount each year and I suspect Levy was hoping to use this income to pay off the stadium debt. That would make sense, as it would free up other income to be spent on transfers and contracts. Now that income will have to be used on paying off the loan. This however could be paid by Lewis/Levy instead as it wouldn’t effect FFP putting their own money into the club this way. Lewis has done a rights issue before.

So it will come down to whether they want to take advantage of what could be a good window for investing in decent players at reduced sums but it would mean paying off the stadium debt themselves.

Normally I’d be massively sceptical they’d invest their own cash into the club and especially at this time. But if they did they potentially could really take advantage of the situation. It really is a shit or get off the pot time for them now.

You won’t get that from the owners it’s not their model.

However if the ship is steady with us, the market will be a very very different place, a lot of clubs in trouble desperate to raise cash and potentially a lot of bargains. I assume that is how Levy would see it.

I’d would imagine post virus would be a Levy paradise in terms of deal making.

For the sake of a couple of million, Levy and co have shown themselves up, really tarnished this club and the decision is quite frankly a PR disaster. Given Liverpool's reversal, it now makes it look even worse.

Really am sickened by it to be honest and seriously questioning renewing my membership.

You don't think he comes across as a down to Earth, decent bloke? I do, or did, and would have thought such a person would forego a portion of his frankly ridiculous wage so that a lot of minimum wagers could keep their full income.

Clearly I overestimated him.
You haven't been proven right or wrong yet. The players can't just unilaterally decide to take a pay cut with immediate effect, which is why the most outspoken supporters, like Jordan Henderson, haven't already done so.

By the standards of a top footballer, Kane is very reserved in communications with the media and the public. I don't think I've ever seen him publicly announce his opinion on anything vaguely contentious and I don't expect anything on this either. We don't know what he actually thinks.

I don't know him any better than anyone else but I imagine that he's one of the players willing to accept the 30% cut being proposed at the moment.

Football feels a little bit irrelevant right now so this will be my last post for a while...
The billionaire Joe Lewis and his chairman,Daniel Levy, should be deeply ashamed by their decision making and actions in recent days.Please do the right thing and follow Liverpool FC in reversing the decision to furlough low paid staff members (and not to pay their wages in full)
Wishing our prime minister a full and speedy recovery, as stated by Theresa May ‘this awful virus does not discriminate’. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families who have lost loved one and those, like Boris, who are fighting for their lives.As a nation we will never be able to repay the debt of gratitude we owe to our NHS heroes.
I wish everyone a safe and healthy passage through this dreadful pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom