Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't have to disagree with a post when you're replying to it anyway though, do you?

If you don't like getting disagrees, give less out. I usually don't tbh, call it rating karma.

Theres a like to make it better for you if you really give a fuck.

I gave you an X cos I actually disagreed and objected to the trumped up nature of the claim you'd made..... Giving one back for retaliation sake is indeed purile.

Karma?

Lol..... And there's you trying to paint me as precious.

Last edited:
Selecting signings made when transfer values suddenly ballooned in the last few years due to TV money etc. after us not spending for 3/4 windows (when we really should have looking back) doesn't really help illustrate your point.

We had to spend big this summer as most transfers were big, Iwobi £30m etc.

Pretty sure we almost always pay less than market value at the time.

Selecting signings made when transfer values suddenly ballooned in the last few years due to TV money etc. after us not spending for 3/4 windows (when we really should have looking back) doesn't really help illustrate your point.

2 windows actually.

Citing Ndombele & GLC isnt selective; it's current.... And they're 2 players signed with the expectation of improving us. Look at the wankfest from the fans about them even before they signed.

Moving on and having an honest debate would be preferable, but hey ho...
Which I'm happy to do, if I marked every post I disagreed with on this forum, people would be gurning worse than you are now. I tend to be optimistic, I like posts, I mark them funny. If I disagree I'll talk about it rather than mark it and spread the x's, but there you go.

You were actually on ignore until like 2 months ago tbh.

The net spend speaks for itself, we have to be able to give the new manager the tools to do the job, which means spending money and we do not like doing it as much as other clubs.
Our Dear Leader Himself :bow: said he didn't like spending money.

We have to get over this obsession with spending money. It doesn't happen in other countries

He told us.......after recieving record transfer fees for the likes of Bale and Modric....from another country

:sonlol:

I am not someone that is completely against ENIC/Levy btw, but I do believe that it is quite clear that our performance on the pitch is less important to the club than its corporate performance.

There has to be more of a balance in our spending etc. if the club is to progress IMO.

Our Dear Leader Himself :bow: said he didn't like spending money.

We have to get over this obsession with spending money. It doesn't happen in other countries

He told us.......after recieving record transfer fees for the likes of Bale and Modric....from another country

:sonlol:
Not just being a dick, but can you remind me of the full quote please?

What you’ve quoted could be construed two ways:

1. spending money doesn’t happen in other countries. Clearly bollocks.

2. the obsession with spending money smdoesnt happen in other countries. They are more interested in the quality of the player, not the quantity of fee. Fair point.

It would beneficial to have a FSG hierarchy, who would not only sign hopeful sell ons and if any good wouldn't have to leave us to win trophies elsewhere.
Or keep your system and win fuck all forever
Yeah the FSG hierachy are even better than our owners at getting the right scouting people & strategy in place. Ours is a mess & has been for years. Levy trying to get too involved with the transfer side just makes things a lot harder & worse for the rest involved. He should take a step back from all that side of things.

Cheers. Still think that can be construed in two ways. More likely to be the way that makes him look tight to be fair, but still a possibility he was talking about the obsession over transfer fees.

Yeah the FSG hierachy are even better than our owners at getting the right scouting people & strategy in place. Ours is a mess & has been for years. Levy trying to get too involved with the transfer side just makes things a lot harder & worse for the rest involved. He should take a step back from all that side of things.
Just agreed with this. Off to have a shower. A very hot shower. 😂

Well said mate, couldn't agree more.

I'm sure (or at least hope) that he's not involved in the identifying of players but he's always going to have the final say on transfers and do the negotiations.

The pissing about for the sake of a couple of million is the one thing that does annoy me though.

Well said mate, couldn't agree more.

I'm sure (or at least hope) that he's not involved in the identifying of players but he's always going to have the final say on transfers and do the negotiations.

The pissing about for the sake of a couple of million is the one thing that does annoy me though.
Surely to fuck Levy isn’t identifying players. We can’t believe that would be true can we? He knows fuck all about players. He’s not that daft.

Back
Top Bottom