Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely the process of a sale/takeover would take a while, especially right now (no way would it happen until the club knows when it can expect to have fans in the stands again for example). So it makes sense to have him on the board to handle that process (courting buyers, negotiations etc). And until there is the possibility of a sale he can also act as a advisor.

As you said, time will tell. But his resume will obviously get people talking.
It's very standard for an advisor in sale/acquisition to be appointed as non-exec. The principal reason for this is obviously their specific knowledge and contact base and what they bring to the table in that speciality but also they can act with more impartiality. So, take Levy who could be emotionally invested in Spurs (he's been at the Club 20yrs and built it from mid-table to top 4 and top 10 in Europe, he's also a fan of the Club).

Flip the coin and the above means potential buyers are more susceptible to their communication (he'll have his own book of trusted contacts/potential buyers who trust his judgements), by being a non-exec he'll also have an very in-depth view of the Spurs which those contacts will trust. That said, and to blow that statement apart I see in his bio that he was involved in the sale of Autonomy to HP, which was reported as fraudulent as the sales/revenue was supposed to be massively overinflated by Autonomy resulting in them in overpaying by a few billion!

It's very standard for an advisor in sale/acquisition to be appointed as non-exec. The principal reason for this is obviously their specific knowledge and contact base and what they bring to the table in that speciality but also they can act with more impartiality. So, take Levy who could be emotionally invested in Spurs (he's been at the Club 20yrs and built it from mid-table to top 4 and top 10 in Europe, he's also a fan of the Club).

Flip the coin and the above means potential buyers are more susceptible to their communication (he'll have his own book of trusted contacts/potential buyers who trust his judgements), by being a non-exec he'll also have an very in-depth view of the Spurs which those contacts will trust. That said, and to blow that statement apart I see in his bio that he was involved in the sale of Autonomy to HP, which was reported as fraudulent as the sales/revenue was supposed to be massively overinflated by Autonomy resulting in them in overpaying by a few billion!
A highly regarded investment banker doing shady things?

I for one, am shocked.

We'll see what happens. Qatalyst's resume is very impressive over all so this will get people talking. Even if one or two deals probably were inflated.

Sheringham went to Utd 23 years ago.
Berbatov went to Utd 12 years ago.
Bale left 7 years ago.
Modric left 8 years ago.

Feeder club my arse.

And Glenn went many many moons before any of them. Let’s just see who is cashed in on over the next two seasons - who comes in and what a mediocre team in a first classed football arena looks like... eh!

And Glenn went many many moons before any of them. Let’s just see who is cashed in on over the next two seasons - who comes in and what a mediocre team in a first classed football arena looks like... eh!
I ignored that nonsense however, do you really think Hoddle leaving to play for Monaco, when it was his choice 33 years ago, makes us look like a feeder club??

Do you think our relegation 43 years ago makes us a second tier football club too?

200w.gif

And so it begins. Levy has been possibly the only person happy about covid 19, he has a perfect excuse
even though he just borrowed 175million at no interest from the government. We still are unable to buy anyone obviously, as usual this time of year.
What a parasite levy is, his bullshit about competing for titles is now clearly just his usual bravado..
Hope everyone enjoyed the champions league, we ain't getting any where near that ever again.
We lucked out with poch somehow getting us in on a shoestring, levy should own Watford, Palace or west spam then he could happily not try to compete...
Fuck levy an enic, especially for using covid 19 to fuck us over...i did wonder what his excuse this year would be..i obviously never dreamt of this coronavirus jumping out of nowhere, but as soon as this all started I knew he would use it in someway...
Fucking parasite

I ignored that nonsense however, do you really think Hoddle leaving to play for Monaco, when it was his choice 33 years ago, makes us look like a feeder club??

Do you think our relegation 43 years ago makes us a second tier football club too?

200w.gif

If spurs were a second tier football club I suspect a decade at the second level 43 years ago would have suggested as such. You have an issue with the term “ feeder club” and many people do but I don’t.

Harry will leave, Sonny will go, and so will Deli.

The third bloke I won’t miss too much but would Liverpool or Man Utd sell a Son or Kane - would they bollocks!

If spurs were a second tier football club I suspect a decade at the second level 43 years ago would have suggested as such. You have an issue with the term “ feeder club” and many people do but I don’t.

The third bloke I won’t miss too much but would Liverpool or Man Utd sell a Son or Kane - would they bollocks!
No, Liverpool wouldn’t sell Son or Kane, but did sell Suarez and Coutinho. Don’t let that spoil your wee hissy fit though.

And so it begins. Levy has been possibly the only person happy about covid 19, he has a perfect excuse
even though he just borrowed 175million at no interest from the government. We still are unable to buy anyone obviously, as usual this time of year.
What a parasite levy is, his bullshit about competing for titles is now clearly just his usual bravado..
Hope everyone enjoyed the champions league, we ain't getting any where near that ever again.
We lucked out with poch somehow getting us in on a shoestring, levy should own Watford, Palace or west spam then he could happily not try to compete...
Fuck levy an enic, especially for using covid 19 to fuck us over...i did wonder what his excuse this year would be..i obviously never dreamt of this coronavirus jumping out of nowhere, but as soon as this all started I knew he would use it in someway...
Fucking parasite
The biggest load of shit I have read on this forum in a long while, which is some doing to be honest.

No, Liverpool wouldn’t sell Son or Kane, but did sell Suarez and Coutinho. Don’t let that spoil your wee hissy fit though.
And they got blasted as a "Selling Club" by the usual morons in the press. Now they are running away with the title and won the CL last season because of the moves they made from those sales.

They both “demanded” to go. If a player had made his mind up and doesn’t want to play in the [tough] premier league- where you sometimes get kicked, (Ronaldo’s an example), that’s an exception to the rule!

You don't really understand what the term 'feeder club' means.

BTW, Utd let Pogba go for nothing and then bought him back for £100m.

And they got blasted as a "Selling Club" by the usual morons in the press. Now they are running away with the title and won the CL last season because of the moves they made from those sales.

They won the champions league last season because we were shit on the day. In fact- they were shit on the day; perhaps their worse game of the season -but they won!

Last edited:
You don't really understand what the term 'feeder club' means.

BTW, Utd let Pogba go for nothing and then bought him back for £100m.

Feeder club means precisely what it says. You sell your talent rather than keep it!

They both “demanded” to go. If a player had made his mind up and doesn’t want to play in the [tough] premier league- where you sometimes get kicked, (Ronaldo’s an example), that’s an exception to the rule!
So you are saying you know Son and Kane are going to demand to go too? You’re talking shite pal.

We are a feeder club when we sell players, but Liverpool aren’t.

Then their strategy of selling players worked and made them successful, yet ours won’t?

Just drivel.

Back
Top Bottom