Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn't build it for Spurs! He built it to make a shit load of money as a venue. That's the word right there. VENUE. Spurs are a kind of sideshow to him. Something to put in his nice new venue when Lady Gaga et al aren't free I'm firmly of the opinion that whilst fans still come and money rolls in, investment will continue to be minimal. The man simply doesn't care about the club as long as it's PL and profitable. He has no pride in the club, no sense of ambition. It's a tragedy for all the people who really care. I've followed the club for over 50 years and no matter what happens to them, Daniel Levy will never stop that support even in the Championship.
He's just going through the motions.
"First and foremost it is a NFL stadium. Spurs may be the anchor tenants, but it was always built with a long term NFL franchise in mind"

Anchor Tenants, baby

"First and foremost it is a NFL stadium. Spurs may be the anchor tenants, but it was always built with a long term NFL franchise in mind"

Anchor Tenants, baby
I think if ever we get sold hopefully soon, that it's likely the new owners will be American with the NFL connection.
After all that is what we are an American football stadium purpose built with football as a sideline, superbowl her we come.

Daniel Levy to do List

Stadium - built
Gigs - none
NFL - not for a while
Boxing matches - not sure when
Manager - sacked one quite recently.
Tidy house - cleaners on furlough can do that
Do gardening - ground staff on furlough can do that
Cook dinner - caterers on furlough can do that.

If anyone in the world has enough time on his hands to make a fake twitter account to get some extra money for the weekends it’s Daniel Levy.

It adds up doesn’t it. The man is definitely bored!
evZv9.gif

Jose thinks Levy has ambition. Jose is a serial winner and ambition to him means winning silverware. I would say bringing Jose in shows the intention is to win silverware.

So I'm glad they were scammed giving money to internet people to do daft shit that has no realistic chance of improving things.

Muppets gonna muppet...

🤡

On a side-note, I think we're a well-run club. Stable organic growth where silverware would be a boost and not a *necessary* result of a gamble (e.g. after expensive outlay on non-google-requiring players) makes far more sense to me. Saying billionaires should throw money at the club because that will ensure more money comes in because of silverware is more than optimistic, it's naive.

Jose thinks Levy has ambition. Jose is a serial winner and ambition to him means winning silverware. I would say bringing Jose in shows the intention is to win silverware.

So I'm glad they were scammed giving money to internet people to do daft shit that has no realistic chance of improving things.

Muppets gonna muppet...

🤡

On a side-note, I think we're a well-run club. Stable organic growth where silverware would be a boost and not a *necessary* result of a gamble (e.g. after expensive outlay on non-google-requiring players) makes far more sense to me. Saying billionaires should throw money at the club because that will ensure more money comes in because of silverware is more than optimistic, it's naive.
100% agreement with all the above. That plane scam was a real tax on the stupid. Keano has it right

100% agreement with all the above. That plane scam was a real tax on the stupid. Keano has it right

I wonder if Keane was ever paid a lot of money by Levy that might skew his view on him?

Because what he says in that video is utter garbage. How he can go on about the stadium built solely to line Levy's pockets with concerts, NFL's, events etc. as though it was some great thing he did for the club is moronic. Ignoring the disaster he has been when it comes to transfers, the fact he didn't sign anyone for 18 months letting our team fall apart and how he repeatedly cheaps out on making necessary signings shows how out of touch Keane is.

If Levy only cares about making himself money that is his right but lets not try to spin it as him being good for the club. He is a plague on Spurs and the biggest thing holding this team back at the moment.

I wonder if Keane was ever paid a lot of money by Levy that might skew his view on him?

Because what he says in that video is utter garbage. How he can go on about the stadium built solely to line Levy's pockets with concerts, NFL's, events etc. as though it was some great thing he did for the club is moronic. Ignoring the disaster he has been when it comes to transfers, the fact he didn't sign anyone for 18 months letting our team fall apart and how he repeatedly cheaps out on making necessary signings shows how out of touch Keane is.

If Levy only cares about making himself money that is his right but lets not try to spin it as him being good for the club. He is a plague on Spurs and the biggest thing holding this team back at the moment.
Sorry, but suggesting Keano needs to be paid for that is mental.

The stadium more than doubles our match day revenue (in blue) and he has already increased commercial revenue (in grey) by 500%.
Buying players costs money, you have to make that money. It's why he wins all the awards

Sorry, but suggesting Keano needs to be paid for that is mental.

The stadium more than doubles our match day revenue and he has already doubled the commercial revenue.
Buying players costs money, you have to make that money. It's why he wins all the awards

Him making the club money if that money is not then used to buy quality players. I don't think many question Levy's ability to make money, it is what he does with that money is that is the problem.

And again I have no issue if that is what Levy wants to do, I think it sucks as a Spurs fan but he has every right to do what he wants with his money. My issue is when pointing out that he makes money is used to say he is a good owner. He isn't a good owner he is a terrible owner, one of the worst kind of owners as well being that he thinks he knows better than anyone else as well as being so cheap that he puts profits over doing what is best for the club.

So great for Levy for making tons of money it doesn't change the fact that he is dogshit as a football team owner.

Him making the club money if that money is not then used to buy quality players. I don't think many question Levy's ability to make money, it is what he does with that money is that is the problem.

And again I have no issue if that is what Levy wants to do, I think it sucks as a Spurs fan but he has every right to do what he wants with his money. My issue is when pointing out that he makes money is used to say he is a good owner. He isn't a good owner he is a terrible owner, one of the worst kind of owners as well being that he thinks he knows better than anyone else as well as being so cheap that he puts profits over doing what is best for the club.

So great for Levy for making tons of money it doesn't change the fact that he is dogshit as a football team owner.
You are putting 2+2 together and coming up with 48. He has already made us more consistent in the league than we have ever been. All we are missing is some trophies. If we need more investment for that, that's what the money he has been making is for. If you think he is pocketing the money, you should be able to show where. All the clubs books are public record. No offence, but the Levy out brigade remind me so much of the antivacs people. All scare stories and outlandish claims, but an absolute absence of evidence where there should be bucket loads

You are putting 2+2 together and coming up with 48. He has already made us more consistent in the league than we have ever been. All we are missing is some trophies. If we need more investment for that, that's what the money he has been making is for. If you think he is pocketing the money, you should be able to show where. All the clubs books are public record. No offence, but the Levy out brigade remind me so much of the antivacs people. All scare stories and outlandish claims, but an absolute absence of evidence where there should be bucket loads

Outlandish claims? We didn’t sign a single player for two straight transfer windows something that has never been done. That is anti-vax stuff that is straight up facts. And it wasn’t like we were prime Barca or RM racking up CL titles and league title we were desperately in need of new players brought in.

We had a desperate need for a player like Bruno Fernandes but screwed around in the price and now he is staring for a rival.

Desperately could have used Dybala but fucked around leaving it late so couldn’t work out his licensing fee. A fee that would have been more than worth it to just pay.

We have needed a back up striker for a year yet won’t spend money to get a quality player in.

Levy got lucky with having a good squad at the same time a lot of the other “top 6” teams were down, but now that United and Chelsea look to have joined City and Liverpool as properly run teams Levy has shown no indication that he is willing or able to put together a team to compete with them over the next 5 years or beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom