Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes but they have bought multiple players for high prices and that doesn’t even take into account wages which means they can get A grade players easily and is often more important than transfer fees. We are not comparable really.

If we want a big player we have to hope that other big clubs are looking the other way and the player isn’t driven by wages. City don’t have this issue.

Agreed - but they aren't for example ever going to sign Kane off us

They simply can't afford the absolute mega transfers / their owners won't

What has he done in a Spurs shirt so far? He's been Lamela Mk.2, big fee (made out to be bigger than it was), not many goals or assists and almost more time spent in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Compare his transfer to Bruno Fernandes who was gutted we couldnt get his transfer over the line instead of yet more haggling.
I always felt Levy went with Poch wanting his country man. Fernades was desperate to come to us.

City have signed more than 10 players over £40m in the last 5 years or so.

Thrifty Tottenham as per usual.
Transfer fee is only part of it. Add in agents fees, contract term and wages and their deals are astronomical. The total cost of their 40M signings are probably double what we pay on a 40M signing over the the total contract (Ndombele is an exception)

Some of those numbers look off. Are those fees all in £ and do they include add-ons?

I thought Ndombele was £55m + £9m add on, Lo Celso was £27m and Sanchez was £42m
Ndombele - Lyon confirm how much Tottenham paid to sign Tanguy Ndombele last summer

Sanchez - The Dutch side confirmed the 21-year-old would depart as Tottenham pay a transfer fee of €40 million (£36.6m) that could rise to €42m (£38.4m) with add-ons, depending on his appearances and success at the club.

Lo Celso

The fee Tottenham end up paying is usually quite a bit cheaper than reported...funny that. We're nowhere near competing with the teams we expect to be around wrt. spending. Wages too, amongst the least in wages/turnover.

Some of those numbers look off. Are those fees all in £ and do they include add-ons?

I thought Ndombele was £55m + £9m add on, Lo Celso was £27m and Sanchez was £42m

There you go, Mourinho is earning his £15m per year.
Because as he is not getting us Champions League Football. we are not having to pay add-ons to selling clubs, or bonuses to players

Ndombele - Lyon confirm how much Tottenham paid to sign Tanguy Ndombele last summer

Sanchez - The Dutch side confirmed the 21-year-old would depart as Tottenham pay a transfer fee of €40 million (£36.6m) that could rise to €42m (£38.4m) with add-ons, depending on his appearances and success at the club.

Lo Celso

The fee Tottenham end up paying is usually quite a bit cheaper than reported...funny that. We're nowhere near competing with the teams we expect to be around wrt. spending. Wages too, amongst the least in wages/turnover.
Nice that Ndombele and Sanchez are cheaper than initially thought but the Lo Celso fee would be ridiculous if true.

Are you really crying because he is posting about Jose on a Spurs message board?
and here comes his knight in not so shining get up.....

The current discussion wasn't about Mourinho and I really dont care for people who try to derail every thread with their obsession with Mourinho, more so when they try to use my post for the branch off

For anyone that is obsessed with Mourinho, there is a dedicated Mourinho thread in which such people can post about Mourinho to their hearts content and/or (if they so desire) wank off to such posts.

and here comes his knight in not so shining get up.....

The current discussion wasn't about Mourinho and I really dont care for people who try to derail every thread with their obsession with Mourinho, more so when they try to use my post for the branch off

For anyone that is obsessed with Mourinho, there is a dedicated Mourinho thread in which such people can post about Mourinho to their hearts content and/or (if they so desire) wank off to such posts.

The only people I have seen obsessed about Mourinho and you and your fellow fanbois.

Some are from official accounts but most of the figures are approximate and taken from news reports and are subjective to what I think believable.
It's a bit like Bale's wages. Some papers say he is on £600k per week, some £400k but I read a report based on RM's accounts he is on nearer £300k.

Last edited:
Some are from the official accounts but most of the figures are approximate and taken from news reports and are subjective to what I think believable.
It's a bit like Bale's wages. Some papers say he is on £600k per week, some £400k but I read a report based on RM's accounts he is on nearer £300k.
It's usually not as much as what we think when we buy and always more than we think when we sell.

Weird.

Levy said money and success don't correlate.

That statement is looking more and more stupid by the day

Its clear what you have to do in modern football , buy the best players or make some really good deals.

Makes you wonder why he's spent 10yrs building a stadium to generate the income that will enable the Club to compete financially where it wasn't previously.

:freund:

Back
Top Bottom