Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From when they took over being around the bottom half, to now complaining when we aren't in Europe's top competition, he and ENIC have taken the club forward but they are an investment company and now would be the time to sell

The statement wasn't fun to read but its probably the most real statement any club has made on the withdrawal of the Super League

Everyone of those clubs acting like their for the fans yet charge extortionate prices for tickets
They took over 20 years ago mate!
We weren't always a bottom half club. Only for a few seasons before they arrived. And a good few seasons after, to, it has to be said.

Why do so many people have it in their head we were some kind of minnow when they took over?

We was the 4th most decorated club in England for fuck sake

We can confirm that we have formally commenced procedures to withdraw from the group developing proposals for a European Super League (ESL).

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “We regret the anxiety and upset caused by the ESL proposal. We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid.

“We believe that we should never stand still and that the sport should constantly review competitions and governance to ensure the game we all love continues to evolve and excite fans around the world.

“We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions.”

get out GIF

Bald cunt

You've embarrassed this club for the last time.

No Apology in that statement

He's a twat and of course I'm ENIC OUT

Like I was when I joined this forums. Back then that view was controversial. Now I don't think there is a single person who should be/can be ENIC IN. After what has happened in the past 48 hours...

No Apology in that statement

He's a twat and of course I'm ENIC OUT

Like I was when I joined this forums. Back then that view was controversial. Now I don't think there is a single person who should be/can be ENIC IN. After what has happened in the past 48 hours...
I always gave them the benefit that they had the long term interest of the club at heart and were trying to get us among the elite, the stadium, training ground etc. But they proved otherwise when they failed to bolster the squad when we were on the cusp of greatness, and now this debacle.

I feel like a mug for supporting ENIC for so long, but there is no forgiving this.

As if we Spurs fans needed something else for rival fans to rip the piss out of

They took over 20 years ago mate!
We weren't always a bottom half club. Only for a few seasons before they arrived. And a good few seasons after, to, it has to be said.

Why do so many people have it in their head we were some kind of minnow when they took over?

We was the 4th most decorated club in England for fuck sake
Im just pointing out not everything ENIC have done is terrible, its not like we are getting relegated

Im only doing this so both sides are out their

I wouldn’t be surprised if Levy and ENIC went balls deep on this ESL plan thinking it would go through, opening the money pit doors to cover the losses from Covid, paying off Maureen and keeping our best players.

if he has, then they’ve proper fucked it.

Don’t want to hear ‘sell to buy’ or ‘have to sell our best players’ this summer, it’s time to go, sell up or invest properly, it’s what we deserve to be competitive. Highest ticket prices - good luck pushing such plans going forward now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Levy and ENIC went balls deep on this ESL plan thinking it would go through, opening the money pit doors to cover the losses from Covid, paying off Maureen and keeping our best players.

if he has, then they’ve proper fucked it.

Don’t want to hear ‘sell to buy’ or ‘have to sell our best players’ this summer, it’s time to go, sell up or invest properly, it’s what we deserve to be competitive. Highest ticket prices - good luck pushing such plans going forward now.
Now that you mention it. Since this Super League thingy had collapsed, what is gonna happen to us regarding COVID loss, paying off Mourinho, hiring (paying the new manager), keeping our best players as well as strengthening the team for next season.

As is, I fear for our immediate future under Levy and ENIC. Sound like they put all the eggs in the basket with this one, and things may be only getting worse for us from now on. The timing of Mourinho sacking is really weird.

Levy and ENIC have been proper found out now, there is no more hiding.

They do not have the best interests of this club at heart, they were going to fuck the fans over and football as a whole for a big paycheck and his little slimy statement just shows how stupid they think we are and how little they think of us!

This had nothing to do with them doing football a favour and everything to do with the billions they would have made.

Fuck them, get them out of my football club.

Last edited:
From when they took over being around the bottom half, to now complaining when we aren't in Europe's top competition, he and ENIC have taken the club forward but they are an investment company and now would be the time to sell

The statement wasn't fun to read but its probably the most real statement any club has made on the withdrawal of the Super League

Everyone of those clubs acting like their for the fans yet charge extortionate prices for tickets
Technically, Saturday probably would've been the time to sell...when they could say "see this contract we have to be exclusive members of the European Super League? JP Morgan is cutting the club a £300M cheque next week. We're guaranteed £500M/yr! We hate to walk away, But Joe is old...you can get in this gravy train for just £5B! You'll make that back in less than 10 years! Really, we're doing ourselves a disservice here..."

First furlough and now this, he has brought disgrace to our club.

Rare occasion MVP when I agree with you - but just to be a pedant -

First furlough and now this, he has brought disgrace to our his club

and that right there is the problem, much as I admire the way the clubs finances have taken us from nowhere to top six, on the pitch and in the stands we just don't feel that same success. Even having watched the club in the thirty odd years when we were mid-table in a good season, there is now little pleasure watching us perform results wise way better but with zero style, grace or sense of enjoyment.

Is that on Levy, yes it must be he's the boss after all, he requires his managers to be top six, now maybe even top four ... we require that we follow the club edict “It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

The problem is that as a CEO failure is simply not an option, and that feeds down to managers and players alike ... not sure how you bridge that gap ... other clubs have managed it with massive amounts of sustainable cash, that's probably the only way we can do it as well hence the billion pound stadium, just wishing for it and 'giving it a good go'? not sure that was ever going to work, and it certainly won't work in today's elite club environment.

Back
Top Bottom