Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, Enic's position is now completely untenable.

They have shown completely how little regard they have for the fans.

There is no way back for them.

As a business decision, this backfiring on them was the worst thing that could happen.

We can confirm that we have formally commenced procedures to withdraw from the group developing proposals for a European Super League (ESL).

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “We regret the anxiety and upset caused by the ESL proposal. We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid.

“We believe that we should never stand still and that the sport should constantly review competitions and governance to ensure the game we all love continues to evolve and excite fans around the world.

“We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions.”
Shocker of a statement. Strong "sorry not sorry" vibes.

Getting fed up of Levy/ENIC now. Just a stream of embarrassments over the past year or so, from furlough, to Jose, to this. Even funny things like the Dulux paint carry more than a tinge of embarrassment. We're becoming a joke.

One thing is despite Levy’s reputation for ruthlessness he has had a reputation of competence. Hiring a washed up Mourinho then getting involved in this shambles has made him look pretty stupid. Being a bad guy he can deal with but being a moron must be harder for him.

I hate Levy and want him out, but all this drummed up outrage over the Super League and the way the fan base have turned against Levy. The fact is Levy has always wanted to line his own pockets but by all the rumors I have heard we were the last English club asked and we then had no choice but to agree to it because we were scared that we would fall further behind. All the faux outrage over this will be gone by the end of the Transfer Window this summer if we have a good one.

One thing is despite Levy’s reputation for ruthlessness he has had a reputation of competence. Hiring a washed up Mourinho then getting involved in this shambles has made him look pretty stupid. Being a bad guy he can deal with but being a moron must be harder for him.
If he makes the right hires and delivered a good window, all will be forgotten.

They do not have the best interests of this club at heart, they were going to fuck the fans over and football as a whole

This doesn't make sense. Have you seen the training facilities, the stadium and the progress the club has made over the last decade?

The super league would have propelled Spurs into the elite clubs of the world and secured hundreds of million for the club to build for the future. How do you think we planned to pay for the billion pound stadium and increasing our wage bill by 40%?

If you want to know what an owner looks like that doesn't have the best interests of the club in mind - go see Mike Ashley.

If Levy resigned at that the end of season before this ESL stuff, despite having my criticisms, I would have happily shook his hand and thanked him for the positive stuff he has done for the club.

Now I want the fucker gone and want to shit on his lawn.

Back
Top Bottom