Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m no fan of Levy and Enic but I think he/they get some unfair shit put at their doorstep. Employing the right team manager has been a disaster, apart for Poch, for a little while. Replacing him with a previous winner like Mourinho must have been a no brainier for those accountants that run the club. The idea that Mourinho might be past it (as proven by the United time) did not impact on their data sheets. And let’s face it it all looked like a good calculation just before Christmas! Another thing that occurred to me when discussing the ESL. How would we have all felt if we had not been included in it but Woolwich had? Well for a start it would have given our runty little neighbours all the oxygen they needed to start saying it proves they are a bigger club. Seems to me like Levy was going to be dammed if he did or didn’t join it! At this point in time I feel very nervous about who might take over our club instead of our hated owners. Sometimes it really is the better the devil you know.
I don’t think Jose would ever work long term as he likes to spends & get players in . Levy doesn’t . It was always going to be a conflict of interest. That’s probably why Poch was ideal . It was known that he liked to build teams

I’m no fan of Levy and Enic but I think he/they get some unfair shit put at their doorstep. Employing the right team manager has been a disaster, apart for Poch, for a little while. Replacing him with a previous winner like Mourinho must have been a no brainier for those accountants that run the club. The idea that Mourinho might be past it (as proven by the United time) did not impact on their data sheets. And let’s face it it all looked like a good calculation just before Christmas! Another thing that occurred to me when discussing the ESL. How would we have all felt if we had not been included in it but Woolwich had? Well for a start it would have given our runty little neighbours all the oxygen they needed to start saying it proves they are a bigger club. Seems to me like Levy was going to be dammed if he did or didn’t join it! At this point in time I feel very nervous about who might take over our club instead of our hated owners. Sometimes it really is the better the devil you know.
This is the big "if" isn't it?
Who would come in
As has been stated,we would probably have a choice of drug gangsters,or human rights abusing oil barons.
I'm not an ENIC fan,but struggle to see who else is big enough to buy us.

And now the chickens have come to roost - exposing these fraud charlatans cunts for all they are, all they've ever been and all they will ever do.

Turning us into a 61 000-strong hot-dog stand for Yankee cock and litre of cola drinking buffoons watching NFL - won't matter though as long as they get richer

Highest tickets prices in the EPL to watch a top 10/ mid table team. No CL football to attract the corporate money. Over time this will have an effect if they alienate our long term fan base. Will son fans come in their thousands when he’s gone?

I don’t know. It seems the long term fan is being ignored in pursuit of new revenue streams.
But we should all be happy because our beer is filled from the bottom up!!

And I’m not sure how a company that says their main business is football entertainment can get away with not bringing entertaining football to its fans.

Highest tickets prices in the EPL to watch a top 10/ mid table team. No CL football to attract the corporate money. Over time this will have an effect if they alienate our long term fan base. Will son fans come in their thousands when he’s gone?

I don’t know. It seems the long term fan is being ignored in pursuit of new revenue streams.
But we should all be happy because our beer is filled from the bottom up!!

And I’m not sure how a company that says their main business is football entertainment can get away with not bringing entertaining football to its fans.
No, we paid the highest prices when we were a top four club and getting to the CL final. We’ve been shite this season, but it’s not cost you or I a penny.

I’ve no idea buddy but you can only go on the history of their actions
And that’s fair. If everything were still the same. But it’s not. Surely we spent fortunes on our infrastructure to become a more successful team on the pitch? We were doing ok with the old training place and old ground, so why skunk a couple of billion in the new shiny stuff if not to make the next step?

But, if it comes to pass that I’m wrong and they just strip us of the cash, fuck them.

Regardless of whether Poch wanted to go he laid the framework for our club to be successful in terms of attracting good players/managers and a style that brought us up the table, we didn't capitalise on that.

Who remembers stub hub?? Who applauded that decision?? Bend over people. There’s no lube on this one.

As much as I hated that platform I admired his balls and knowledge of people’s greed to know he could watch and learn. Genius at work. Evil genius.

Threatening to take STs away for selling through ticket touts and then using his own fans to work as touts to find out what people would spend to watch Spurs was inspired.

Incredible way to get that info. Meant when we went to the new stadium he knew exactly what he could charge.

The flip side is that there were plenty of times people couldn’t give away tickets on stub hub.

Which means that if we struggle in the future then either ST prices go up or overall prices come down.
And he’s shown in the past he’d rather have 2 seats sell at £40 each than 4 seats at £20 each

Maybe ENIC will start taking dividends left right and centre out of the club finances when the stadium is fully operational. It is possible that was the plan all along. Never take a dividend until it’s really worth doing. But, maybe they won’t.

And we don’t yet know the benefit of the infrastructure to the team. But you said it was clear who would benefit, I was just pointing out that I didn’t think it was clear, which is what you seem to be saying now?
Doubt it - ultimate sale is culmination of their investment

That said, I’m sure Levy will still continue to award himself healthy bonuses well above market comparators

Fair point. And no. There’s a clue in the name.

And yes, I was generalizing and shouldn’t have.

I know. I was just being a dick.

But we will still have the highest ticket prices in the land next season. I imagine all clubs will freeze their prices.

I might be wrong. See what United do..... glazers might throw out a big F U.

Doubt it - ultimate sale is culmination of their investment

That said, I’m sure Levy will still continue to award himself healthy bonuses well above market comparators
Agreed that’s the end game. So there are two ways of getting a skip full of cash for a football club that I can see.

Be a sleeping giant that has the possibility of an accelerated path to success with the tight level of investment. Chelsea and City spring to mind.

Be extremely successful already so huge investment may not be that essential to continue to operate at a high level. Liverpool and United.

We are stuck in the middle, but with the infrastructure we have, we now can’t go backwards. Even if we do, the club would still cost fortunes. So the only way ENIC can exit at the top is to make us a success. And we have to buy that.

And that’s fair. If everything were still the same. But it’s not. Surely we spent fortunes on our infrastructure to become a more successful team on the pitch? We were doing ok with the old training place and old ground, so why skunk a couple of billion in the new shiny stuff if not to make the next step?

But, if it comes to pass that I’m wrong and they just strip us of the cash, fuck them.
That’s the $64,000,000 question . Is it for THFC or is it for the business of ENIC ? Having a state of the art stadium for football or for all the other money spinning possibilities.
My vote would be in the latter.

And now the chickens have come to roost - exposing these fraud charlatans cunts for all they are, all they've ever been and all they will ever do.

Turning us into a 61 000-strong hot-dog stand for Yankee cock and litre of cola drinking buffoons watching NFL - won't matter though as long as they get richer
Way things are going Levy might as well do a naming rights deal with Dignitas

That’s the $64,000,000 question . Is it for THFC or is it for the business of ENIC ? Having a state of the art stadium for football or for all the other money spinning possibilities.
My vote would be in the latter.
I would say both.

A great stadium, owned by the football club, so all revenues generated from the stadium go to the football club.
How much and what those monies will be spent on we don't know yet.
If Enic continues as it has and doesn't take any dividends, then that revenue only benefits THFC.

On the other hand it will increase the value of the club, which will benefit Enic when they do sell.

As I understand it, the NFL teams, concert organisers etc. pay a rental fee for the stadium. Spurs keep the merchandise, food and drink, etc money.
The NFL teams keep the ticket sales money.

If Enic takes any money from the extra revenue or start taking dividends then I'll definitely be in the ENIC out camp.

Which I'm sure will please John Thomas John Thomas .

Back
Top Bottom