Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to give the job to Rodgers now. He's over achieved with Leicester.
He needs a big club and Levy needs to give him the backing he requires or fuck off

I‘d be happy with Rodgers, but I just don’t think he’d come to us. He’s got a good thing going at Leiceste, why would he give that up to come and work with Levy?

I‘d be happy with Rodgers, but I just don’t think he’d come to us. He’s got a good thing going at Leiceste, why would he give that up to come and work with Levy?
Because he loves himself and will like the limelight that comes with Spurs (much bigger media profile) and he will back himself to manage Levy

We're a much bigger club with a much higher ceiling. If we can't attract the manager of Leicester, especially now they don't have CL football, then something is seriously, seriously fucking wrong.

One win and this drops onto page 3??? Not on my watch.

Levy, you have 4 months to get a new manager and DOF, sack Hitchen, convince Kane and Bale to stay, , get rid of ALL the dead wood, sign a whole new defence AND back up defence, get 2 two new central midfielders, a playmaker and resign your position on the board.

If not "WERE COMING FOR YOU"

Now Poch in the mix too. Do we really want someone who will babysit again? We need someone who is willing to fight to take it to the next level.

Least we forget, "The Winks-Sissoko" partnership was a brainchild of Poch.

Now Poch in the mix too. Do we really want someone who will babysit again? We need someone who is willing to fight to take it to the next level.

Least we forget, "The Winks-Sissoko" partnership was a brainchild of Poch.

Not sure Winks-Sissoko was his idea partnership more all he had. Pretty sure he would have preferred peak Dembele and Wanyama.

Anyway can’t imagine Poch coming back at least not in the next 1-2 years.

He played Winks and Sissoko a few times in the midfield.
Using his "Diamond" formation. I now understand why. Cause there was nothing better. But we need a coach with "Steel". I'm afraid I'll never forget how bad we played in the Final and he didn't do much about it.

Let me ask a question I've always wondered about, as it was before my time.

Levy took over the chairmanship in February 2001. Contract negotiations with Sol Campbell failed in Summer 2001. Did Levy get some of the blame there at the time? Should he have?

Let me ask a question I've always wondered about, as it was before my time.

Levy took over the chairmanship in February 2001. Contract negotiations with Sol Campbell failed in Summer 2001. Did Levy get some of the blame there at the time? Should he have?
I don't recall anyone being blamed except R Sol himself.
I do recall George Graham remarking that had he still been in charge when R Sol left he would have had gotten dogs abuse for allowing it to happen.

We're a much bigger club with a much higher ceiling. If we can't attract the manager of Leicester, especially now they don't have CL football, then something is seriously, seriously fucking wrong.
Unfortunately there is something seriously, seriously wrong!

Unbelievable that is has come to this but Levy has made us markedly less attractive than Leicester City imho.

Unfortunately there is something seriously, seriously wrong!

Unbelievable that is has come to this but Levy has made us markedly less attractive than Leicester City imho.
Has he? Any proof we are interested in him? This is no different to Poch staying loyal when MU & RM were interested a couple of years ago. If he has had no contact from us then he has to say he wants to stay at Leicester. He could still come although I doubt it.
Does Kane think Leicester are more attractive than us? No.

Has he? Any proof we are interested in him? This is no different to Poch staying loyal when MU & RM were interested a couple of years ago. If he has had no contact from us then he has to say he wants to stay at Leicester. He could still come although I doubt it.
Does Kane think Leicester are more attractive than us? No.

Sorry but I'm not basing my assessment on whether Rogers has turned us down or not, no idea.

I'm basing it on how I would assess the two opportunities:

1. Cluster fuck squad with best player half way out of the door, regular laughing stock fodder with ridiculously massive expectations and a boss who responds to progress by financially handicapping you.

vs

2. Good young squad, full of proven winners having won the league and the FA cup in the last few years, with enthusiastic boss who has orchestrated all the success by employing good people and leaving them to do their job.

If I'm eyeing those two then I'm sorry but the history, the stadium and an invite to the now defunct ESL aren't going to make up the difference for any non tottenham fan.

Stick in a couple of billion, buy the naming rights, The Tavistock Stadium. Job done you fucking tightwad.

Still, what do I know? Unlike Happy Ending, I Know Nothing About Business
Isn't that what City got done for?

No company with even the most tenuous link to the owners can sponsor a club.

I think, happy to be proved wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom