Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry mate but you don't feel that signing good players and managers isn't the be all and end all of running a football club? That is literally the point mate, progressing up the football pyramid. Even if you're just a business looking to grow the value of the club to sell on, having a good performing team (and thus a marketable one) will make you money.
Mate they arere not running a football club anymore . Football pyramid is bollocks to them as the level of investment to compete outweighs the rewards. As long as they can give enough bullshit to fill the stadium , give a impression top 4 is a possibility that will do them.
The value of the business is grown by infrastructure , property and the golden pot of gold which will be a NFL permanent franchise.
The football side is just a vehicle to these ends.

Mate they arere not running a football club anymore . Football pyramid is bollocks to them as the level of investment to compete outweighs the rewards. As long as they can give enough bullshit to fill the stadium , give a impression top 4 is a possibility that will do them.
The value of the business is grown by infrastructure , property and the golden pot of gold which will be a NFL permanent franchise.

Yep. Just find it bizarre that fans are defending them. Must be fans of ENIC the business rather than Tottenham the football club.

They've pretty much confirmed this already. A multi-Sports and €ntertainment complex with an NFL franchise as the focal point.

Baffles me why so many simply brush this under the carpet.

How many of the 92 league clubs in the UK have won ZERO trophies in the last twenty years? Just because you feel a divine entitlement to winning trophies doesn't make it a right ....

But hey - entitlement - that's the modern watchword ...

CL Final first ever in our 130 years history - but feck that we din't win right so who cares?

Being a fan is far, far more than just winning things, sure we all want to win things, but for 90% of fans their club will never even come close to an EPL title, a CL Final, or even a Domestic Cup .... but hey we're Spurs so we're entitled to win ... is that what you think?

ENIC need to do better with managers, players and yes WINNING TROPHIES but that's not the be all and end all of running a football club - or supporting one either.

Your not a Spurs fan so your opinion is irrelevant. Go back to telling us all about Levy Plc and how wonderful their balance sheets are.

9th richest club in the world - 1 trophy - 20 years
It's not entitlement its seeing the enemy within Levy-Enic not go the extra mile to get to the next level.
How many players did spurs buy the season we got to the champions league final?
None.
Just maybe 2 more players would have got us over the line, just maybe spurs win the champions league..
Instead we are where we are now.

This my friend is on Levy

if they got a n NFL franchise based here would the games (think its 8 home games) be part of 20 allow other "days/events" or wold they get them rolled up in with the EPL matches so Levy could still get another 20 events ?

Levy the financial genius.

Wouldn't pull the trigger at £20mn for Grealish which would have got done if he hadn't fucked them about and just paid the price before they got new owners.

A player now valued at £100mn. A profit, allowing for wages in the region of £60mn.

Tried to buy Grealish in August 2018. Dembele left in January 2919, we played in the CL final in May 2919.

It could have all been so different. Sliding doors moment.

If we had signed Grealish, we would have had a better chance of winning the CL, get the no trophies thing off our backs and thus kept Kane.

Travesty.

Tried to buy Grealish in August 2018. Dembele left in January 2919, we played in the CL final in May 2919.

It could have all been so different. Sliding doors moment.

If we had signed Grealish, we would have had a better chance of winning the CL, get the no trophies thing off our backs and thus kept Kane.

Travesty.
So tragically true. This “great businessman” stuff is all bollocks anyway. He got lucky through nepotism. A good businessman knows their industry - and DL hasn’t got a clue. Probably why he’s trying to “diversify the brand”.

:wansum:

So tragically true. This “great businessman” stuff is all bollocks anyway. He got lucky through nepotism. A good businessman knows their industry - and DL hasn’t got a clue. Probably why he’s trying to “diversify the brand”.

:wansum:

Lewes Season Tickets are £180. Or £220 including all Youth and Ladies games. Am I getting £1k more value with my THFC ST?
I used to think so. Now I'm not so sure.

Lewes Season Tickets are £180. Or £220 including all Youth and Ladies games. Am I getting £1k more value with my THFC ST?
I used to think so. Now I'm not so sure.
I know what you mean. I have a ST at my local team, Walton & Hersham. It’s £99 and every penny the club gets really means something and is put to good use. But Spurs is part of our culture, our identity and being. You can’t shake it off. Even if it might make us weirdly happier, healthier and wealthier! It’s why I feel clubs should never be able to exploit true supporters as mere customers. We are the club. We live, breathe, suffer and die as part of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Heaven help us.

:pochcry:

I know what you mean. I have a ST at my local team, Walton & Hersham. It’s £99 and every penny the club gets really means something and is put to good use. But Spurs is part of our culture, our identity and being. You can’t shake it off. Even if it might make us weirdly happier, healthier and wealthier! It’s why I feel clubs should never be able to exploit true supporters as mere customers. We are the club. We live, breathe, suffer and die as part of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Heaven help us.

:pochcry:

Yep. I have been meaning to give up Premier League football for several years and on the whole I have achieved it but just can't shake off my love of Spurs.

It annoys me if I'm honest.

Levy the financial genius.

Wouldn't pull the trigger at £20mn for Grealish which would have got done if he hadn't fucked them about and just paid the price before they got new owners.

A player now valued at £100mn. A profit, allowing for wages in the region of £60mn.
See also: Dani Olmo for less (€20 million +/-), who Pochettino was crying out for.

Still, if your going to talk financial, you'd better run it past Happy Ending, he's the only person here who Knows A Lot About Business

See also: Dani Olmo for less (€20 million +/-), who Pochettino was crying out for.

Still, if your going to talk financial, you'd better run it past Happy Ending, he's the only person here who Knows A Lot About Business

As I have mentioned before I have always been ENIC/Levy neutral but that was because we did at least seem to be making progress (ie, CL final). Now we are close to being a mid table side with our chances winning a trophy negligible.

I'm too old to wait 30 more fucking years to see us win a League cup.

Last edited:
QUOTE="T.K. Massive, post: 2942992, member: 14549"]
...honestly, you can have this one for the reason of who the fuck has the time to go through and read a 48 page pdf just to make a point on a forum.

Can you explain why it doesn't feel like we've invested any money then? Is it just because the core of the team has remained the same and Levy insists on said players staying at the club?
[/QUOTE]

We made big investments retaining our best players - Kane, Lloris, Toby, Son and Alli. We desperately wanted Eriksen to stay and the club did everything to keep him. Did this gamble pay off? Well yes, we reached a champions league final - very very very few clubs can say that.

Big investments were made in Lo Celso, Ndombele and Bergjwin. GLC seems plagued with injury and Ndombele/Bergjwin not settled in whatsoever.

Big changes rumoured for this summer. Epl has given the greenlight for full stadiums and we are in a fantastic financial position compared to other clubs.

Untitled-1.jpg

This just hit my inbox.
Shameless bastards. It's been about 1 month since I cancelled my membership and they think this appointment is enough to validate their disgusting ticket pricing for such a low standard of football.

No shock that it's difficult to find ticket categories & pricing for the coming season on the Spurs website. They want me to pay for a membership so I can purchase tickets without letting me know how much the tickets will cost. Was paying £80-£120 per game pre covid for viewing something I would struggle to value above £25.

Untitled-1.jpg

This just hit my inbox.
Shameless bastards. It's been about 1 month since I cancelled my membership and they think this appointment is enough to validate their disgusting ticket pricing for such a low standard of football.

No shock that it's difficult to find ticket categories & pricing for the coming season on the Spurs website. They want me to pay for a membership so I can purchase tickets without letting me know how much the tickets will cost. Was paying £80-£120 per game pre covid for viewing something I would struggle to value above £25.

Just saw it myself. What a shower of wankers.

Untitled-1.jpg

This just hit my inbox.

Not had the e-mail although I also cancelled my Membership a month ago. However my reason was that they expected me to pay for a membership before the Government gave any decision as to capacity of the Ground. Anything short of capacity and members will not get a look in.

Untitled-1.jpg

This just hit my inbox.

They have no shame, they seem pretty desperate tbh.

They have no shame, they seem pretty desperate tbh.

Let's face it, they are. They have a newly built 65,000 seater stadium that they haven't been able to use for 18 months. Apart from the lost match revenue, they haven't had the Guns 'N' Roses and Lady GaGa gigs and the NFL stuff they had in mind. When they did all their financial planning for the new stadium, no one factored in a deadly pandemic as a variable but the consequences of the pandemic are still there and still have to be dealt with.

We have to accept that there could be some tough times ahead for the club.

Back
Top Bottom