Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting interview with Toby Alderweirreld - definitely worthwhile a read about his 6 years at Spurs and a range of things and people at Spurs. Great partnership with Vertonghen for us - one of the best defensive partnerships in europe for a time

He has a few things to say on Levy too - interesting as rumours were that he and his father (his agent) were on bad terms with Spurs/Levy.

You don’t know all the things that happen in a club. It’s not Football Manager. I know for sure that [chairman Daniel] Levy gave 100 per cent for the club. It’s good they’re not happy with where they are now. The structure is there to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Maybe they need some more time. I know in football there’s no time but I don’t think the club should have done anything else.

How many times do you see clubs invest too much and then they’re in trouble? Spurs know what it is to be healthy. Of course, it will always be said ‘no silverware’ and I understand that. But it’s a wonderful period in Spurs’ history. I think the fans will enjoy thinking about it.”

Expect a 20% increase in ticket prices next season to help raise the money to pay the fine
That's nuts considering the pacos boys (for eg) had logos literally coming out of their arses.

I always get sad seeing sponsors on shorts as you know levy will be on that soon. The sleeve is bad enough. Under the numbers on the shirt back is also tragic.

Interesting interview with Toby Alderweirreld - definitely worthwhile a read about his 6 years at Spurs and a range of things and people at Spurs. Great partnership with Vertonghen for us - one of the best defensive partnerships in europe for a time

He has a few things to say on Levy too - interesting as rumours were that he and his father (his agent) were on bad terms with Spurs/Levy.

You don’t know all the things that happen in a club. It’s not Football Manager. I know for sure that [chairman Daniel] Levy gave 100 per cent for the club. It’s good they’re not happy with where they are now. The structure is there to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Maybe they need some more time. I know in football there’s no time but I don’t think the club should have done anything else.

How many times do you see clubs invest too much and then they’re in trouble? Spurs know what it is to be healthy. Of course, it will always be said ‘no silverware’ and I understand that. But it’s a wonderful period in Spurs’ history. I think the fans will enjoy thinking about it.”
Reading this article is the closest I've come to starting drinking again in just over three years now.

lol can’t wait for John Thomas and Arcespace take on this….

Levy gave 100 per cent for the club

Said the ex-player who benefited from a fucking ridiculous contract signed off by said chairman.

The newspaper must be disappointed they didn’t rake any dirt. Shame on Toby for being only positive.

hopefully they learn their lesson in the future and seek Danny Rose or Charlie Kane’s input in the future.

lol can’t wait for John Thomas and Arcespace take on this….
What an absurd comment.

A recently departed former player, who left on good terms after performing admirably and earning millions, doesn't attack or criticise the CEO of his recent employer in an subsequent interview.

What are you implying. That this proves Levy is doing a sterling and job and all the criticism is unfounded?

A very silly post by your high standards, FOK FOK .

Last edited:

That 'much appreciated' remark at the end of that interview has brought a tear to my eye. Martin was and is a classy guy, and his treatment by Levy and the Club was a disgrace. If it was his time to go, fair enough, but the way it was done was abominable. I'm just glad that he still retains an affection for the Club and the supporters - as I said, a class act from his head to his toes. 🥰🥰🥰

That 'much appreciated' remark at the end of that interview has brought a tear to my eye. Martin was and is a classy guy, and his treatment by Levy and the Club was a disgrace. If it was his time to go, fair enough, but the way it was done was abominable. I'm just glad that he still retains an affection for the Club and the supporters - as I said, a class act from his head to his toes. 🥰🥰🥰
Agree. I wasn’t a huge fan of Jol, did OK but limited and time to go but I always assumed the half time saving was exaggerated and he must have already know he was out. That’s incredible, his nephew telling him? Jesus Christ, Levy really is a fucking disgraceful wrong un

Agree. I wasn’t a huge fan of Jol, did OK but limited and time to go but I always assumed the half time saving was exaggerated and he must have already know he was out. That’s incredible, his nephew telling him? Jesus Christ, Levy really is a fucking disgraceful wrong un
It really was disgraceful stuff from Levy, and I was also a huge fan of Jol.

One thing I would say is that there was talk of Jol and Levy falling out, largely because Jol had a disco room built in his house and put it on club expenses. To be honest that only makes me like him more.

One thing I would say is that there was talk of Jol and Levy falling out, largely because Jol had a disco room built in his house and put it on club expenses. To be honest that only makes me like him more.
I love that story, if it's true - I hope that it had a huge disco ball right in the middle of the ceiling :)

I was very surprised to read recently apparently he is still in touch with Levy. Forgiving sort of guy!

Haha that’s fucking superb, never heard that before

Back
Top Bottom