Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iz futbal iz futbal

“The one player Nuno really wanted, Adama Traore, stayed at Wolves, even though his contract is running down”

Traore has been dropped to the bench and Wolves have now won 2 straight.

The club has problems, but NES is fundamentally dogshit. That he’s so reliant on such a 1 dimensional player speaks volumes about his lack of coaching ability for the middle 3rd.

This is why we are such a clusterfuck. If you get a manager with a particularly style then you either back him or sack him. Why get Nuno if you won’t go for Traore or a type of player who is good at getting the ball from one end of the pitch to the other that he needs.

It’s like we hire managers and buy and sell players without any thought as to how they go together. That is the main issue, more than the quality of the squad IMO.

Levy and Jol fell out because Jol went up to speak to Newcastle by helicopter and put it on clubs expenses Levy found out. Big cuddly yid bear
In the interview he mentions him telling Comolli to get out of the dressing room & comolli went to moan at levy . That undoubtedly had some part to play in it .

This is why we are such a clusterfuck. If you get a manager with a particularly style then you either back him or sack him. Why get Nuno if you won’t go for Traore or a type of player who is good at getting the ball from one end of the pitch to the other that he needs.

It’s like we hire managers and buy and sell players without any thought as to how they go together. That is the main issue, more than the quality of the squad IMO.
Agreed. Nuno and Traore are both poor. So there’s that too.

Looking at the facts

Dembele
Erikson
Rose
Trippier

All gone for next to nothing

Sanchez 40m
Bergwyijn 30m
Ndombele 53m
Royale 22m
GlC 30m

All big money signings who have proven fn worthless..... At bests a couple of moments each per SEASON.

1.2bn stadium that should have cost 600m

This is all the fans money - we will be paying the associated debt off for fn decades while watching awful footballers with an awful manager

If levy gets away with this - it will simply continue for YEARS.

Levy out!

Is that the lowest PL attendance since the New stadium was opened? Think there was many reasons including Petrol crisis, over officious entry system as well as the poor form.
Yea i think it must be the lowest but obviously no fans for a year so smallish sample size. Possibly a few mitigating factors but equally a decent kick off time and a reasonable opponent, not like it was Burnley on a Monday night.

Is "get the ball to Traore" a style of football? If it is it isn't the style of a top six aspirant team, so Nuno has to adjust regardless.

Is "get the ball to Traore" a style of football? If it is it isn't the style of a top six aspirant team, so Nuno has to adjust regardless.

Well yes if you watch his traditional style. His teams like Wolves sit deep, then a midfielder like Neves will pass the ball forward to Traore on the counter and Traore will dribble it deep into the opponents half and lay it off to an attacker. Classic old little team sit and counter style. Traore is great for that.

Today we at least played a bit of football I much prefer and yes hopefully he will adapt to us not try and play something we can’t do.

Was talking to friend about Enic today and wondering what their plan is.
We obviously know that it’s more about the investment rather than the sporting side of things that’s important to Enic, but we that only bears fruit when they come to sell.
With the stadium debt to take into account and lack of trophies or ambition on the field I would suggest we’re not a particularly interesting prospect for a potential buyer so where does that leave Enic? The longer this goes on the less attractive we become too I would think so how do Enic get their investment back? Do they have a plan or are Spurs just a toy to play with until they get bored?

We obviously know that it’s more about the investment rather than the sporting side of things that’s important to Enic, but we that only bears fruit when they come to sell.
With the stadium debt to take into account and lack of trophies or ambition on the field I would suggest we’re not a particularly interesting prospect for a potential buyer so where does that leave Enic? The longer this goes on the less attractive we become too I would think so how do Enic get their investment back? Do they have a plan or are Spurs just a toy to play with until they get bored?
I think the plan is to sell the entire stadium as part of the package which generates 10 or 15 events per year which is probably more appealing to investors than a successful 11

Could they IPO? or sell a minority stake?

I think the plan is to sell the entire stadium as part of the package which generates 10 or 15 events per year which is probably more appealing to investors than a successful 11

Could they IPO? or sell a minority stake?
An IPO is definitely probable but it'll be a couple years down the road when the revenue/earnings normalize after the effects of COVID and whatnot

They will use the stadium for big sporting events like AJ v Usyk, they will just keep taking income and pass it on to their siblings when they are gone.

Don’t really agree. Spurs are a club starved of success on the pitch with probably the best infrastructure in place in Europe, as long as still in PL I don’t think current on field status is relevant to selling. In fact it might make more appeal to a buyer as there is more upside. A huge fan base unlike say City and in London. There’s planning applications approved for all round the stadium, which all round is gonna make the stadium have more appeal as it’s intended multi venue status.I firmly believe we easily have potential to be a top 5 European power house. With big investment we’d be bigger than the City or Chelsea models. There’s still a massive upside. Trouble is it’s hard to see levy ever agreeing on a billion pound deal, when he still has to haggle over £2m selling or buying a player.

The stadium is owned by THFC not by ENIC. You can’t just move monies around between entities. ENIC owns 85% of THFC. Revenue from sporting events at the stadium goes to THFC not ENIC.

I appreciate 20 years ago is a long time in footballing terms but ENIC effectively white knighted us from the clutches of the previous owner, Alan Sugar. Joe Lewis is a lifelong Spurs fan and hated the way the club was run under Sugar. If you look at our results in that period, you would understand why.

I don’t believe Spurs is just an investment fir ENIC against this backdrop. But the fact is that Joe will not bankroll the team in the same way the dirty Russian money does at Chelsea or Sheikh-5-names does at City, maybe an issue for some but I respect it. It’s the same model adopted by the owners of Woolwich, Liverpool, and Man U. I know their supporters aren’t happy with the owners either but that’s the way it is.

Unless the clubs owner plow their personal fortunes into the playing side a small proportion of supporters will always be unhappy and unfortunately they number more than the ordinary supporter (who loves THFC for what it is and don’t care about politics) on forums such as this gives the grumps an outlet to express their dissatisfaction and link with other grumps.

. Joe Lewis is a lifelong Spurs fan
Complete bollocks .

Your having to many saunas and sucking on Nordic cock n bull meatballs to make any sense treacle.
The old cunt don't give a shit, , Where was the ugly fucker in Madrid , how many times has he seen us live ? He prefers golf and buying top end paintings than signing decent players .

Get on that last train to Gothenburg and don't come back with such Pinocchio porky pies .

Back
Top Bottom