Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Complete bollocks .

Your having to many saunas and sucking on Nordic cock n bull meatballs to make any sense treacle.
The old cunt don't give a shit, , Where was the ugly fucker in Madrid , how many times has he seen us live ? He prefers golf and buying top end paintings than signing decent players .

Get on that last train to Gothenburg and don't come back with such Pinocchio porky pies .
Love it. But not many logical points made there.
- Joe came from humble background
- he built his fortune from nothing.
- he grew up on our streets.
- he sold his shareholding’s in other clubs ( Slavi Prague, Rangers etc) to finance his acquisition and removal of Sugar. Any investment banker worth their salt would say that you should own 5% of 17 assets rather than 85% of one. What Joe Lewis did was counter-intuitive to finance markets.
- Levy owns 30% of ENIC. ENIC owns 85% of THFC so Levy owns effectively 25% of THFC. He isn’t going anywhere despite what people who froth at the mouth say in this thread.
- Joe is a Spurs supporter. He’s 85 now so won’t attend games but apparently watches games from his Superyacht in the Bahamas. If you had 4.5bn quid which would you do? Come to a game and potentially meet misguided angry people like Lenny Hatchet Lenny Hatchet ?

Love it. But not many logical points made there.
- Joe came from humble background
- he built his fortune from nothing.
- he grew up on our streets.
- he sold his shareholding’s in other clubs ( Slavi Prague, Rangers etc) to finance his acquisition and removal of Sugar. Any investment banker worth their salt would say that you should own 5% of 17 assets rather than 85% of one. What Joe Lewis did was counter-intuitive to finance markets.
- Levy owns 30% of ENIC. ENIC owns 85% of THFC so Levy owns effectively 25% of THFC. He isn’t going anywhere despite what people who froth at the mouth say in this thread.
- Joe is a Spurs supporter. He’s 85 now so won’t attend games but apparently watches games from his Superyacht in the Bahamas. If you had 4.5bn quid which would you do? Come to a game and potentially meet misguided angry people like Lenny Hatchet Lenny Hatchet ?
Let’s start a petition for Joe Lewis to be made a Saint. Wow I didn’t realise what he did for the club out of the goodness of his kind heart. All this and with zero self interest . Makes me puke how people bang on about Mother Teresa of Calcutta as she used to be known, without even a thought for philanthropic Joe

Let’s start a petition for Joe Lewis to be made a Saint. Wow I didn’t realise what he did for the club out of the goodness of his kind heart. All this and with zero self interest . Makes me puke how people bang on about Mother Teresa of Calcutta as she used to be known, without even a thought for philanthropic Joe
How old are you? Do you remember the deal? We welcomed Joe with open arms. He’s one of us. Sugar? Not so much.

From Wikipedia

“Levy was born in Essex and is of Jewish origins. His father Barry Levy was the owner of a clothing retail business Mr Byrite (later rebranded as Blue Inc). He is a lifelong Tottenham Hotspur supporter, and attended his first match at White Hart Lane against QPR in the 1960s.

Levy made an attempt to buy Tottenham Hotspur from Alan Sugar in July 1998 but failed.Another attempt was made in July 2000 but that was again rejected, however, increasing hostility by fans towards Sugar eventually persuaded Sugar to sell.

Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are one of our own, like it or not.

Let’s be honest he can’t really be a fan. Ask any true Spurs fan if they had £1bn and had a choice of investing in art or building a great Spurs team. Any true fan is gonna opt for Spurs surely.

The last 10 years we have had the most success I have seen in lifetime as a Spurs supporter. And this happened under ENIC. We have never regularly competed for the title /top 4 in the previous 50 years barring a brief 3 year spell in the early 80’s.

From Wikipedia

“Levy was born in Essex and is of Jewish origins. His father Barry Levy was the owner of a clothing retail business Mr Byrite (later rebranded as Blue Inc). He is a lifelong Tottenham Hotspur supporter, and attended his first match at White Hart Lane against QPR in the 1960s.

Levy made an attempt to buy Tottenham Hotspur from Alan Sugar in July 1998 but failed.Another attempt was made in July 2000 but that was again rejected, however, increasing hostility by fans towards Sugar eventually persuaded Sugar to sell.

Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy are one of our own, like it or not.
Let’s say you are correct , I will not dispute they are fans. So was Irving Scholar and arguably Sugar . Does not mean they have done a stellar job with the stewardship of the club , nor does that negate the argument they bought the club out of self interest .

Let’s be honest he can’t really be a fan. Ask any true Spurs fan if they had £1bn and had a choice of investing in art or building a great Spurs team. Any true fan is gonna opt for Spurs surely.
So Abramovich and Sheikh-5-names are real fans because they plow their ill gotten gains into a football club that is a sideline to their main event?

The fact that owners dont plow their personal fortunes into clubs isn’t a bad thing. Sure Blackburn have a Premier League title because Hayward bought the title, but where are they now? where have they been for the last 15 years?

We are building and running a football club. We compete with the best. That is something to be proud of, surely?

sod it. I vowed to myself to not to post in this thread again due to the online trolls and anti-Spurs grumps. I’ve broken my own rule. I’m out. Post what you like from here. I’m gonna stick to players and games

byeeeeeeee

Paley Center Goodbye GIF by The Paley Center for Media

sod it. I vowed to myself to not to post in this thread again due to the online trolls and anti-Spurs grumps. I’ve broken my own rule. I’m out. Post what you like from here. I’m gonna stick to players and games

byeeeeeeee

Oh don't go Ulrika. That bit about Levy and Lewis being passionate Spurs fans

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

"There is no passion here" said Levy, ADMITTING THAT NEITHER LEWIS NOR HIMSELF WAS PARTICULARLY KEEN ON FOOTBALL

Last edited:
How old are you? Do you remember the deal? We welcomed Joe with open arms. He’s one of us. Sugar? Not so much.
I well remember by mates Dad laughing at us as we were all excited about the new owners. He still reminds us of his tempering and to be fair, he told us there and then they had no money and wouldn’t invest.

He knew of Levy through shared associates at that time and he was spot on

The last 10 years we have had the most success I have seen in lifetime as a Spurs supporter. And this happened under ENIC. We have never regularly competed for the title /top 4 in the previous 50 years barring a brief 3 year spell in the early 80’s.

If the Champions League (via finishing in the top 4) was a thing in the 80's, we'd have qualified for it 5 times; 81/82 (4th), 82/83 (4th), 84/85 (3rd), 86/87 (3rd), 89/90 (3rd).

We also won the FA Cup twice (when it was actually a highly prized trophy) in 1981 and 1982. And the UEFA cup in 1984. So nowadays, the 1984 UEFA cup win would also have qualified us for Champions League a 6th time for the decade.

Basically, in the 1980s, Spurs were mostly a Champions League level club that won a few trophies to boot.

So Abramovich and Sheikh-5-names are real fans because they plow their ill gotten gains into a football club that is a sideline to their main event?

The fact that owners dont plow their personal fortunes into clubs isn’t a bad thing. Sure Blackburn have a Premier League title because Hayward bought the title, but where are they now? where have they been for the last 15 years?

We are building and running a football club. We compete with the best. That is something to be proud of, surely?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If the Champions League (via finishing in the top 4) was a thing in the 80's, we'd have qualified for it 5 times; 81/82 (4th), 82/83 (4th), 84/85 (3rd), 86/87 (3rd), 89/90 (3rd).

We also won the FA Cup twice (when it was actually a highly prized trophy) in 1981 and 1982. And the UEFA cup in 1984. So nowadays, the 1984 UEFA cup win would also have qualified us for Champions League a 6th time for the decade.

Basically, in the 1980s, Spurs were mostly a Champions League level club that won a few trophies to boot.
Bumping this Ulrikacoglou Ulrikacoglou AND IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY….

Superb post.
We were widely considered one of the big 5 and rightly so.
The way our own fans, like Ulrika, belittle us, besmirch us and ignore our illustrious past to justify their love of ENIC is really nauseating to be honest.
We are a huge club, with a huge history and a huge fan base. All we're lacking are owners befitting of our potential.

Back
Top Bottom